De Azcoissia Chancellery Decree 01: Intent And Change

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Birdsfoot_Violet, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Birdsfoot_Violet

Birdsfoot_Violet tacit and refined evil Staff Member Lore3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    FROM THE DESK OF HER HIGH EMINENCE
    THE LORD CHANCELLOR OF THE REGALIAN EMPIRE
    22nd of April, 309 AC
    A Pre-Amble:

I am keenly aware that the title and stationary of this Decree may come as a surprise to some citizens of the Empire. Indeed, attendance to the Assemblies of the Nobility is mandatory only for those of us amongst the Peerage, and for those citizens who must tend to their homes, their occupations, and their families: attendance is not often an option. It is for that reason, I begin this decree with an explanation. I have taken upon myself, voted in by the Honorable members of the Peerage, after a vote of No-Confidence against the esteemed Duke Augustin Reinard, the mantle of Lord Chancellor. Via the decree of the Imperial Prince Regent Raymond Kade, the Chancellery vote was done immediately on this day, without proclamations of elections or campaigning as the prior election was.

I do not accept this duty lightly. For the state of our Empire requires awareness of all, and action of the Government and Nobility. It is by the graceful and ever word of His Imperial Holiness and the guiding decree of the Spirit, that I find one of the guiding policies for my Chancellery: “No Lands left Behind.” A unified Government and a Unified Empire. It is for this reason that the following decree will focus upon re-structuring of the Government and Ministries, with an immediate plan of action towards the incidents in the Empire’s Suzerian States.
    ~~~​

On the Matter of the Advisory Cabinet:
    I thank those who have served the prior Lord Chancellor for their service, and will be extending offers to those amongst them and others in the coming days. In addition, I will be hosting open meeting hours wherein any residents of Regalia may propose themselves as a member of the Cabinet. The final listing will be announced in my second decree.

On the Matter of the Chancellor's Contingent:

For the time being, I intend to use the ever-vigilant aid of the Violet Order to see to my defense during public meetings and outings. However, I wish to establish a Contingent, and am thus seeking applicants for the Commander of such. Only the following should apply:
    • Applicants should be First or Second rank Citizens
    • Applicants should be willing to shed any current roles in Mercenary Companies, House Guards, Militias, or other similar groupings (excluding Violet Order Guards) should they be accepted.
    • Applicants should be capable of guarding long into the night, at any hour should they be called upon.
    • Applicants should show only the utmost professionalism and respect.

On the Matter of Governmental Restructuring:

To cut down on Administrative overhead, and encourage unity between the Government-- the following changes go into effect, immediately.

• The dissolution of all Departments, Agencies, Committees, and Commissions, save for the following, which remain in-tact:
      • The Belliard Representative, held by Duke Deitrich von Drachenburg.
      • The Office of the Reeves, held by Baron Carl von Bispingen.
      • The Undercity Representative, held by Grand Duchess Valarosta Ino-Femunn.
      • The rights of these offices have not changed. The Armament Commissioner, Occult Commissioner, Lifeguard Commissioner, and Mercenary Commissioner have all been dissolved, and moved into the following Ministries.
    Ministry of Finances
    • The Rights and Duties of the Finance Ministry remain unchanged.
    Ministerial Position: Vacant

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
    The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is re-instated, with the following rights:
    • The right to create and send diplomatic missions on behalf of the Regalian State, provided they have funding from the government
    • The right to negotiate with foreign nations on behalf of the Regalian State
    • The right to appoint Ambassadors within the Ministry to send on diplomatic missions
    • The right to carry a weapon for ceremonial and self-defense scenarios
    • The right to create ad hoc committees focused on a specific diplomatic mission
    Ministerial Position: Grand Duke Markus Delmotte

Ministry of Alms
    The Rights and Duties of the Alms Ministry now includes the following, in addition to its prior rights:
    • The right to appoint and remove at will a “Citizenship Executive.”
      • The Citizenship Executive alone has the following Rights:
        • To assign the status of “Meritorious” or “Unmeritorious” citizens, maintaining a public registrar of such for use by State and Nobility.
        • To access Violet Order records for investigations.
        • To bring forth, to vote in Assembly, provisionally raising the Civil Status of Meritorious individuals.
    • The right to appoint and remove at will a “Commoner Executive.”
      • The Commoner Executive alone has the following Rights:
        • The right to host “Commoner’s Assemblies” wherein citizens may proclaim concerns and needs
        • The right to report information brought forth during Commoner’s Assemblies to the Lord Chancellor
    The following Rights of the Alms Ministry have been adjusted:
    • “The Right to petition the Finance Ministry for use of Regalian Improvement Fund, not beholden to assembly vote. If the Finance Ministry agrees, the fund is used. If the Finance Ministry disagrees, then an Assembly vote is held. A vote is also required for any amount over X amount of regals (like 50+k). This coin can be used by any of the Ministries under their authority but does not ever leave the Improvement Fund until it is spent.” No longer exists.
    Ministerial Position: Grand Duchess Sivrid Sorenvik
    Ministry of Defense
    The Rights and Duties of the Ministry of Defense are greatly expanded.

