Emilia De Santigo

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Goldifish, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Goldifish

Goldifish texan (derogatory)

Page-divider.gif

Basic Information

Full Name: Emilia Reyes, sometimes called Emi by close friends and siblings.

Race: Ailor - Lusitsian.

Main Ambition: To serve as a protector of the city and defender of the people she has come to love. She aims to achieve this through employment within a charter of the city guard, seeking to establish herself as a capable and loyal Tenpenny soldier. Achieved!

Page Divider 6.png

Skill Information

School: School of Tenpenny.

Level: Warrior.

Source: Attended School of Tenpenny by working up the money with her mother.

Page Divider 6.png

Visual Information

Eye Color: Green.

Hair Color: Black.

Hair Style: Simply down. She's got a short cut of hair, obviously cut by a blind monkey with scissors. Aka, her mom.

Skin Color: Tanned.

Clothing: A poor looking dress, with many stains on it from daily wear and tear. She also wears the typical armor when on duty for the Guard.

Height: 5’5.

Body Build: Sinewy.

Weapon of Choice: She likes to use a short sword and a shield.

Page Divider 6.png

Personality and Abilities

First Paragraph:
    Emilia has become quite a notable figure around Regalia. She is regarded as their 'Fellow Friendly Neighborhood Guardsman' from kind strangers, and often shunned by the strangers whose job depends on not getting caught by her. She is almost always in armor, patrolling the streets. At first glance, she is just another man of the law. If the stranger dared to learn a little more about her, they would find a wealth of personality hidden beneath all that armor. Emilia is quite open now to people; She's overcome many of her anxieties when it comes to being social. She no longer hides behind a wall, and in fact, eagerly tries to make friends. She finds that the more people she knows, the less awkward she feels.

Second Paragraph:
    Emilia doesn't have any shortage of anxieties. Inside, she is a mess. Her calm demeanor may shine brightly on the outside, but she deals with many situations internally. She struggles with feeling useless, regardless of how many patrols she takes or how many thieves she can catch. It may be because Emilia doesn't always receive a lot of praise for her work, or because her family doesn't quite like her new job. Due to her family's position in the Inquisition Scandal, Emilia was blamed by her brother, Marcelo, for it all. It really took a blow to her confidence, and is afraid of being beat up by her fellow former Wardens. They have already done such a thing to her friend, and she knows about their attitude towards her.

Third Paragraph:

Emilia is unsure of her family, at this very moment in time. A few family members haven't treated her well recently, and had impacted her rash decision of leaving the Inquisition. Emilia is much better with her friends. She feels at ease being around them, and doesn't feel as threatened to be plain ol' Emi around them. She isn’t afraid of getting drunk or being quiet and timid. Her friends help her out from time to time. She is on edge around strangers, and doesn't reveal herself too much around them.

Fourth Paragraph:

Emilia is a lawful good, as she only wants what’s best for the people. She abides by all good morals and tends to force them on others. She is a just person. She sees people who do bad things as ‘no-good-worthless-sacks-of-filth’, and irredeemable by any other means aside from punishment.

Fifth Paragraph:

Emilia is a Devout Unionist. She believes that everyone is equal to the Spirit, and actively tries to convert all non-believers. Peacefully or not. She finds a difference between nobles and commoners odd, and is often found talking to them. She is still very much like a commoner herself.

Page Divider 6.png

Talents

• Tenpenny Warrior- Due to Emilia’s training in the School of Tenpenny, Emilia is a step above most common citizens. She up-keeps her strength and loves a good spar with someone. She devotes most of her time to this, and it does hinder her social life. She rather fight instead of socialize, anyways. She specializes with a short sword and shield combo, a feat most ordinary people don’t have.

