Event Rolling System

Discussion in 'Roleplay Discussion' started by Nag13, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Nag13

Nag13

Does anyone know of any rolling systems that exist for drinking and smithing competitions? I know combat rolling but I don’t quite know how the logistics of smithing and drinking rolling would work. Any advice would also be much appreciated❤️

2. NightLight12

NightLight12 TheRiceFieldman

Drinking as far as i know is base on your characters limit, Most characters has 100. So you emote yourself taking a swing of something and you roll a 10, add it up till you reach the limit or pass it. Once you pass it, you are wasted.

Smithing however is something i have not seen, i'd assume it would be just from normal rolls or how you describe the item you made if that make sense

• Like Like x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  3. leafnosedbat

leafnosedbat juice thought. Supremium

Funny you should mention this, @DrFong and I actually have something cooking that might be exactly what you're looking for. Keep an eye out!

In the mean time, here's a system for drinking contests I came up with a while ago:

Every player rolls a d20 (/roll 20) with each drink. For the first drink, any roll above a 1 lets you keep drinking comfortably. However, after each roll, the number you have to beat goes up by 1. So for each player's second drink, they need to roll above a 2. Third drink, above a 3, and so on. If you ever fail to roll above the number, you're too sick to continue, either passing out or throwing up, and are probably out of the contest.

This creates a nice sense of rising tension, perfect for a competition!

If you want to account for differences in constitution, you might let each character add one fifth of their Physical Stat as a bonus to their rolls. Alternatively, because we're playing with virtual dice, you could allow that bonus to adjust the size of the die itself. So someone with 30 Physical stat is rolling a d26 (/roll 26) instead of a d20, since 20 + 30/5 = 26.

While the latter method guarantees no one gets any "safe" drinks, the former method might be more intuitive to those who are used to other d20 games.​

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    #3 leafnosedbat, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  4. rimacutem

rimacutem Local dwarf

I have been in few drinking competitions. We took 100+bodystat. And then we /roll 20, adding the results on each other. The one who reaches their bodystat first loses. And about smithing? I think that judging it on emotes rather than on number of point you put might be cool. Or do both, give 0-10 points based on emotes and then both of you roll your metallurgy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

• Like Like x 1