Shelved Character Darak Bolvus Abansaddi

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by JamiJam017, Jul 4, 2016.

1. JamiJam017

JamiJam017

| Darak Bolvus Abansaddi |

[​IMG]

═══════════════════════════════════

| Character Information |
    Name | Darak Bolvus Abansaddi
    Age | 60
    Gender | Male
    Race | Eronidas | Polon, Military General Class
    Preferred Weapon | Fists + Shield

| Core Concept|

Beliefs |
    Darak's belief stems heavily from The Call of Vakgar and Makosh, embodying the civil disciplines of life. Honesty, Honor, Obedience to ones better, were only a few traits he embodied from this belief. However, as of late his nephew has begun to talk about the mission of Qaarn in advancing the world with knowledge.​

Caracter Concept |
    Darak is a general with a lot of experience, seeking to strengthen the Eronidas population that is within Regalia and the military as he always has. Years ago, his mission was first to get them accepted into the higher rankings, which worked for a time as he became the first Eronidas to ever join the Vigilant Shield and Brute Squad under William Howlester.

| Proficiency Information |

{Strength: 9} (2 free)
    -Unarmed Pack
    -Blades Pack
    -Large Blades Pack
    -Thin Blades Pack
    -Blunt Pack
    -Flexible Weapons Pack
    -Improvised Weapons Pack

{Constitution: 5} (1 free)
    -Light Shielding Pack
    -Heavy Shielding Pack
    -Multi Shielding Pack
    -Physique Pack (Free, granted by Special)
    -Bruteforce Pack

{Wisdom: 0}

{Dexterity: 0}

{Magic: 0}

{Charisma: 3}
    -State General Pack
    -State Commander Pack
    -West Linguist Pack

| Ability Information |

Summon Wall

Altered Power

Physical Prowess

Lyceum Debate

Gymnasium Training

Makosh's Shamans

Eronidas Organs​

| Languages |

Vasar | Fluent, Mother Tongue
    Common | Fluent

[​IMG]

| Appearance Information |

Appearance |
    Darak is a seven foot Eronidas with the Strongman build with built body fat. While he is usually seen wearing black clothing that fit what Eronidas usually wear.
    Darak has a Tattoo on his shoulder. This tattoo would be known as the crest of the Polon that he resided within.
    Visual Information |
    Daraks Voice is quite deep and very raspy, which matches his overbrearing size. It can sometimes be taken as an aggressive voice or commanding, but this is just due to how he talks.
    Daraks hair is naturally curly, but he never liked this so he has always tried to shave most of his hair on his head to keep in clean. He kept the beard and shaped it more to suit the structure of his face.

[​IMG]

| Life Story |

Childhood |
    Darak was born on December 24th, 264 AC in the Polon of Nerit that can be found in the lands of Merredweg. Darak's family resided on the third level of this Polon and on the outskirs. His father's name is Dolthur, and his mother's name is Voltha.

Adolescence |
    Daraks training was starting to show off, his muscles and strength growing enormously because he would never stop his training. A few days after his birthday, he decided to join the Gladiators to test out his newfound strength. To his surprise the warriors he faced in the ring were easily defeated, all thanks to Darak's training and quick wit.

Early Adulthood |
    Darak made an impression within the city as a Gladiator, his strength and combat prowess was nothing to sneeze at, these impressing people so much that they offered him a spot within the Eronidas Military, which he did not hesitate to accept. Since he was not a foreigner, he was accepted into the sixth level, the highest he could go. Darak was overjoyed with this, having a good job and a prestigious home. More than this, though, he was overjoyed that he would be able to give more towards his son’s future.

Advanced Years |
    Darak has been with the military for 9 years now, he was so popular among the ranks that he was allowed to command quite a few people in the front line as a General. When he had time, he started to train his son, Urzog, the way his own father had trained him. He showed him how to fight, how to brew, and then how to be a proper Polon Eronidas, his vision for his son being that he would grow up to be like himself, a strong respected warrior within the Polon Community. Though, a few years later, he was confident in the duties that he has performed and wished to broaden his horizon in knowledge for the Military. So one city piqued his interest most of all and it was a city that housed his family, it was Regalia, thus he left on a journey to find this holy city and see what he can do within this city.

Darak was born on December 24th, 264 AC in the Polon of Bar’Juk that can be found west of Daendroc, near the continent of Guldar. Darak's family resided on the third level of this Polon. His father's name is Dolthur, and his mother's name is Voltha.

At the age of 5, he could pick up his very first shield. He didn’t like the idea of axes much, as he felt like it made him too slow. Thus, his training began for fighting. Darak was appointed to Military training and school at this age, and when he was at home, his father made him do physical training on a dummy.

