Archived Easier Vampire

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enderborn1303

Endahkiin, it's his job to kill the Enderdragon
Reaction score
I wanted to become Vampire, but I was an orc, I thought my race was human and used an altar, but the was in the chat that because I'm a Orc I can't become Vamp, so I suggest a change that as you use THE ALTAR, that you always will become vamp!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I wanted to become Vampire, but I was an orc, I thought my race was human and used an altar, but the was in the chat that because I'm a Orc I can't become Vamp, so I suggest a change that as you use THE ALTAR, that you always will become vamp!
-_- No. That is terrible. It would cause so much non-lore compliancy.​

That wouldn't make sense from a role play standpoint. Since vampirism is a disease that only humans can have, it wouldn't make sense for an orc to become a vampire.

That isn't the idea, something like: "Are you sure you want to become Vampire?" and that you have to agree.

Moved to Feature & Idea Discussion.

We know, instead of a dead off "no" give more detail :P
Technically it is his right to reply how he wants.. He said no but he did add to it he could have have just said "no" by itself or "that is stupid" but he said it didn't have lore compliancy.. So it is an in a nutshell kind of answer.. But it is his right to reply how he wants.. so just leave him alone about it.

Technically it is his right to reply how he wants.. He said no but he did add to it he could have have just said "no" by itself or "that is stupid" but he said it didn't have lore compliancy.. So it is an in a nutshell kind of answer.. But it is his right to reply how he wants.. so just leave him alone about it.
This is a suggestion thread and I'm not going to start arguing with you on it.

Other than some serious lore-compliancy issues, this idea is... silly.
Would it change your race to human and then infect you, or just infect you no matter what race you are?
Either way, it's confusing and strange. Besides, you always have "/race be human" if you really, really, for some unfathomable, inexplicable reason, wanted to become a vampire.

Having a "yes or no" option is kinda pointless, I mean altars have a required recepe to use, so doing it on accident is kinda hard

Only the human race can become a vampire, period.
If I remember correctly, its because the vampiric disease was engineered to divide the human race.
No other race can become a vampire, regardless of altars or vampire blood

Perhaps it could automatically change your race to human, and then infect you? Just an idea...

@NetherSquid
Maybe, but surely then you could just use the standard command to do so anyway, so there's no point in Cay (or whoever else could code it) doing extra work for no real added utility.

For one, why does anyone want to be a vampire?
For two, can't you just wait a few days to become a human?

Vampires are never used in PvP situations because if you are hurt, you need someone to offer you blood so you can heal, and vampires burn in the sun.

Plus, you will be killed on the spot in Regalia.

For one, why does anyone want to be a vampire?
For two, can't you just wait a few days to become a human?

Vampires are never used in PvP situations because if you are hurt, you need someone to offer you blood so you can heal, and vampires burn in the sun.

Double jump, more useful in 1v1 than you might think. @Tom1804

It would only make sense if you were human rp, and Orc in races, but then again, servers can't detect your skins.

It would be easier to just become human then use the alter, and I'm sure Cay is really busy with traits magic and massivemobs, this low radar simple and overall unneeded thing needs not his attention and time, nor do the other low radar simple and overall unneeded things. That is all.

I hate vampires. That's it. They are terrible and this idea does not even conform to the lore.​
Vampires are terrible? Noob ones are but you obviously haven't Rped with one who can Rp. As for this idea. No. Not lore compliant and it opens to many doors for bad rp.

Let us not forget that there are already to much vampires. How to become one should be made harder instead of easyer. Also would this cause the problem of race hopping. And as people said, the lore would die.

If you are dedicated to playing a vampire role, then it's not as straight-forward as you think. I personally play a vampire on my alt because I enjoy playing a vampire. It adds a certain dramatic and unique aspect of roleplay.
No need to dismiss the idea of it.

In response to the idea I have to disagree. You've not put a lot of description upon it. To be clear, here, that is one of the 'positives' of races that aren't human, and to go forward with this idea, the entire race system would have to be re-done. Not to mention how illogical the idea is. How would it work if an orc was a vampire? An avarr? Thylan? Maiar?

This thread really makes me miss being a vampire. ;-;

On that note, I'd just encourage people to go /seen or /getpos on themselves before they try to get infected, even if they're certain. It could save so much trouble.

I find it amusing how the OP has replied a total of one time, and vanished from the forums completely. Perhaps he took everyones' advice and spent all this time studying the lore, realizing he was wrong, and writing a sincerely detailed apology for his rude behavior.

Or he just got angry and never came back.

Status
Not open for further replies.