Exordium Of Duress

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by Lionfiles, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Lionfiles

Lionfiles in love with aleksandra

[​IMG]

▩⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛▩
    [​IMG]
    ▩⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛▩

"From order, comes freedom."

The halls of the house were silent, only the sounds of a family gathering in front of a hearth could be heard. A large table was set out with eight chairs at either side and one at the head of it. The family sat there, bickering amongst themselves.

A young woman’s voice rings out in protest, “but Aleksandra isn’t a man! Serafim should be sitting there, Father, not Aleksandra!” A gruff older man responds, “Be quiet, Galinya! You’re speaking out of turn. Know your place,” his face red with fury. “Father is right. Understand your place, Galinya.” Aleksandra finally speaks up, shooting a glare across to the woman. All of the other siblings quiet alongside the mother, no objections. Aleksandra’s outfit was a stark red velvet compared to her usual black, much to her family’s confusion. Although, they thought nothing of it as she was taking up a new “battle,” succession.

Now that everyone’s on the same page, we will continue on.” Voronkov stands up and walks over to Aleksandra, gesturing for her to stand up as well. He takes a large kriegsmesser off the wall, placing it in her hands. “From order, comes freedom,” he murmurs to her.

From order, comes freedom,” Aleksandra repeats, her expression unwavering. She turns towards her family, peering over all of them with her head raised high. “I, Aleksandra Dragić, heir to the house of Dragić, understand that I… am a woman. I was not born a man, but I was raised as one.” She steps around the table, eyeing the portraits and relics adorning the wall. “Time and time again, you all did not believe in me. You thought that I could not take up the reins of our house and push us further into the future while still upholding our roots. I will prove to you that I can do both- Unless you do not believe me?” She peers around once more, her siblings becoming completely overcome with bewilderment. “Do you not?” she yells out inquisitively through the silent hall. Her siblings, continuing to stay quiet, are unable to speak. “Then I will show you.”

She steps up to her father, looking him in the eye. Aleksandra takes the kriegsmesser in her right hand, raising it up to the ceiling before turning to her family. “The Everwatcher has led us to where we are today and we will continue to live by his values! I will uphold our traditions, our memories, and our ideals, and ingrain them for future generations!” She finally lowers the sword and turns back to her father, maintaining eye contact once more. “From order, comes freedom.”

Aleksandra then, in turn, fully pushes the blade through his body. Blood promptly gushes out onto the wooden floor below, staining it red. Voronkov’s hands tremble as he places them on the blade, gripping it tightly. He presses a stare back at her and tries to almost reason with her. Instead, his face is contorted with pain as the shock finally departs from his body. Aleksandra continues to keep the blade within his abdomen, peering into his eyes with no remorse. She grips the blade harder, placing both of her hands on the hilt and pushing in, further and further. Hatred, greed, revenge, a range of emotions continue to flurry about her mind as she continues. A metal chain with a locket clangs against her chest as she pushes further in. A depiction of Vlaas Kade could be seen etched in on the locket. Finally, after some time, Aleksandra pulls the sword out, blood splattering onto her face and clothes. She turns towards her family, the same stoic expression still laid upon her visage.

I, Aleksandra, head of the house of Dragić, will now usher in a new beginning. We will continue with our traditions-!” She points her sword at the body of her father. “And still move forward, learning from our mistakes, overcoming any obstacles, and make our mark on Regalia! From order, comes freedom,” she barks out, her voice booming throughout the hall. The entirety of the room is filled with silence, her shouting finally coming to an end. The mother watches on with a detached look, similar to Aleksandra’s. Everyone else in the room stares at their sister, their family member, their “Patriarch.” Their eyes fill with shock, uncertainty, and utter fear. “From order, comes freedom,” they finally echo in response.

This is a few days after the conquest of Greygate and Aleksandra has returned home to Mosokovo. Also, the Dragić family isn’t nobility but is still an important aspect to Aleksandra and her life, so I decided to write this anyways. Aleksandra really isn’t a “good” character per se, and I wanted to explain that in a realistic post that explains her position and what she believes in. She’s definitely a neutral character who goes based on what seems right in the moment. If you don’t already know, Vladno culture is very conservative and has its traditions ingrained in society. I really wanted to portray the culture to the best of my abilities in a post with her family. There are subtle hints to very specific parts of Vladno culture within the document that I hope avid readers of the wiki caught! I hope you enjoyed the passage. Thanks to @GriffinCA and @Cunoesse for their help with editing and writing in general!

• Powerful Powerful x 8
    #1 Lionfiles, Oct 16, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  2. DahStalker

DahStalker Pollo

Lhoris sulks as she misses the fiancé of Aleksandra.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Lastsuperseth

Lastsuperseth

this bitch crazy wtf

• Agree Agree x 4