Expanding Roleplay, Bridging Survival, Cohesive Community And Newcomers

Discussion in 'General' started by MonMarty, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Last_Link

Last_Link Dont be that guy

I'd say it's better to just make the poll somewhere else

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Conflee

Conflee Not drunk I swear.
    1. The Beggars

Agreed tbh. Theres so many people claiming stuff was botted that may or may not have been, so many actually obvious bots, etc that there isn't going to be much faith that the people who got the 6 spots did so legit without a more secure vote with the top like 12 or something on the Forums.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Boogjangels

Boogjangels Is beans the problem, Doctor?

Glad to see CoN is getting a a worthy replacement! If this is successful though, could we expect to see this system integrated into Essalonia as well? Or better yet, would it be possible to have Essalonia builds moved over to this new map? @MonMarty

4. Nixonism

Nixonism 37th President of the United States

The purpose of the map isn't to replace Essalonia nor factions. It is, at the end of the day, roleplay focused.

5. CnocBride

CnocBride Blueberry Commander Staff Member Game2

As Bagley said, this is just another 'gamemode'. It will be RP-oriented but a very heavy mix of RP and factions. It is not, however, a Crisis of Nobles replacement.

6. MyCatBubbles

MyCatBubbles Watcher of the Watchmen, Executor of Regalians

Ninja ain't a bot lul

7. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Any vodka??
    1. City of Gilead

That sentence alone was enough to turn me off all this, I was aware rp was going to be primary here, any point faction players even taking part???

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MyCatBubbles

MyCatBubbles Watcher of the Watchmen, Executor of Regalians

To keep RPers ego chilled by fireballing them ay

But ye, so much for it being a 'bridge' between the two if its gonna be an 'rpers' thing lol

9. MonMarty

MonMarty the thot thiccens… Staff Member Server Owner

The poll got badly botted after I went to bed, so I'm just going to approve the names of the people who I know have a substantial community behind them and were still at the top when I went to bed:
    If any of you aren't interested, please reply asap. I'm going to start making the map now and that should hopefully be done within 2/3 days.

• Like Like x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Boogjangels

Well from what I read, it looks like there'll be RP and free(ish) building, that's pretty much exactly what I've been wanting. Whether it's a CoN replacement or not, whatever, but my second question still stands; will we be allowed to move builds over from Essalonia?

11. Conflee

1. The Beggars

Become a town's champion to fight 1v1s over the fate of the town, or join in on the PVP events used to decide other battles and fort assaults. Its RP, with PVP as a tool to give you all some shit to do. Wooperr is also a Survivalist whos going to be heading one of the States so. Its not 'Only for RPers' but it is geared at a mostly RP audience for day-to-day things.

12. MonMarty

You don't have to participate in PVP honor duels and PVP mass battles. You're more than welcome to sit it all out. We're extending the opportunity to close the gap with a first step, I'm not professing a perfect solution that will work instantly, because there is none. There is a whole lot of damage to try and fix.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Yigit

Yigit Ironfist Staff Member World2

@MonMarty Shall we start getting to work on state threads, and will we be provided any necessities that need to be covered in our state formations?

14. Zacatero

Zacatero all panic, and no disco
    1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

When I saw Yigit's comment above it made me think for a second. So new cities would have to be built each time a new ruler comes into power?

15. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Any vodka??
    1. City of Gilead

Lmao “give you all some shit to do” sounds like a sorry ass way of saying to keep survivalists quiet, not all survivalists PVP!

16. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Any vodka??
    1. City of Gilead

I am glad you see the bigger picture and I praise you for it, yes there is allot of damage to fix

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  17. Deadfoe51

Deadfoe51 Machines don't FEEL anything

I'm willing to lead and hopefully help drive my community even further with this. However I wish to do this with @Caelamus if I can. To lead together.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Kidmodo

Kidmodo The Legend 210 reborn

Ill go for it. Ill become an RP god

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  19. Conflee

1. The Beggars

Survival materials fund town building. PVP outlets give PVPers extra events to fight at.

20. Cyliah

Cyliah Cute Sunflower by Day, Sassy Bitch by Night.

It sounds amazing, I'm finally seeing the changes I've always wished for

21. MonMarty

You're welcome to build for the town owners/capital owners, but we will not be transferring builds from Essalonia. It sets a weird precedent that might work for your case since you've wanted your faction to always be like this, but not for others, and I hate the idea of making exceptions for individuals.

22. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Any vodka??
    1. City of Gilead

Ok and your point is??

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  23. FlugalMC

FlugalMC Custom Title

You need, NEED to focus your regulation 110% on the OOC interactions between nations. If you don't, this'll turn into another toxic cesspool roleplay server and we do NOT want that. Right now it seems like the regulation is focused on stuff like how many nations can exist at once, and who can lead them.
    For now I'm strongly against these changes in fear it'll turn massive into a toxic cesspool like our competitor is. The "Tavern Roleplay" of Massive does have the benefit of keeping people from being Toxic.

24. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Any vodka??
    1. City of Gilead

Massive has a competitor?? I wasn’t aware any other factions with roleplay servers existed

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. FlugalMC

FlugalMC Custom Title

There's another RP server I won't mention. And don't go looking for it either. Its a horrible server that needs to just die off already.

