Eldrich Von Drachenburg

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by FireFan96, Aug 14, 2016.

1. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

[​IMG]
    Life Story
    [​IMG]
    Eldrich Reinhard Sigismund Henriche was born on April 29th, 279 AC to his father, Hereditary Margrave Dietrich von Drachenburg and his mother Regine. His grandfather was Margrave Reinhard II of Drachenburg-Büchner, who was also an Admiral in the Regalian Navy. Much like other first born sons of the family, Eldrich was prepared to one day succeed his father as the next head of the family.

Growing up in Drachenburg Castle proved to be rather strenuous, owing largely to the house rivalries that had flared up since the Drachenwald Crisis several years before Eldrich's birth. His grandfather and father both took time to serve as Regalian Senators on and off during the Pessimism, which left a bit of a void in the young Drachenburg's childhood. Yes despite this, the birth of his younger siblings gave the boy something to do as a youth, acting as the boss of everyone.

While initially Eldrich was planned to become a member of the Regalian Navy, the child took a keen interest in his uncle Harald's Viridian Knighthood, which normally mean he would follow in kind. However, both Reinhard and Dietrich were hesitant of sending the second heir to pursue work as a knight, and so ultimately decided that if the boy was to learn horsemanship, he would do so the New Regalian way. And so it was decided that Eldrich would enroll in the School of Drixon when he became eligible. The rest of his growing up was relatively uneventful, as the Chrysant War was waged during this time. Unfortunately, Eldrich would be in the Drachenburg Castle after the war's conclusion, and would hear the assassination of his grandfather from his room. Barred from entering the scene, he would ultimately go on to have a personal hatred from the Slizzar Race, much like others in the family.

At the age of 14 Eldrich was send to the Drixon School of Calemberg to begin his studies as a Drixon recruit. Eldrich would continue the next three years of his education, before he enrolled in the Calemberg Ordner School to study officer command. After graduation, he would return home in order to be granted the honorific title of Hereditary Margrave by his father, signifying the start of his time as heir-apparent. However, Eldrich would rarely look over the city he was gifted, and instead enrolled into the Regalian Statesman Academy to learn proper administrative duties. After graduating, he would head to the City of Regalia, where he joined the City Guard, then under the organization of the Bluesteel Order.

Rising in the guard ranks quickly, Eldrich eventually resigned from the Bluesteel and went back to Büchner, the familial residence of the heir apparent, starting to manage feudal affairs with the guidance of the Drachenburg Elder Council. He would continue doing this until the early months of 307 AC, which saw the Barony of Alexanderburgh annexed by the Drachenburgs for a short while. Eldrich was immediately sent to maintain the barony's section of Hadrian's Wall, which he maintained until it was turned into a Mountain Range.

In recent times, Eldrich married Rianne Typhonus in an arrangement between both of their fathers to further the political bonds between the two dominate New Regalian houses in the capital. Together, the two have produced twins Marianne and Wulfric, the first of the next generation of Drachenburgs. While spending time with the newborns for the past few months, Rianne has since recovered from childbirth, and has frequently made trips back to Calemberg to oversee command of her private regiment, the Hexenjägers. Eldrich meanwhile has been serving with the Drachenwald Riders under his father, though recent times has seen him travel back to Regalia to join the Violet Order, and hopes to create his own chapter in the Drachenburg Chronicle.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    #1 FireFan96, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  2. Jack_Castle

Jack_Castle Rage, RAGE Against the Dying of the Light. Supremium

download (1).jpg

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. TutiDias

TutiDias General Vladislav Marknid

Hello @FireFan96

Just a friendly thing i noticed,

I am just going to say something i noticed, spicy food and siblings looks like... Cop-out. Plus, you need a combat weakness which always affects him while he fights. And as you said "Nothing has happened yet, and hopefully never will" a weakness always affects you, it needs to be played frequently, or else it is not a weakness because it never affects him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FireFan96

I removed siblings on the basis that he left to the Viridian Castle before either of them were born, and so the love he has for his siblings would probably be as strong as the love between him and his father, which is hardly love and just mutual respect. To furthur make it apparent that the family is Alt-Regalian, I decided to pass down Dietrich's poor vision, and then make it slightly more powerful with Eldrich. I think combat wise this would prove to be a very exploitable weakness that he'd have to constantly watch out for, especially as fatigue catches on.

I decided to keep the spicy food weakness. While granted it would not become apparent unless Eldrich was offered foreign foods, the end result of that would severely cripple him for a few days. I have a similar weakness on Dietrich, and while I'll admit I've been subpar at best at bringing it out in RP via emoting, there have been a few instances where he refuses what many would consider normal food to eat. An argument would be the cultural mindset of Alt-Regalians keeps this weakness in check, yet that same pride and honor could easily bring it out if for example he was at a high profile banquet and that was everything that was available.

