Drachenburg Chancellery Decree 10/7/308

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by FireFan96, Oct 8, 2020.

1. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

[​IMG]
    FROM THE DESK OF HIS HIGH EMINENCE
    THE LORD CHANCELLOR OF THE REGALIAN EMPIRE
    A PROCLAMATION

Following the Resignation of his High Grace the Prince-Elector of Rhôyere from the position of Arcane Minister, I have accepted and deliberated on a proper replacement for him. It is somewhat fitting that yesterday evening was the one year anniversary of His Imperial Holiness's Decree on the Magi. In this year, we have seen multiple changes on how to view the arcane and supernatural in the world. Some changes for the most part were of betterment of the Empire. Other changes went contrary to the will of the Imperial Spirit. And yet, though both progress and hindrances, both anticipated and unforeseen, the Empire continues to march along to a future that we direct.

It is this direction that is a skill required for the next Arcane Minister. For anyone is qualified to simply maintain current policy and regulations, as simply doing what is currently in place will simple maintain status quo. However, with such a change to the very core of the Empire, simply doing just enough is not sufficient. In total, there ten letters of interest sent to my desk for the position. Of those ten, five provided qualifications that were sought after in the Ministry. Of those five, two were considered to be the best options. And then, of those two, only one had previous experience creating the current Arcane Ministry as seen today. I believe that this individual, through their past contributions to the State in creating the first reforms of the Arcane Ministry, is therefore the most qualified to continue these reforms, and move the empire further with their own modifications to what was established.

However, while there can only be one Arcane Minister, the runner up displayed their own take on state matters, a take which cannot be easily dismissed due to the stipulations of office fulfillment. Rather, it is necessary for the State to take several outlooks, taking the benefits of them all in order to create a greater whole, that would otherwise be missing critical points of view. Is is with these points that the following changes take place effective immediately:

• On the Subject of Arcane Minister, her High Ladyship the Electress of Alaïon has been appointed to fill the vacancy. Having played a role in creating the Arcane Laws as written today, it is decided that she shall be the individual to move the ministry into its next chapter of existence.
    • On the Subject of Advisement, I have chosen to invite his Lordship the Viscount Baarlowe as an Advisor in the Chancellor's Advisory Council. It is my belief that his Lordship offers a political view that is currently absent in the government, and as such his counsel would be most welcomed in the central government.
    Furthermore, I wish to make the following comments on a few other matters:
    • On the Subject of the Landesgericht Inspector, I am current reviewing the position as stated in the Whip's prior decree. By the end of the week, it is my intention to make a decision regarding this office, whether that be to reform it, dissolve it, or incorporate it into another body.
    • On the Subject of Public Engagement, it is my current belief that the central government has grown too distant from the capital, and that having an ear to the ground and eyes on the street is just as significant to leadership as administrating the bureaucracy. Therefore, and noted in the Whip's decree as well, I intend to hold a so called "Chancellor's Audience" this coming Monday, the Twelfth of the Month. The objective of this Audience is to hold a semi-informal gathering in the capital, where citizens may approach the government to discuss the state of affairs in short conversation. Further details on such shall arrive in the coming days, alongside the tentative venue for this gathering.
    • On the Subject of the War Tax, I wish to applaud the various entities of the Archipelago for answering the Finance Minister's war tax increase. However, absent the current deal with House Kreiburg and the Finance Minister, there remains a single entity that is failing in their duty to the state, continuing to ignore the war tax while other houses contribute.
      • Ariramorel is hereby ordered to raise their taxation level to the war taxation level of 30% by the end of the week, or face punitive measures by the Regalian State. Furthermore, a letter of acknowledgement is requested by Ariramorel to the office of the Chancellor, Finance Minister, and Whip within this time frame, indicating their intent to comply to their duties to the State.
    I closing remarks, let us all remember to remain dutiful servants to the Regalian State, His Imperial Holiness, and the Great Way in these times. For it is our Empire that shall rise where no other nation has risen before, to radiant our Imperial splendor across Aloria.

The rulings of this decree take the full effect of State Law.

SIGNED AND STAMPED,
    His High Eminence Dietrich I by the Grace of the Spirit
    Lord Chancellor of the Regalian Empire
    Grand Duke of the Drachenwald
    Defender of Cadar's Legacy

[​IMG]
    OOC Notes
    • Vivana Avalorn has been appointed as Arcane Minister
    • Augustin Reinard has been invited to join the Chancellor's Advisory Council
    • The Landesgericht Inspector position is being looked at for potential changed
    • A "meet the Chancellor" event will be held next Monday at 7pm EDT. An event thread will be released before that date.
    • Ariramorel, pay your taxes

• Powerful Powerful x 15
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

"Taxes at their finest."

• Powerful Powerful x 2