Archived Different Chat Icons For Staff Departments

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

indyfan98

I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.
Reaction score
a crappy hole in the ground, Pennsylvania.
Faction
ProudhammerClan
So we all know the new chat system. I personally enjoy how it works quite a bit. It makes anyone who needs to stand out, well, stand out. However, one thing I am not too fond of is the singular staff symbol.

Back before this new system, each mod had their department and rank before their name. Nowadays, this has been replaced with a single symbol for all staff. When is comes to asking questions, I sometimes don't remember who is who. What staff member deal with what department. I know some staff and their department, but not other's. This leaves me to question the same two or three staff members whenever I have a question about their department. If those two or three staff members aren't on, I am left not knowing who to ask.

My suggestion is this: Each staff member should get a different icon beside their name depending on their department.

Here are some examples:

Lore: Book
Game: Game Controller
Tech: Computer
PR: A person's head
World: A globe

I do not know if these symbols are possible, but again, these are merely suggestions. Any other symbol would work. It would also make it easier for new members to know who to ask.

And yes, I do know that most staff are rounded in other departments as well, but often, if I have a question that the info isn't readily available, they may not know it.

Thank you, and have a very Massive day!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I personally feel that not everyone would understand the symbols, when of course they should be obvious, but we have to take into account the people that might not catch on to their meaning so quickly. That is why I think Game1/Game2/Game3 for example (the old system) is best. It specifies department and ranking.

I would love to see something like this implemented as it is now harder to see what kind of staff member you are encountering.

Another way to deal with this (without messing with the chat. Everyone hates when you do that).
When doing /seen on a staff member you can see their department(s).
The same when using /modlist
Until this is added, use the website. You can easily see a whole department there.

(I know I'm going to get hated for this but) It Might Hurt your pride a tiny bit, But it won't kill you to ask staff in-game on their rank if you're too lazy or don't have the time to check on the forums.

Oh, how I would adore having a flower by my name at all times...

It's a good idea but I don't think it will happen soon.

I think that (staff symbol) Lore 1 (name) would be better instead of having multiple icons. The idea that each type of staff position gets their own icon would add more confusing to the chat system, and just appending their position before their name would do just as fine, like what Alj23 said.