Archived Empire Chat And Faction Mutes

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imboring56

Seasoned Runner
Reaction score
Two suggestions in one. Number one:

Empire chat. I've heard that empires will be added to Factions V2. I think there should be a separate chat for each empire so that people don't have to message each person individually in the empire, nor do people have to spam ally chat talking to everybody.

Number two:

Faction mutes. I think that faction leaders/officers, depending on the permissions, should have the ability to mute somebody that is being disruptive. The mute would apply to all chats that the person is in, except for private messaging. This would only last while he is in the faction. I often see faction members being hyper, and I sometimes have to kick them for it. I also know others who accidently but frequently disrupt roleplay. This would help me and others monitor it.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think this could take a load of mods minds to, if the disruption were on global and it were my member I would mute him.....

Mutes are a terrible idea and would be abused. However, if a member is giving a bad impression on your faction, you have all the rights to /kick and /ignore.

I think this could take a load of mods minds to, if the disruption were on global and it were my member I would mute him.....
Many of my faction members still talk back and spam Global, Trade, and Ally with disruptive or uneccessary comments. That is precisely why I have suggested it.
Mutes are a terrible idea and would be abused. However, if a member is giving a bad impression on your faction, you have all the rights to /kick and /ignore.
How would they be abused? If a member said something that I didn't like, I wouldn't kick him. I'd probably give him a verbal warning first, then if he does it again I'll mute him. Kicking a person just because they might be a bit excited seems a bit harsh to me.

Anyone could start a faction, meaning anyone could be a faction leader. If anyone can be a faction leader, then everyone could mute. To disable a player to talk in all chats just because your a faction leader is extremely prone to abuse. If your faction members are being disruptive and cannot find an already available option, that is your on fault. Not meaning to be rude, just stating my reasoning.

Then the member could leave and the faction leader would have a bad reputation. The mute would then wear off when the member leaves the faction.

Anyone could start a faction, meaning anyone could be a faction leader. If anyone can be a faction leader, then everyone could mute. To disable a player to talk in all chats just because your a faction leader is extremely prone to abuse. If your faction members are being disruptive and cannot find an already available option, that is your on fault. Not meaning to be rude, just stating my reasoning.
Muting people in your own faction isn't the same as muting people in other peoples factions. Just because anyone can be a faction leader it doesn't mean people will join his faction, especially not if he's abusing his rights within that faction. I would imagine the mute would be removed if the muted person is no longer in the faction.

1) I asked Ulu yesterday if there would be an empire chat, he said yes.
I said:
IF there will be empires (or something similar) built in in factions, then there WILL be a chat for it.
I didn't state that there will be empires built in, nor the way because nothing is decided on it.

I like the empire chat idea and would love for the faction mute to be applied.

Faction leaders should not be able to control a player's activity outside of the faction. If you do not approve of their behaviour and the way it represents you then why have them in the faction? Also, Zack, I believe he meant only muting people who were in his faction.

Faction leaders should not be able to control a player's activity outside of the faction.
The mute wears off after the player leaves the faction. This has nothing to do with muting soembody outside of your faction.
If you do not approve of their behaviour and the way it represents you then why have them in the faction?
People are often not thinking about what they do before they do it. Thus, they make mistakes. Instead of kicking people that made a mistake, you can mute them so that they learn from their mistakes.

I don't think the mutes are a good idea at all. That is why we have staff. If someone was to disagree with their leader on something, the leader could just mute them. That would be highly abused.

Before the chat updates, it was actually possible to mute faction members in Faction chat by putting a % in their title. I actually used to do this. But it was only limited to faction chat, which i am fine with.

Before the chat updates, it was actually possible to mute faction members in Faction chat by putting a % in their title. I actually used to do this. But it was only limited to faction chat, which i am fine with.
Well... You probably could've tried muting everyone in your faction by putting a % at the end of your faction.

Hows about this... the mute lasts 1 hour max, and is only for faction and ally chat. That way you can ensure peace and quiet in the faction without interfering with trade, global, and help chats.

EDIT: Makes RP sense as well - how is a faction leader supposed to shut idiots up completely? Just where the leader is sure to hear, that's where the idiots will be quiet.

We will not implement an in house faction mute feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.