Drachenburg Chancellery Decree 7/1/308

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by FireFan96, Jul 2, 2020.

1. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

[​IMG]
    FROM THE DESK OF HIS HIGH EMINENCE
    THE LORD CHANCELLOR OF THE REGALIAN EMPIRE
    A PROCLAMATION
    Following the Imperial Assembly from this past weekend, there has been some discussions over the subjects of the arcane and aberrancy in general. During the assembly, several topics arose on the very nature of this discussion. Several proposals were made, two of which have become State Law. And yet there was a desire to do more than what the Assembly pushed forward, alongside comments in regards to the current status of the arcane in our society. It is based on these thoughts that the following decisions have been made, in order to guide the Empire down the path of future growth.

On the Subject of State Law: I have found it necessary to create a new subsection of State Laws, hereby known as the Arcane Laws. These laws have been taken from various sections of State Law, and re-categorized and expanded upon to provide the Regalian public with a greater understanding of how to deal with the supernatural.

The Current Arcane Laws are as follows:

1. To publicly utilize Magic save for those enlisted as Court Mages, is illegal.
    2. Noble Houses are permitted to employ up to two Court Mages.
    3. To subject oneself or another to the aberrations of Undeadism, Sanguinism, or Werebeastism is illegal.
    It should be noted that Arcane Law 3 has had the omission of the word 'willingly.' This weekend, the Assembly once again debated the concept of duress while infected by the Sanguine Curse. It has been argued that as this curse controls the mind, the victim of said curse cannot be held responsible for any actions taken while infected. While the Assembly's, and therefore the State's, current view has been to view the victims of this curse as under duress, this argument has the potential to lead to severe oversights which have not been fully considered. A Vampire charged with treason could be declared innocent due to being under duress from this curse, even if said treason led to the deaths of countless civilians of all classes. While it has been fortunate that such a case has never come before the Judiciary, the possibility of this reality has led me to modify the current law. For the sanctity of the State and those living under the Empire, the concept of duress whilst afflicted by the Sanguine Curse, and any other form of aberration listed above, is hereby declared inadmissible in a legal defense.

While it remains true that there are those who are victims of this curse, it is also true that the procedures for the City Guard have been to cure those afflicted, so that they may no longer be a danger to the public or themselves. Those who have been infected for the first time are released without issue after curing, under the belief that they will be more vigilant in the future to prevent such a fate once more. Only when there are repetitive offenses does the guard enact heavier punishments. As such, those who are victims shall be given the mercy of the cure to return to their livelihood, while those who choose to embrace the vile curse shall be judged as there heretic they are.

On the Subject of Arcane Offices: I have decided to create the office of Arcane Reichsrat Minister, to handle matters of the Occult on behalf of the state. The Minister's rights and duties are as follows:

• The right to investigate Occult events on the Crown Isle on behalf of the State
    • The right to safely secure Occult objects on behalf of the State
    • The right to keep a registry of all Occult Persona and Court Mages on the Crown Isle
    • The right to carry a weapon for ceremonial and self-defense scenarios
    Furthermore, I have granted his Lordship the Baron of Vlissignhelm the position of Arcane Reichsrat Minister. While many might raise concern over a staunch anti-aberrant as the head of this ministry, I believe his Lordship's past work in this field is a sufficient display of competency, to ensure that those Occult Persona who submit themselves to the State will be given the ability to exist, but also atone for their sin which we have chosen to not be a part of us.

The rulings of this proclamation hereby take the full effect of State Law

SIGNED AND STAMPED,
    His High Eminence Dietrich I by the Grace of the Spirit
    Lord Chancellor of the Regalian Empire
    March-Elector of the Drachenwald Lordship

• Powerful Powerful x 20
    • Winner Winner x 6
  2. mochha

mochha yolo Supremium

“HAH!”

• Powerful Powerful x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. MippyMoo

MippyMoo Resident Sad Corpse Man

“Oh, Spirit. Why did they not speak about undead more?”

A worried man straightens his glasses, trailing back to the Crookback Clinic for rest.

4. BeetrootSalad

BeetrootSalad the gremlin Supremium

Erwin glanced towards his sheathed blade, thoughts of a Vladno lingering on his mind. Perhaps they should meet once again...

(DM me or meet me in-game, fool.)

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #4 BeetrootSalad, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020