He was restricted due to his stamina at that age, along with how young he was, but he still tried his best. His father's friend was an expert in the way of the shield, so he took Darak as his young apprentice, although he could only train with him after school. Any other spare time he had, he went to his father, who taught him how to act like a true Polon. Most of Darak's training consisted of shield combat, but he also quite enjoyed using his fists too. He felt that other weaponry would slow him down considerably, so he just stuck with his fists.

At the age of 13, Darak continued to train and still attended his classes, and when he had free time, his father would have him practice on a different hobby, brewing. This was because his father was the original owner of a tavern that resided on the third level (entertainment house). The tavern was quite popular, so Darak helped out whenever he could. Darak’s father then showed him how to make a mean Eronidas Ale, that would get an Ailor drunk within a few sips. Darak thoroughly enjoyed brewing next to his father and helping out at the tavern when he wasn’t doing the usual daily routine.

At the age of 16, he met his first mate, Vorikal, whom he quickly admired, both for her strength and the beauty that she had, making her the ideal mate for Bolvus. He would always try to impress her, jesting around and flexing his muscles that were still growing, he even asked her to a duel every once in a while, but she always won. However, he did not give up because of this, still being determined to make her his mate.

At the age of 17, his training was starting to show off, his muscles and strength growing enormously since he reached adulthood, and because he would never stop his training. A few days after his birthday, he decided to join the Gladiators to test out his newfound strength. To his surprise the warriors he faced in the ring were easily defeated, all thanks to Daraks training and quick wit.

At the age of 18, Darak quickly went up in the rankings with his job as a Gladiator, so much so that he was offered a spot on the fourth floor. He took it and moved out of the home. He knew that this would impress Vorikal and proposed to her soon after, to which she agreed.

At the age of 19, Valikar had a baby. He felt quite proud that he was finally a father, but unfortunately, Valikar couldn’t handle childbirth and died on the table. This hit Darak quite hard, as he had lost his mate, but this did not stop him from continuing his job as a Gladiator. He earned enough money to hire a servant from the First level to take care of his son’s needs.

At the age of 21, Darak made an impression within the city as a Gladiator, his strength and combat prowess was nothing to sneeze at, these impressing people so much that they offered him a spot within the Eronidas Military, which he did not hesitate to accept. Since he was not a foreigner, he was accepted into the sixth level, the highest he could go. Darak was overjoyed with this, having a good job and a prestigious home. More than this, though, he was overjoyed that he would be able to give more towards his son’s future.

At the age of 30 Darak has been with the military for 9 years now, he was so popular among the ranks that he was allowed to command quite a few people in the front line as a General. When he had time, he started to train his son, Urzog, the way his own father had trained him. He showed him how to fight, how to brew, and then how to be a proper Polon Eronidas, his vision for his son being that he would grow up to be like himself, a strong respected warrior within the Polon Community.

At the age of 33, Darak was confident that his son was on a good path to becoming a warrior and a good brew man. Thanks to his grandpa, his son even joined the military, and it seemed that his son could hold his own. Darak was growing quite curious about the lives of other races, namely the Ailor, so he followed his gut feeling and decided to head off towards one of the Ailor cities. The Polon Military told him he was always welcome to come back if the day ever came that he should return. He was set on staying close to his father's friend for a while so that he could train there almost every day until the trainer had nothing left to teach. When Darak had learned all he could from his teacher, he set off towards one town that piqued his interest, Regalia.

At the age of 40, Darak lived in Regalia, still brewing his famous Eronidas Ale, sparring, eating, drinking, and still training. He has decided to try and join the ranks of one of the Charters, the one that caught his eye being the Vigilant Shield. They accepted Darak to be the first Orc squire and due to his good duties, they promoted him to the first member of the Brute Squad. He has gained a lot of popularity among the people of Regalia. He has been in every Guard Charter, and with that he has saved a lot of money, buying his first truly good Blacksteel Shield. Darak’s son and tribesmen were always on his mind, and as such, he gave in his resignation and set off towards his old home once more, wanting to spend time with his son and to be the father that he was meant to be.

Today, Darak returns after four years have gone by, in these four years he has watched his son mature into a full-grown Eronidas and he is content with what he has become. Darak has returned to Regalia ready to serve once more with his head held high, though on his travels back towards Regalia he met a certain Hadrav'yan. They became friends quickly, as they found each other to be quite similar in personality.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #1 JamiJam017, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  2. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

I am here to review this application!