The following Rights are added:
    • The right to dictate the forced conscription of soldiers within the Regalian Archipelago during time of war.
    • The right to dictate the allocation of troops, ships, and additional logistics to the Regalian Military during time of war.
    • The right to appoint and remove at will an “Armament Executive”
      • The Armament Executive alone has the following rights:
        • The Right to maintain and manage a registry of approved State Weapon permits on the Crown Isle.
    • The right to appoint and remove at will a “Lifeguard Executive”
      • The Lifeguard Executive alone has the following rights:
        • The Right to maintain and manage a registry of Official Noble House Guards on the Crown Isle.
    • The right to appoint and remove at will a “Mercenary Executive”
      • The Mercenary Executive alone has the following rights:
        • The Right to maintain and manage a registry of Official Mercenaries on the Crown Isle.
    The following Rights of the Defense Ministry have been adjusted:
    • “The Right to handle State Intelligence through an appointed Logistics Minister and their three "Speakers".” Is now: The Right to handle State Intelligence through their three "Speakers.”
    Ministerial Position: Duke Jared Bancroft

Ministry of the Occult
    The Rights and Duties of the Occult Ministry are unchanged. The Chancellery thanks Duke Leufred du Triege for his service as Occult Minister, and thus relieves him of his duties.

Ministerial Position: Vacant -- Accepting Applications

Ministry of the Whip
    The Ministry of the Whip has been reinstated, with the following Rights and Duties:
    • The right to call, at will, a meeting of all Ministers and the Lord Chancellor to discuss Government Affairs.
    • The right to oversee weekly meetings of all Ministers and the Lord Chancellor
    • The right to enforce bi-weekly reports of Ministerial activity to the Lord Chancellor
    • The right to attend any Ministerial meeting , to ensure proper protocol
    Ministerial Position: Vacant -- Accepting Applications

Ministry of Academia
    The Ministry of Academia, prior the Scholar Ministry, exists with the following Rights and Duties:
    • The right to choose in what manners the State focuses research.
    • The right to commission scholars and resources to advance said research.
    • The right to mount official investigations into scholarly matters abroad.
    • The right to maintain and manage a registrar of all Scholarly Guilds within the Crown Isle.
    • The right to grant research rights to Scholarly Guilds within the Crown Isle, providing those Research rights do not breach Regalian Law or good sensibilities.
    Ministerial Position: Duchess Haeddi Van Hal

The Lord Chancellor assumes all prior Commissioners will continue their roles as Executives, unless the Ministers announce and decide otherwise.

On the Matter of the Noble Assembly:

The following has been codified into Assembly Etiquette and Structure:

• When the Lord Chancellor designates an individual as having the floor, and speaking their proposal, none bar the Lord Chancellor may interject during this time. Counter-Proposals, cries of support, or of objection may only be stated after the proposer has indicated their completion.

It is in the interest of this Chancellery that the Assembly is run with efficiency and respect, and is not bogged down in repetitive discussion.

On the Matter of the generous donation of livestock by the Songaskian Masaya:

The State and Chancellery extends its deepest gratitude to the Massya Musamansa Koné, for his, and his people’s donation to the people of the Empire. It is for this reason that I believe this gesture of compassion and generosity for the Empire’s most unfortunate should go to them directly. In this time, famine and blight has overtaken the province of Shattel, with starvation spreading quickly. To aid these, I have directed that these livestock should be used to assist in feeding them as appropriately as it can be used, with considerations towards the number of cattle and the population of Shattel.

On the Matter of meetings with the Lord Chancellor:

Her High Eminence will announce times in the coming day wherein she will be open to appointments, on a first come, first serve basis with Nobility receiving priority. On the evening of the 24th, a meeting of all Ministers will be called together with Her High Eminence, to determine policy and action to be taken within the week. This meeting will repeat, weekly, and Ministers should prepare individuals within their Ministry to attend in their stead should they be unable to.

THE RULINGS OF THIS DECREE TAKE THE FULL EFFECT OF STATE LAW.
    SIGNED AND STAMPED,
    Her High Eminence Madelyn de Azcoissia, by the Grace of the Spirit
    Lord Chancellor of the Regalian Empire
    Archduchess of Alemandralejo, Azuvela, and Ravolta
    Duchess-Consort of Adridia

[​IMG]

OOC Notes & Clarifications
    • A surprise change in management.
    • I will be updating all of these changes to the Regalian Law page on the Wiki soon, which was unfortunately very out of date!
    • I will be taking meetings ICly, tomorrow, starting probably around 4~ PM CST. I'll announce when I'm doing so in RP com. Please don't send me a message on Discord until after that point. Also, I abhor letter RP. Unless it's completely impossible, I much, much prefer meeting ICly to discuss something. If you absolutely must send me a letter, please do so on the forums!
    • This decree is mostly comprised of changes to the government structure, trying to stream-line it and make it so there aren't so many extraneous ministries, commissioners, and otherwise who are all on their own. The point of the government, I feel, is to work and RP together. So I have tried to make a structure that I hope will facilitate such.
    • I'm sure I made some spelling/grammar errors that I didn't notice in my first read through. Cheers!

• Winner Winner x 19
    • Powerful Powerful x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    #1 Birdsfoot_Violet, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  2. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

“This gives us a little hope the Goverment won’t be a dumpster fire. Perhaps we might survive yet,” notes the Wylthars