Weaknesses

• Uninspiring- Aside from her work, Emilia is rather boring. She doesn’t have any rich history, any interesting hobbies, or any funny jokes to lighten the mood. She can’t, for the life of her, find anything interesting about herself to talk about. She always has to direct the conversation to someone else’s life! It keeps her from making small talk into conversation. When it comes to opinions, Emilia blends in with the crowd. She’d keep her own true ones to herself, and follow with what the other person is saying.
    • Migraines- Be wary. Emilia suffers from migraines way too often. They tend to strike when she's been worked thoroughly, or she's read too much. It is a bunch of random triggers that send her into crippling pain. She usually has to be treated for it by medicine before she can continue on. It actually always happens after any sort of combat she engages in, and makes her head feel like it's splitting open. She has received one too many hits to the head, and this is the result. (Roll 20 for severity. 1 is horrible, 20 is fine.)
    Page Divider 6.png

Life Story

Emilia was born in 286 AC to a single mother. Her father was Alvaro de Santigo, a Count. Her own mother had a drunken one-night stand with Alvaro, and Emilia was the result. Her mother was very open to Emilia about her father, and Emilia hopes to meet him by working hard in the guard force.

She led a rather mundane life, helping her mother earn money by cleaning houses and baking. She mostly did these jobs with her mother, until she was older. It was in 300 AC when Emilia took interest in becoming a guard. After cleaning the house for a tenant, she was sent to pick up some bread for him. On her way, a threatening man blocked her path to the market. He grabbed the fourteen year old Emilia and led her to an alley way. He took her money with ease, and cackled as if it amused him. He bared his fangs, and went to strike at her. Emilia let out a scream, and by some miracle, a guard appeared. He took out the sanguine, and retrieved the money that had been stolen.

This was enough encouragement for Emilia to take initiative and learn to defend herself. She began to exercise outside of her jobs, and she talked her mother into saving a little money for her to learn at the School of Tenpenny.

In 305 AC, Emilia is still enrolled in the School of Tenpenny. She hopes to join the guard and protect other citizens from outlaws and enemies, both abroad and at home. She had joined the Ivory Wardens, and hoped to rise through their ranks to better protect Regalia and Unionism. Instead, she quit, and joined the Guardsmen as previously planned.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #1 Goldifish, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  2. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

I am claiming this character application for staff review!
    Expect a response within 48 hours.

3. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

@Aurumuld
    ☼ Staff Review! ☼
    Hello, my name is Eccetra and I’ll be reviewing your app today.​
    • What distinction is there, if any, between how Emilia sees her friends and her family? Who does she trust more for example? Who does she enjoy being around the most? Add a bit of detail on this to the third personality paragraph!
      -
    • Aside from that one point, that's all I can pick out on! If you wanted to develop the character a bit more, I would consider adding a bit more detail to her life story to describe what she's done other than fighting. But this isn't mandatory if you wish to discover it in roleplay.
    Please mark your changes in green and tag me when you’re finished!

4. Goldifish

@Eccetra Finished. And, eh. I need to rp with her more to give her a more interesting past.

5. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

@Aurumuld
    That works! With that, I am happy to mark Emilia..

☼ Approved! ☼

6. Goldifish

@Eccetra I'm currently doing a complete rehaul on Emi's personality. (YAY CHARACTER DEVELOPEMENT)

Changes were completed in pink.

#6 Goldifish, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  7. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

@Aurumuld
    Looks good to me! Just as a quick reminder though, we have a new "Needs Re-Review" tag that you can use when an application needs another look over, but hasn't necessarily received a huge rehaul. Nevertheless...

☼ Re-Approved! ☼

8. Goldifish

Changes have been made. Emilia has achieved her life goal, and I will be doing a major reworking on her personality asap. The new edits that need to be reviewed are in blue.

EDIT: The personality update has come. It is marked in the same blue.

#8 Goldifish, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  9. Goldifish

10. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

@Goldifish
    Hello! I'm so sorry about the delay, this must have gotten lost in my notifications. Remember that you're always welcome to bump threads if a week goes by without any response!

☼ Staff Re-Review! ☼
    Hello, my name is Eccetra and I’ll be reviewing your app today.​
    • Who is "plain old Emi"? Is she warm and social, or is it her hidden insecurities that shine through? Expand upon this slightly in the third personality paragraph. Aside from this one bit, the rest of your personality paragraphs are excellently detailed!
      -
    • I would recommend changing the talent title from "Fighting" to "Tenpenny Warrior" just to make it clearer upon first glance! You are also welcome to add more strengths if you wish.
    Tag me when these two little edits are completed!

11. Goldifish

12. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

@golidfish
    Great job!

☼ Approved! ☼

13. Goldifish

hehe that never gets old