Archived Enchantments

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomdorr

High Council member of The Algorian Empire
Reaction score
Just throwing it out there, massivecraft has many individual mods and bits that make it all the more enjoyable.
What if you could remove enchantments from an object onto a book ?

I have previously made the mistake of enchanting armour not naming it and the enchant cost becomes excessive. But what if massivecraft could add the ability to move enchantments to a book ?
Just throwing it out there really

Not to sure on the details, I imagine others could find a better idea, but what if you could find a way to add it to the salvage function providing you have enough books in your inventory to absorb the enchants?

Unless of course this is already in there and I'm being a fool?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This was actually brought up on the Mcmmo forums and is a possible work in progress. It was something they liked the idea of but where not quite sure how to balance. It talked about having a chance of success and a couple other things if I am not mistaken and is planned on being adding with a configuration file for servers. I do however see this making the already "arguably broken fishing" even more of a problem on Massive which in turn would nuke the economy into the ground that much farther. For instance fishing level 1200 you fish up enchanted items a lot 1 fishing pole and you could possibly get a couple prot III and unb III enchanted items which you then move to books. That would make the 25s unb III book basically so easy to get we would see a drop in price to something like 5s which in my opinion would make a lot of enchanters and merchants very very upset lol. Just my thoughts here like the idea if there was a way to balance and make it a low success rate.

This would make it toooo easy to get sharpness books and such from enchanting swords...

Enchanted items would become next to worthless. Imagine all the people with high fishing ripping the good enchants off otherwise unwanted armor or weapons.

Enchanted items would become next to worthless. Imagine all the people with high fishing ripping the good enchants off otherwise unwanted armor or weapons.
That is very true! Maybe they could remove them from chest shops, so as to reduce the books in circulation

That is very true! Maybe they could remove them from chest shops, so as to reduce the books in circulation

I honestly think that adding this in, and then no matter what they would do to try and balance it, it would still be OP. Remove them from chest shops, people would just start auctioning single and double chest of them in trade chat.

I honestly think that adding this in, and then no matter what they would do to try and balance it, it would still be OP. Remove them from chest shops, people would just start auctioning single and double chest of them in trade chat.

Remove enchanted items from fishing then

Status
Not open for further replies.