Hopefully these changes look good for you @TutiDias

• Like Like x 1
  5. LumosJared

LumosJared Around

6. FireFan96

woo, my personal staff reviewer : )

7. TyrolleanEagle

TyrolleanEagle Grand Elder of Calemberg

8. TyrolleanEagle

@FireFan96 Review complete.

While intolerance to spicy foods is certainly realistic (I would know), I don't quite think it belongs in the character sheet as one of Eldrich's chief weaknesses, as I don't believe you'll actively encounter spicy foods in roleplay. Weaknesses should stem from major things that you can encounter commonly that may hinder your character. While you can leave spicy foods if you wish, I suggest you add another that will fit my given parameters.

Otherwise, this application is thorough and well written. Tag me when you have completed my edits.

9. FireFan96

I added in an unwillingness to compromise, as his lifestyle should see that pop up more often in RP. While this technically makes it 4 weaknesses to 3 strengths, the weak stomach is somewhat niche that the two categories should balance each other out. Though if you wanted me to move the spicy intolerance to a quirk, I could do that as well.

@TyrolleanEagle

10. TyrolleanEagle

Whatever you decide to do there should be fine. Either way, approved. Good work.

11. FireFan96

@TyrolleanEagle put the app in the new form and updated it accordingly. The largest changes are the personality and abilities as well as the life story. If there is anything I missed let me know.

12. Valentinian

Valentinian Have a little faith.

Claimed for re-review.

13. Valentinian

In response to recent changes -
    • Youthful isn't a talent. I see what you're going for but it's somewhat inherent to the character when you have a relatively young age that he reaps the benefits of such.
    Mark this change in red and tag me when you're done.

14. FireFan96

@Valentinian I just flat out deleted the talent from the app, so there's no color change available to it. The way the template looks, 3 talents is a maximum without a weakness, but there's no set minimum. I'm content at leaving it with 2 for now, but up to you if I should add another talent.

15. Valentinian

Approved.

16. FireFan96

forgot to add the player quest Eldrich had to secure a Painted Lancierron. change is made in blue, but I don't see the necessity of a re-review at this time.

17. FireFan96

@Valentinian I decided to update Eldrich's app by tweaking a few things that had developed in RP. I bumped his build to masculine to fit better with the Viridian combat school, while changing a few other parts of the app to reflect how I've been portraying him in RP. Requesting a quick re-review to see if everything makes sense, or if I need to change some things to make it better.

18. Valentinian

Claimed for re-review.

19. Valentinian

20. FireFan96

@Staff Roleplay I made a lot of changes with the app and would like a re-review of the entire thing. I added a few optional tidbits as well, but didn't place them in spoilers since it makes the app sorta ugly imo.

the largest change was adding in the statesmanship school and changing some bits in the life story accordingly.

21. LekkuLord

LekkuLord SupremeCripple Staff Member Lore2

22. LekkuLord

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. FireFan96

Going for re-review given proficiency changes. Tagging @SupremeCripple since last reviewer

24. LekkuLord

25. FireFan96

@SupremeCripple I think I did the points right. The whole lose 10 gain 30 was throwing me off, and the bonues honor bound thing made me forget the 10 additional points

Keeping culture points mediocre on purpose

26. LekkuLord

We're both learning, haha. Re-approved! @FireFan96

27. FireFan96

@SupremeCripple I added brewing as a cultural proficiency since it got added, and tagged on the +5 General Command and Sculpting, reflecting Eldrich's familial culture as well as his adoption of Imperial Culture following the Viridian Restructure of 305 AC.

Left it approved since I found the changes minor, but letting you know that they did change.

28. FireFan96

bumped up an age since birthday is this week and wanted to add the proficiency point into horse riding.

29. FireFan96

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  30. FireFan96

@SupremeCripple I decided to change Eldrich to Drixon following changes to the Viridian School and now titleholders cannot be knights. Take your time reviewing this, as I did the changes mostly to have the app "just in case."

31. LekkuLord

@FireFan96

For personality and abilities:
    Add one more sentence to the first paragraph to flesh it out.
    Add two more sentences to the second paragraph to flesh it out.
    Add one more sentence to the fourth paragraph to flesh it out.

This is to add a bit more bulk to the character app. :) Tag me when finished!

32. FireFan96

33. LekkuLord

34. FireFan96

@SupremeCripple updated the app to the new format. Everything before personality was changed with nothing else being done, since the character hasn't been played for a while.

35. Crineas

Crineas Carnation of Fristadvlom

36. Crineas

Crineas Carnation of Fristadvlom

Approved.

37. FireFan96

I suppose I'll tag @SupremeCripple since you were my last reviewer before Suicidium. Shuffled proficiency around and made a few cuts to the life story, adding the last bullet on where he has been outside Regalia.

38. FireFan96

Bump, but also to note that I aged him down a year (he was getting a bit too old for my preference) and redid the life story to be paragraphs instead of bullets.
    @SupremeCripple

39. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

re-approved but may want to correct this on a closing note!

40. FireFan96

fixed. Good catch.