Eddair Mac Conall

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Farly108, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Farly108

Farly108 Lanky Leg Extraordinaire

[​IMG]
    "One day I shall wither and depart, for a nice warm island to live my final days. But it is not this day, I have work yet to be done my son."
    [​IMG]
    Basic Information

Name: Eddair Mac Conall
    • Nicknames: Ed, Eddy, Oldman, Al’one
    • Titles: Baron of Circenhall - Baran na Circenhall
    • Birthday: January 20th
    • Starsign(Quirky!) Aquarius
    Race: Ailor
    • Lineage: Drahl
    • Major Culture: Highland Ceardian
    • Minor Culture: Erunian & Breizh
    Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Preferred Weapon: Saber & Army
    [​IMG]

Inventory Information
    A coin purse
    • Contains around 100 regals.
    Two twin intricate silver flasks with bronze engravings
    • The first of which depicts the Highlands of Clannadh-Alba and usually contains tea to be heated
    • The second of which depicts Circenhall and usually contains, Mac Conall Highlander whiskey
    A old bronze necklace/talisman that at its center holds a very large emerald
    • A gift from his mother Eddairs carries it with him to this day and intends to be buried with it. It holds massive sentimental value
    A golden band upon the left ring Finger.
    • His wedding band engraved with the name Edina, it is pure hold and rather valulable and sentimental
    A silver ring depicting a Gallovian Bear
    • A gift from merdoc slumberwood, although gifted with bad intentions he values the ring.
    A number of Cigars and a box of Matches
    • From Vixhall they are fine Cigars gifted to him by Julius Peirgarten
    A small ledger.
    • Containing basic finances for the house and retinue information.
    A intricate Cavalry Saber
    • Engraved with Picaron and Erunian markings and decorated with silver.
    [​IMG]
    Skill Information

General Command: 10 (5T + 5 Racial)

“My bread and butter I suppose, it is what I am best at. Years of study, but I still have more to learn.”

Statecraft Command: 10(5T + 5 Age)

“Ever since I was a boy I have learned. Since I became Patriarch I have worked tirelessly to understand matters of governance. Diplomatic ability is always good to have as well I suppose. And economic understanding is paramount.”

Siege Command: 7

“One needs to know how to properly lay siege to a city or castle, afterall dont want to leave enemies at your back.”

Perception Training:10 (5 +5Drahl)

“I may be old, but my eyes remain sharp as an arrow. And Arthur helps with that I suppose.”
    One Handed Blade Combat: 10
    “While I was once a fencer, I have found that a cavalry saber serves me much better now adays. Especially on horseback and with guard work.”

Fortification Arts: 10
    “Ever since that damned battle in Vlissinghelm, I have learned good fortifications are not only neciserry but imperative to saving my mens lives and victory itself.”
    Archaeology - 3
    Arken Knowledge

"I will prefer not to go into it."

Writing art:10H

“I do so love writing, one of the true joys of life if I do say so myself.”

Husbandry Arts: 10

“I have had arthur for so long, I think I do a pretty good job. Afterall a Generals horse is very very important.”

Body
    Body Stat = 15(10 one handed + 5 theatre)
    Body shape = Average
    Body fat = Moderate

Languages

Common
    “The language of my childhood and my present, what would I do without you. Not communicate I suppose, and that would be rather bothersome.”

Eriunnach
    “My mother may her old soul rest came from those Isles, I should visit them while I still have time. After all, I enjoy they’re culture. Writing in its a pain though”

Picaron
    “Picked her up while living in Kintyr, a fine language and one of my favorites to be honest. Just need to find others who speak it haha.”

[​IMG]
    Visual Information
    Eye Colour: deep blue
    Hair Colour: White
    Hairstyle: neat and cropped
    Skin Colour: pale
    Height: 5ft7
    [​IMG]

Personality

Happiness:

