Archived Dynamic Lights

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Theboomyfly

Holy Emperor of Belgistan
Reaction score
Hey people of MassiveCraft,
I was playing a different server (not going to say which) with a modpack. And this modpack added a mod by the name of Dynamic lights (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...namic-lights-portable-and-moving-lightsources). What it does is quite easy, you can run around with a torch in your hand and it lights up the area. You can do this with all kinds of blocks and entities, but for more information, you should see the mod page. I tested it out on MassiveCraft, and it works just as well as Optifine works!

I never heard of this mod before, so this started me thinking. Why doesn't MassiveCraft add this to their recommended mods (just like Optifine and More Player Models)? It could be very cool to be added to roleplay and such. Imagine, it is dark in Regalia, and guards are sent outside the borders to solve a Vampire problem. How could they do this without seeing where they are walking?

Well, please tell me what you all think of this idea/mod, since I'm sure to start using it on MassiveCraft (if it's allowed, ofcourse)!

Friendly greetings, Theboomyfly.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This seems amazing for the roleplay aspect, and it would probably look pretty good with shaders too. It's only visual so it doesn't affect actual light levels (for feed/heal etc), I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed. +1 from me!

The only problem I see with this is that it would require you to actually get the mod. MassiveCraft, from what I've seen others and certain staff say, wants to strictly stay "vanilla" in the sense that they don't want you to have to get a separate client to be able to play. Unless this could be added with a server side plugin, and people with the mod can use it, I unfortunately do not see this being implemented soon. I support this idea if it's actually feasible for the server to use it, however.

The only problem I see with this is that it would require you to actually get the mod. MassiveCraft, from what I've seen others and certain staff say, wants to strictly stay "vanilla" in the sense that they don't want you to have to get a separate client to be able to play. Unless this could be added with a server side plugin, and people with the mod can use it, I unfortunately do not see this being implemented soon. I support this idea if it's actually feasible for the server to use it, however.
if i am correct, it's a plugin that's purely client side that nothing changes to gameplay, it's just visuals, like mpm is

@Theboomyfly said he tested it and it's only client side, so that shouldn't be an issue. Like MPM, it should be encouraged to add to the atmosphere, but not required if you don't want to.

Hey people of MassiveCraft,
I was playing a different server (not going to say which) with a modpack. And this modpack added a mod by the name of Dynamic lights (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...namic-lights-portable-and-moving-lightsources). What it does is quite easy, you can run around with a torch in your hand and it lights up the area. You can do this with all kinds of blocks and entities, but for more information, you should see the mod page. I tested it out on MassiveCraft, and it works just as well as Optifine works!

I never heard of this mod before, so this started me thinking. Why doesn't MassiveCraft add this to their recommended mods (just like Optifine and More Player Models)? It could be very cool to be added to roleplay and such. Imagine, it is dark in Regalia, and guards are sent outside the borders to solve a Vampire problem. How could they do this without seeing where they are walking?

Well, please tell me what you all think of this idea/mod, since I'm sure to start using it on MassiveCraft (if it's allowed, ofcourse)!

Friendly greetings, Theboomyfly.
-Cough was already using this with Shaders and Optifine- But yeah, It's a lovely mod. Didn't see that it was updated for MC tho.