Rejected Enabling Chorus Fruit For Raids

Discussion in 'Factions' started by MokeDuck, Sep 8, 2018.

1. MokeDuck

MokeDuck Hail the duckfather!

So, although the title does mention chorus fruit, I want you to forget about the fact that chorus fruit is mentioned for just a minute or two. Sorry.
    Preface
    So, in my opinion something Massive doesn't offer much of is competitiveness between factions. Theres PvP, yes, but raiding is very hard when you're up against an established faction. Often you can only really raid people that focus more on their bases being nice rather than safe. I've always thought that you should be able to attack a faction without them agreeing to come out and fight in some way shape or form.
    My Solution
    I would suggest a plugin that would allow players to get inside a faction's base depending on the faction's ability to fight back. In essence, the idea is just to enable chorus fruit, which if you didn't know allows you to teleport to a random location within a certain radius of you. However, that by itself would be WAY too extreme. So, a few conditions should be attached to using chorus fruit:
    • There must be at least two players near you with "Chorus Fruit Enabled" for lack of a better term.
    • When you try to use chorus fruit a message will be sent in local chat that can be heard by the two players that shows your coordinates.
    • you have to stay still for a full two minutes before using chorus fruit, without sneaking.
    And to clarify, what would need to be done is some sort of relation for factions or even something that changes from player to player. This "Chorus Fruit Enabled" flag, relation, or status, would basically ensure that players can't just raid any random person. Basically if you enable chorus fruit, you can then use them to teleport BUT other people with it enabled can use the fruit against you. If this were a relation, it would be like ally insofar as it requires an agreement between two factions and like enemy insofar as it allows combat. If it were a flag, you would need both your faction and the faction whose territory you're in to enable the flag. If it were a status, it should be something that each player can set for themselves. These would ideally would have a limit to when they can be changed so that they can't be changed mid-raid.

So, to recap, My idea is in essence to use the mechanics of the Chorus Fruit to make a way to raid a faction thats a lot like KoTH. Theoretically, it would allow defenders to be able to defend their faction just by putting a player into combat while also allowing attackers the opportunity to get inside other factions that participate in PvP. Ignoring the coding side or this, would this be something you want to see on massive?

2. SubscriptShark

SubscriptShark Not Registered

It seems very hard to do something like that, And very overpowered if mastered correctly , The typical raid faction could go into "Any base" wich seems pretty risky to do so in factions due to certain people not being able to fight back like u said in ur message , There for i myself dont think this would be the optimal Change for the server. But im glad you are trying to help out with ideas :D and as staff. and i get that its hard , but for now we really cant change much about that , its luck and strategy now i guess and the amount of stuff u got for ur pvp fac or something like that

3. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

I think it's a rather dirty solution for a problem with could be solved much easier with something like invis pots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SubscriptShark

Hmm , Invis is an option , but wouldnt it just be abit more stealthier then ./d setsneaking was?

5. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

Can't have armor on, give off particles, combat tagged, doesn't change hitboxes or anything like that. Still however achieves the same thing by allowing people to get into buildings, albeit with a lot of work.

6. SubscriptShark

Also id say its like jes kinda said in my view a touchy subject , it has its ups and downs like anything else , but i do admit id really think about this before this is actually someday implemented.

7. SubscriptShark

Ive noticed sometimes particles arent great if u got low tps , not that that is the case atm, but still it could happen if you think about it , but i wouldnt disagree , ive seen raid videos on yt being invised , it seems a very good adrenaline pump xD

8. SubscriptShark

Plus the timing is crucial , and ive seen a couple door glitches too due to either lag or i dont know what , so it would maybe have to be a solution for stuff like that, yet going back to the subject , I dont think This idea is good for the server , as much as it also has it good things , for me it would result in a no :3 The invis thing should be again become another thing some other time

9. MokeDuck

So just fyi, I mostly made this thread to properly document this idea and make it accessible to everyone.

10. SubscriptShark

I know

11. AgentLew

AgentLew G.D.R.

Chorus fruit... I mean the reasoning behind the concept is something that we need to provide a solution to(Still think the more viable option is lock picking for doors/trapdoors only[Invisibility potions are a good start though, with the large risk involved in their use and the skills required to effectively use them]). The issue I see with chorus fruits though, despite the conditions you listed for their use being solid, is the teleportation through objects. I just see this as very likely to being abused.

12. SubscriptShark

Lockpicking would seem like it could have a chance of like lets say 70 or higher procent chance to fail or something ? And i agree with teh abusing part.

13. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

Smashing down the door with an axe, sought of like how zombies do it, seems more like a seige/raiding style of breaking into a house. Maybe have a mcmmo level requirement in order to do it?

14. MokeDuck

I hear a lot of people saying it could be abused but I still don't know how it would be abused...
    That kinda thing, like lockpicking would be ideal, but it would probably require more coding. It would also need to have things to prevent it from being used on factions with nobody online or even factions that don't want to fight at all.