Pending Review Enemy Relation As A Mutual Agreement

Discussion in 'Factions' started by MokeDuck, Jan 30, 2019.

1. MokeDuck

MokeDuck Hail the duckfather!

So, I realized with my other suggestion that forcing raids upon people wouldn't match up with MassiveCraft's ideals. *Gloria Borger voice* "I'm not supposed to give my own opinion, buuuuut" I don't think that following massive's ideas are really the way to go if we want to appeal to a larger playerbase and present congruent gameplay to the community. However, there is the polar opposite to my other suggestion, which is to make Enemying someone the same as allying them: both factions have to agree to do it. The one catch is there would need to be a 1 day cooldown or maybe a one-hour delay or something. The point is that, if the current situation is fine where you essentially volunteer to come out of your base and fight, then it would be more fun for everyone if we just expanded that to your territory and allowed PvP factions to continue to voluntarily raid/fight eachother. I don't wanna seem salty about this, cause I'm not. I genuinely think this would be more fun.

2. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

if you want me to immediately log off the server and never log back on this is a great idea

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

I don't mean to be cruel with this statement but this is inherently unrealistic. War is not about mutual respect or agreeing on when to fight, you agree when to surrender or put down arms, but not when to take action.

I've never read about any wars that have been started, in which the leaders of the country's at war agreed it was in their best interest to go to war. Hitler wasn't like to Danzig and Poland, 'Hey, do you mind if I just inch a few tanks across this border here?'. So no, it wouldn't work from a realism sense. It would also annoy PvPers and block their ability to freely attack whoever there want. It gives factions who want to stay out of conflict, which is something that should be achieved through diplomacy on MassiveCraft, the ability to veto any attack on them.

I'm sorry, but this would just be too easily abused, annoy far too many folks within the community and go against MassiveCraft's attempt at recreating a survival realism aspect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

Massive is far too dependant on agreements between players for PvP as it is imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. falconhand

falconhand Aieralynian Kingdom

Yeah this is a fat no from me for the same reasons that Cnoc posted .