Archived Exception Of Making Sand Generators

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mihacool

Broke guy on the street
Reaction score
As you know we cant make sand generators and actually
I believe you cant any more vannila but I dont want holes in Ithania
I think we should be able to make sand generators so we dont ruin everything
so just an exception to keep everything clean

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
A custom recipe would allow production of sand/gravel without the lag from a sand generator, and should at least slow the harvesting of deserts.

Have a custom recipe of dirt and cobblestone to make sand. There is no shortage of those blocks. lol

A custom recipe would allow production of sand/gravel without the lag from a sand generator, and should at least slow the harvesting of deserts.

By that logic, we could make alot of custom recipes to avoid players abusing glitches or exploits in base minecraft to obtain stuff, so they would never have to leave the comfort of their crafting table.

The simpler response is simply: don't exploit glitches, it's a bannable offence on the server. A sand generator is essentially a glitching machine. And that is all there is to it.

Sand generators was kinda known to be the most lag producing thing in minecraft existance -_-

By that logic, we could make alot of custom recipes to avoid players abusing glitches or exploits in base minecraft to obtain stuff, so they would never have to leave the comfort of their crafting table.

Or just do the recipes that would also slow or prevent players defacing the landscape that the server holds so dear, that sounds like a much less extreme and more thought out option. Since the problem trying to be solved isn't "How to get around glitches to still gain what they do" but rather "How to keep getting materials without destroying the landscape". Though I assume sarcasm was used in your response.

I am generally against "easying up" minecraft, as it is already too easy.

Making sand craftable is a consideration, but I don't think it's a problem anymore once Faradeen is released and Ceardia gets deleted.

Making sand craftable is a consideration, but I don't think it's a problem anymore once Faradeen is released and Ceardia gets deleted.
I would disagree, it is not a problem while Ceardia exists, but will be a big problem once Faradeen is released. This is because it is accepted to strip mine Ceardia since it is going to be deleted, but if one started strip mining Faradeen to get sand, the world would begin to go downhill quickly. Most people won't take one layer off of the entire world, but will mine to stone in a particular area just as Cerdia has been mined.

I would disagree, it is not a problem while Ceardia exists, but will be a big problem once Faradeen is released. This is because it is accepted to strip mine Ceardia since it is going to be deleted, but if one started strip mining Faradeen to get sand, the world would begin to go downhill quickly. Most people won't take one layer off of the entire world, but will mine to stone in a particular area just as Cerdia has been mined.
I have every intention of going there and setting up a Sand Emporium where people can come and buy sand for cheap rather than spend the time mining it themselves. The area immediately behind it will be a large dig site where the sand has been mined down to about layer10 (to get the diamonds while I'm at it). And that will be hidden behind a tall wall of greenery and flowers.

So while a recipe for sand would kill this master plan of mine, the plan itself is proof of why the recipe is a good idea xD
And I rather doubt I'm the only one thinking this way, maybe the only one that wants to bother making the process pretty, but not the only one that plans on profiting by stripmining the sand.

There are ways around this like the archeology plans I made for faradeen. Those projects have large sand excesses as a result.

Chunk regen works on Ithania and all worlds after that

Status
Not open for further replies.