• Happiness is a large roaring fire in the heart of winter, curled up on the couch with a glass of whiskey or a mug of beer, reading a good book with the missus and the children. Its a warm cuppa with an old friend with some bickys and a chat. Its a ride through the countryside or a walk through the park with those you care for.
    Fear:
    • Fear is seeing the life drain from someone whose name you knew, someone whose voice you remember you can hear begging you to help. Fear is watching those you love and care for in danger. Fear is the idea of holding your child as they pass on. Fear is failure to stop the unimaginable from becoming reality.
    Stress:
    • Stress is a deep sigh and a drink tearing one's hair out with bags marking one's eyes. It's late nights without company or in company you would rather not keep. Its downing the bottle when you only meant for a glass. Its bone aching tiredness as you finally crawl into bed.
    Law & Authorities:
    • The thin line between society and barbarism, to be respected to say the least. But also to be watched and weighed. To be questioned and held accountable, to be modified and changed for the good of the many, and the betterment of the few.
    Other Races:
    • Where once lay distrust and dislike now is acceptance and even trust. Experience shapes everything and due to such opinions change. At the end of the day though they are not Ailor, they breath the same, drink the same, eat the same and love the same as you or I. If they prove themselves true and good, than why not interact.
    Arcane and Magical
    • I don’t pretend to know where to begin, however a distinct willingness and even want to know. Important to use where possible in order to not fall behind, a unwillingness to adapt and work with leads to complacency and ultimately failure.
    Family:
    • They mean the world, the everything, the most important thing in life is those you love and you love none more than your family. Though you may strife and fight at the end of the day blood runs far thicker than water. Home is were the heart is and heart lies within the children and the relations, hell hath no fury should they come to harm.
    Pride:
    • Eddair is proud of what he has accomplished, though he is never boastful and wouldn’t bring it up lest asked. He is proud more of his family and would boast of the familys or children's accomplishment to those he things would care to hear.
    Motivation:
    • One of the hardest things in life, something that is constantly chased. And when it is found it stays and pushes forward before once more escaping. And so the chase begins again over and over. Hard to get but brilliant once gotten, painful to lose yet oftentimes more so to chase. Perhaps the only true motivator is those around you and the environment, but who could tell.
    Insecurity:
    • While on the outside it's a humble chuckle and a, “I am far too old to be insecure.” He always questions himself, not on decisions he makes that only affect him. But on decisions that affect others lives? Especially those of the ones he cares for, they make him insecure as well as how he looks. Eddair allows his daughters and wife to manage his appearance as he trusts them, because he is insecure about his image.
    Biggest Fear:
    • The man has one overarching fear, he cares most for and fears loosing the most. His children, while he sometimes find it hard to relate to them he loves them with all his heart. He would give the world and more to them and should they come to danger he would burn with a fear based fury hotter than dragon fire.
    [​IMG]
    Alignment & Abilities

Character Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    “My son Eddair heh, the boy doesn't do anything he doesn't want too. Oh sure he follows the law and wants it enforced. But unless he is directly involved or has something to gain? Well he’s General wait and see in that regard.”

Personality Type - Campaigner
    “Of my son Eddair I can say much, he is a man of great ideas and hope. He holds nothing against anyone until they prove that they deserve it, be that for better or for worse. His motivation knows no bounds when it is going. My boy shall prosper.”

Religion - Unionism - 3/10
    “The boy knows the creeds, he believes in the spirit but there is something off. I just cant tell what.”

Old Fayth: - 3/10
    “My boy is pragmatic and smart, he believes in the spirit but also the old ones. While not the ones of my people its better than the fanatisism of just unionism. Tempered by the old ways so to speak.”

Racials
    Stalwart Companion
    “My faithful companion of some fifty years, Arthur is the finest bird around.”
    Birds Eye view
    “Arthur relays information to me none could know.”
    Swift Strike

“Be safe, but get a punch in old friend.”

Animals
    Ceardian Long Tooth - Arthur(Stalwart Companion)
    "I have had you since I was a boy Arthur, you are my finest companion."
    Ceardian Bloodhound - Darrius
    "Good boy Darrius, always my faithful Hound."
    Pure Black Calemberger - Heinrich - Prog Mount
    "The finest horse around in my own Personal Opinion."
    [​IMG]

Life Story

Eddair Mac Conall came into the world in his family's estate in Dundarne Clannadh Alba. The first born son to Arden Mac Conall and Saoirse Ni Lorcan ua Farlough, Eddair would be raised in a loving but strict home. At the age of 3 he would take in a Ceardian Long-Tooth, a bird of prey native to the region. This Ceridian Long-Tooth would become Eddairs lifelong companion Arthur. For his formative years Eddair has a relatively happy childhood, his mother showered him with love, affection and stories of her homeland. While his father would play with him and begin to personally tutor the lad in many things such as life and the Highlander culture.

Eddair would take much from this early tutelage from his parents, from his father he learned of the family business and economics. He learned of the great Highlander Culture more and more and grew to love his people. All the while his mother taught him to speak properly and how to influence people. She also taught him to care for animals and writing as well as acting. A young Eddair was known to write and perform for his immediate family with his siblings and mother. All this was until the age of ten.

At the age of ten Eddair would begin working for his father, assisting him and always studying, constantly moving forward. For four years Eddair would learn from all sorts of different people working for his family, learning to take care of animals from the stable and houndmaster, learning how to bake from the familys kitchen staff as well as his own mother and probably most importantly learning from his fathers accountants how to work with money. At the age of fourteen however Eddair’s life would take a turn as his father would send him to the School of Marshalry in Regalia.

