Archived Economy Idea(brainstorm)

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Reaction score
Faction
Empire
Okay I have a shop in the market area in regalia and I find myself having many items that are just not worth to make a chest for. For example, a book with depthstrider 3, power 4 and eff 3(Not a real book I have) but in my opinion it would be easier to have a auction house plugin like most other various servers. It seems like doing manual auctions would take forever and if a plugin was implemented it would boost the economy and make things a lot easier. Also the plugin would keep multiple auctions from going on at once and confusing buyers/sellers. Just an idea and I would love to hear feedback :).

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
My history with auction plugins is that they're rather laggy, all though this might not be true in all cases. However, either way it's pretty simple to just auction items in trade chat without an additional plugin on an already laggy server.

In theory MassiveCraft could create, in Regalia, an Auction House where people could auction stuff off if they wanted, rather than a plugin. It'd be more realistic too, if they can make it secure so only the buyer gets the item.

In theory MassiveCraft could create, in Regalia, an Auction House where people could auction stuff off if they wanted, rather than a plugin. It'd be more realistic too, if they can make it secure so only the buyer gets the item.
This would be cool, would add to role play and make the economy more dynamic.

So there is a plugin. I believe it is called FloAuction. And on the server I have played it on, it isn't laggy. Unfortunately that server is much larger (can hold 5000 people) So I'm not entirely sure if it would be lagging on our server

But the plugin has everything you are looking for. So when a player does their auction, it is removed from their inventory. And once auction is over it is placed into the inventory of the person who won the auction (or dropped in front of them if their inventory is full) or if there were no bidders, it gets put back in the inventory of the auctioner. And a simple /bid command is used.

If the staff were to use this they would need to make it a channel so people can opt out of seeing all of the auction stuff because it is rather constant.

The one thing about this is that manual auctions are a part of massive, it sounds great, but an automatic auction is just gonna make people more lazy when auctioning, I mean how hard is it to walk to a more discreet location or type an auction message in trade chat. I personally love being able to write a custom message in trade chat about an item, because you polish it verbally and make people want to buy it and have it. a bot auction may not be the best idea. However if they ran together, I can see it going ok.

Herojipps

@GladiatorAnthony

The problem isn't the fact that we need a new plugin the problem is the item you are trying to sell has little to no worth. Either the item is too easy to make/obtain or it's just not something people use often enough for there to be a high demand.

I don't see a new plugin fixing this.

So would this plugin work with sets of armor and double-chests of stuff?

also, ive seen many auction house plugin servers, but there are trolls using it, selling things such as one dirt, then there is the coordinated trolls, multiple people queing up with one dirt block