Archived Expansion On Deadbolts/ /f Access

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shayin

Seen any Elves?
Reaction score
Hello there! As most of you faction leaders/ officers are aware. making a compact, anti- grief Portal room can be a real hassle. There needs to be an expansion on the permissions and build rights within the faction plugin to make this work better, as well as with other things. More deadbolt programming can help this too.

So with the /f access p [username] command, we can give players access to land. Well, I think that we should be able to edit the perms of that chunk too. So an /f access p [username] Door lever button would give the player access to use Doors, Levers, and Buttons. The commands need to be more individualized.

My Portal room is a 1 chunk hallway with iron doors on the exterior of the portals. If I want my faction members to be able to use the doors, I have to put [everyone] on the deadbolts.
If I do this, EVERYONE can use the doors. Faction members, Allies, Truced, Neutral, Enemies.
Nawt gud.

I propose that a /deadbolt 3 [factionname] be created so I can add JUST my faction to the deadbolt. This would make security a whole lot easier and would enable a whole new level of faction cooperation.

Another fix to this problem would be a perms revision. Make it so that factions can decide what perms are usable, by who, and where. If I want everyone in my faction to be able to use a door at the Portal room, but not everyone to build in the portal room, I can do that now without affecting my member's perms elsewhere. If I want recruits to be able to build freely in a certain area, I can do that.

Thanks for reading, and post further expansion on this concept below! :)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Perhaps for now just focus on getting /f access added to. Deadbolt is not an in house plugin and cayorion does not code it.

Or, what about a [faction], [allies], etc. tag on DeadBolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.