Eddair was loath to leave his home in Clannadh-Alba however he was ever the dutiful son and as such he departed for Regalia. He was quickly accepted into the school of Marshalry where he would continue to read voraciously, It was during this time he would make one of his greatest friends a young Leutx man called Charles Le Bel. A fine friend he would bring Eddair to the art of fencing as well as teach him the art of Leutz fencing, as well as the art of saber combat. Eddair would carry these lessons and abilities with him for life as well as the insights he gained from them.

While at the Academy Eddair had developed a love of history, believing that history was the key to success. He would also learn more of the different cultures of the archipelago, first and foremost this fostered in him a sense of Highlander nationalism. Above all he wanted his people to go far, however he saw that despite their prominence there simply were not enough Highlanders to become a true powerhouse within the empire. Eddair would think long and hard on this problem and would carry it with him his whole life.

Eddair however would learn of other cultures as well developing a healthy respect to them, and saw many parts he liked about them. Some of which included Leutz and Breizh appreciation for knights which Eddair would soon develop. He also began to drift in line with certain aspects of New Regalian conservatism, developing his own Ideology of Highlander Conservatism. All this would form Eddair into the man he would become, and as he graduated from the Academy things would only go better for the man.

Eddair would serve in the regalian military during many conflicts including but not limited to the dread wars. Taking his first commands Eddair would go with the boldness of youth, and be handed both victory and defeat however costly they were. Gaining this experience defined Eddair as he saw the horrors and brutality of war. He would swear to be a good man above all, vowing not to sacrifice his men in vain. Each death he would personally write letters to the dead's family, proving his compassion and ensuring they were well taken care of.

Eddair would soon end his military service at the age of thirty seven as his father finally passed. Going home to Clannadh Alba he would take control of the family, once more using his studious nature to begin working tirelessly at the arts of Politics and Economics. Under his tenure as Patriarch new business ventures would be taken, some failed however some succeeded. With the help of his brother Eddair would establish his favourite of these enterprises. Mac Conall Whiskey.

During all this Eddair would settle down, finding a wife in Edina they would have an excellent relationship working hand in hand as one to further their growing family. Eddair would take it upon himself to educate all of his children, even sending his first two sons to the school of Marshalry so they could follow in his footsteps. The tea drinking father would continue to become even more quiet and reserved, developing a philosophy of speaking softly and carrying a big stick. He would instill this into his children, if you don't give your opponents much to work with after all they cannot defeat you.

Eddair would in his later years acquire a summer home in Kintyr, as Eddair chose to spend some years away from the business and life in the highlands he would move there with his family. Spending time amongst the people he so admired Eddair gained an affection for the land, the people and the language. They stayed there for some years however while their war would descend upon the islands, The wanton loss Eddair saw while men were thrown to the slaughter horrified him. It prompted the man to swift action as he put it. He would immediately return to regalia to find work in the conflicts of the day. Eddair would go on to fight in the War of the Fox and Hound, being dealt a stalemate at the hands of Hengest Harhold and Julius Peirgarten. After this stalemate Eddair fully realised the necessity of good fortifications and as such would begin studying once more.

Finally Eddair would ascend to the aristocracy and fight in the Sorenvick Vidugglan war. During which he would face off with Sir Ardige Viduggla, dealing him a defeat and capturing both him and Garth Viduggla. Ending the war swiftly Eddair would return to Regalia to continue building his family's influence, continuing as usual to devour books. He would always keep his policy of continued improvement and possibly will to death. Eddair would continue this meteoric rise gaining a seat upon the marshal cabinet and becoming a field General of the empire.

Serving in the Sendrass war Eddair would split his time between the front and the city, on the one hand fighting back the enemies of the empire and on the other navigating the fraught political waters of the Holy City. Thanks to his success Eddair would reach a pinacle achievement getting his family raised to the nobility and given the lands of Circenhall in Halvonth. Immediately the man would move the entire family there bringing they’re Highlander culture with them. He would begin to plan for the future and the decisions to be made in order to keep his family protected and prospering.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #1 Farly108, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  2. fantuinn

fantuinn most honest biped in athens Staff Member Lore2

Claimed for review.​

3. fantuinn

4. Farly108

@fantuinn
    changes made to profs to better reflect backstory and de aged

5. Farly108

@fantuinn
    Massive Character overhaul including a change of culture, backstory, age and proficinecy

6. Farly108

@fantuinn Your probably swamped but whenever you get around to it
    I completely overhauled essentially everything on the sheet especially the backstory which was completely rewritten and Eddair was aged up by 2 years so he can keep his old man aesthetic
    Good luck with the workload

#6 Farly108, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  7. fantuinn

8. Farly108

@fantuinn just a minor change to bring Writing to 10 and drop frontline command

9. Farly108

@fantuinn
    Massive big big sheet rework
    Lots added, proficiencies change just a tiny bit
    But the whole things been changed and the backstory been changed and expanded

10. fantuinn