• The one point, the singular point I have for you to change, is to combine or remove the trait of social butterfly. That would be more like one of his strengths and those personalities would be what make up the idea that he is a social butterfly.
    • There is also a small format error on Experienced Combatant.

Tag me once your'e done with the above edits!

3. JamiJam017

JamiJam017

4. HydraLana

5. JamiJam017

JamiJam017

@The_Shadow_King3 Hey, just made a few adjustments, nothing to the information, just the age, that is all.

6. JamiJam017

JamiJam017

@The_Shadow_King3
    Just made a few minor updates, his height has been reduced, the Brute strength has been extended and one of the Relationships has changed from NPC to someone that plays him.

7. JamiJam017

JamiJam017

@HydraLana
    made it into the new format, tell me if it is good or any other admin that wants to :)

8. JamiJam017

JamiJam017

@HydraLana
    Due to the new format I made the knowledge and stuff th same as before added an extra school and stuff, so needs a re-approve.

9. HydraLana

@JamiJam017 My only point of review is your combat schools are a bit wonky. It takes five and a half years to reach Student level in the School of Graklak, you cannot have learned all of that content in just a year and a half.

Additionally, the Skagger page states that Skagger can only be learned by Northern Ailor and your character is not that. I would imagine it's a principle of the combat school and not something brided away easily with coin.

Please tag me once the edits have been made in blue.

10. JamiJam017

JamiJam017

11. HydraLana

Re-approved.

12. JamiJam017

JamiJam017

13. HydraLana

Why bump? You never tagged me with any mention of having needed a re-review or having made any changes to your application.

14. JamiJam017

JamiJam017

Oh im sorry @HydraLana my app has been updated or reworked with the new format and edited quite bit to suit the lore, it needs a re-review please

#14 JamiJam017, Mar 15, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  15. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

Approved.

16. JamiJam017

JamiJam017

@HydraLana @Nesstro
    Sorry but I am Not sure who to tag but I have made changes to my app, as the new Eronidas’s lore is out I have made changes to suit the new lore. I have pretty much made changes in every category, if there are any mistakes or anything please let me know.

#16 JamiJam017, Mar 23, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  17. HydraLana

• I don't feel comfortable approving this, please remove any mention of it.
    • There is no Language called this.
    • There are multiple Polons, could you be a bit more articulate in this fact, and the location of this Polon within Daendroc?
    • I'll be quite frank: I think that you need to re-read your Life Story, and check it over for grammatical and structural issues. I quoted an example of what I am referring to, this sentence is essentially a repetition of the same information and could be shortened, but content overall could also be cleared up. At current, it is hard for me to read this without seeing only these glaring errors and content repeats that break the immersion gained when reading a piece of content.
    Tag me once the above edits have been completed @JamiJam017

18. JamiJam017

JamiJam017

@HydraLana
    I believe I have fixed up all the errors, thanks for being frank, let me know if there is anything more.

19. HydraLana

Re-Approved, though I encourage you to continue tweaking the life story and grammar/structure found within.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. JamiJam017

JamiJam017

@HydraLana

I have edited the proficiencies to suit the new overhaul.

21. HydraLana

22. JamiJam017

JamiJam017

@HydraLana

I have updated the page to the new format.
    Nothing has been changed in terms of proficiencies
    The Polon name and family have been changed, but that is really it!

23. Volaie

Volaie Honest Citizen Supremium

Claimed for review! Expect a reply shortly.

24. Volaie

So, my only request is that you give me one last sentence in your Life Story to accommodate for Darak arriving in Regalia and why.

Make these changes and tag me once done, thanks!

25. JamiJam017

JamiJam017

@Volaie

I have edited the story as you requested, if there's anything else, please let me know!

26. Volaie

Nope, it looks perfect! Approved!

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  27. JamiJam017

JamiJam017

@Volaie

A simple and small update on his age, just aged him up to fifty-nine!

28. JamiJam017

JamiJam017

@Volaie

A couple of minor changes!
    Last name changed due to family agreement.
    Aged him up by one year.

Changed his proficiencies a bit:
    - 2 from Body art leaving 0
    + 2 to Cooking making 5 all up

29. Volaie

Approved.

30. JamiJam017

JamiJam017

@Volaie

I have updated Daraks prof to the new rules and his abilities.

31. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Claimed for review!

32. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

APPROVED

33. JamiJam017

JamiJam017

@Yurs

I have made Darak a more combat orientated character. Though, I barely CRP as him really, sometimes just the occasional brawl. I had a look at other options but nothing really fits his niche and the Charisma wasn’t really being used!
    If there is a problem please let me know!

34. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

APPROVED