26. Reaganism

Reaganism 40th President of the United States

• Constructive Constructive x 1
  27. FlugalMC

FlugalMC Custom Title

K you just broke raid rules I'm calling the GM team

28. Boogjangels

Alright, fair enough. Still, can't help but feel I've wasted 4 months of my time on something that's now going to be utterly redundant :/

• Agree Agree x 1
    #68 Boogjangels, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  29. Conflee

1. The Beggars

Survival will still be running alongside this, as will Regalia. When the new CoN replacement comes in this will tie into it but its still all seperate systems.

30. Boogjangels

I think might've been a bit unclear why I'm disappointed with this new gamemode. Yes, I understand that essalonia and regalia will continue to operate as they always have, but if this system is successful (which I'm almost certain it will be because it sounds like the best of both worlds), both regalia and esspecially essalonia will become ghost towns. The reason I'm upset is because I've put a lot of work in to something that's now almost certain to be abandoned.

But in all honesty, it's not as big of a deal as I've made it out to be. This new system sounds infinitely more fun than what we currently have to choose from, so overall I'm really excited to see this go foreward, I'm just a little bummed that we can't bring our essalonia builds over.

• Like Like x 1
  31. MonMarty

Nothing is always certain. We ended up using plenty of abandoned Survival builds in the past for dungeons/events/other things. It's just that right now it wouldn't feel right to move Verdandil over to the expansion, especially since I think you read over the part where the warring factions could just burn your houses down and dismantle your castle into a ruin if they conquered it. I think posterity in that case is more reliable. We're making a bridge gamemode to try and get some people from another server interested, and in the down time that they aren't in this expansion, they will spend that down time in survival instead, which boosts the population there. In the mean time, posterity is probably more important, instead of feeling like you wasted your 4 months, instead of having that 4 months of work being torn down by the actions of 2 players you have only the stringiest of attachments to.

32. Boogjangels

Still confused as to how this " roleplay world griefing" is gonna work, but I've wanted limited griefing (aka overclaim and maybe fire) in factions for years.

But regardless, I'm satisfied with your answer, ty Marty. Best of luck on this whole thing, I'm really hoping it's as awesome as you made it sound

33. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Any vodka??
    1. City of Gilead

Ahhhh I have encountered it, can’t renember it’s name though

34. AgentLew

AgentLew G.D.R. Mercenary

This has potential. I was a little confused on the whole building mechanism/rules that would apply to structures built in this world, but reading through the comments answered my primary worry. But just to confirm: We won't just be getting pieces of regalia's builds without paying for them(either through Regals or Resources), right?
    A solid bridge for the gap that I've been struggling to cross between for years, and the potential is there for this to finally connect the RP and PVP communities in a meaningful and exciting way. Maybe I'll return for this. Though to be honest, minecraft has just lost my interest.

35. Percuriam

Percuriam The Storyteller

I had a lot of similar concerns with the system when it was proposed ( even though I've only known about it for a few days ) but after some lengthy discussions with SpunSugar I think it's a fairly easy thing to deal with on Massive. To start I myself am a leader and have seen a lot of cooperation from three of the other groups. Miss Silver and I have been in talks from the beginning, I offered my lore knowledge to Wooper and Kniferharm when they needed it, and Yigit has always been someone I've tried to cooperate with and I pitched in briefly on a discussion in his discord. A lot of people in my group are in other discords, and a lot of people from other groups are in my discord. I think it's important to function like this because it creates a more welcoming atmosphere to the entire system. If you have cooperation OOC, which Massive often does because we have a very cooperative community despite some major faults sometimes, then you can avoid a lot of tension when IC conflict arises. From what I've seen OOC tensions are already going great from my perspective because the leaders are a pretty solid group of individuals.

And believe me tavern roleplay can get real heated real fast.

• Winner Winner x 1
  36. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Any vodka??
    1. City of Gilead

That is great to hear and well done on taking the initiative, but your “group” is it solely made of roleplayers or have you reached out to survivalists to include in your numbers? An inclusion which in my mind is vital for this experiment to work and when I say survivalists I’m talking about the players including myself have never roleplayers or barely stepped foot in regalia and have always remained in a faction world even after 4 yesrs

37. Conflee

1. The Beggars

Jes, Winterless, and Hardname off the top of my head i'm pretty sure all three are in. Probably a few more I just dont recognize. And some might just be in from other States socializing idk. But we definitely have some.

38. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Any vodka??
    1. City of Gilead

Three brilliant pvpers, but any actual survivalists?? Not all survivalists pvp and vice versa

39. Zacatero

Zacatero all panic, and no disco
    1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

This will take work on both sides. survivalists have to adjust to a new way of playing survival, and role players have to adjust to a new way of role-playing. Role players who approach this idea thinking they can do what they do in regalia and that's it, will be just as successful as survivalists who approached this thinking they can just do what they were doing in Essalonia. My point is this is new to everybody so if we approach it as a new thing instead of approaching it like "I already know what I'm going to be doing" we might have more luck.

40. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Any vodka??
    1. City of Gilead

Completely agree with you man, I previously did state that if the current Regalian/RP culture which admittedly I view as toxic and the current factions culture which many roleplayers equally view as toxic, didn't change and adapt then this would just become a regalia 2.0 and the gap would become even wider