Ulric Malthor

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Karthadon, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Karthadon

Karthadon Mulch Enthusiast

-----SHELVED-----

Basic information
    • Ulric Ageis Malthor
    • Race: Ailor (Olean lineage)
    • Sexuality: straight
    • Preferred Weapon: Dual Wield Steel Daggers
    Inventory information
    • dual wield daggers
    • Book & quill
    • pocketwatch
    • whetstone (for sharpening blades)
    • cloth mask (if he needs to hide his identity)
    Skill information
    50 age + 10 hobby + 5 racial boost = 65 total points
    • 10 Fist Combat (10 core)
    • 15 dagger combat (10 core + 5 racial boost: olean lineage)
    • 9 Medical Science (9 core)
    • 10 Roguery (10 core) - Rogue Gift 4
    • 5 Perception Training (5 core)
    • 10 Needlework Art (10 hobby)
    • 6 Linguistics (6 core)
    Mutations / Infections
    Sanguine - Alais Bloodline

Willingly went to Mateor to be infected. Ulric felt inadequate and believed if he were a Sanguine, he would have the strength to protect his loved ones, particularly his girlfriend Mariona.

Alais Base Kit

Servile Collar I
    Afflicted Life I
    Blood Feeding I
    Blood Curse II
    Vampiric Form II
    Cursed Soul I

Alais Bloodline Kit

Crimson Power I
    Crimson Power II
    Flux Shift V
    Flux Shift VI
    Mind Surge II
    Puppet Control I
    Rogue Gift IV
    Spirit Curse II
    Rogue Gift I

Physical stat: 10 fist combat + 15 dagger combat = 25 Physical stat

Body Shape: Athletic, low body fat

Languages:

• Common
    • Kathar Altalar (-3 language) (after growing up in a poor family and spending extensive time in the sewers as an adult, it was not hard for him to learn this language)
    • Daendroquin (home language, free)
    • Modern Altalar ( -3 Language) (many Altalar made Daen their home. He encountered many in his childhood, and many more in his adulthood in Regalia)
    Visual Information
    • Eye color: green
    • Hair color: slightly-dirty blonde
    • Hair Style: mostly straight, but slightly wavy. Bangs swept over the forehead.
    • Skin color: sandy peach
    • Clothing: Blue shirt, with a black vest and pants. Brown boots.
    • Height: 5'6
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Personality:

Option One: The Question List
    • How would your character express Happiness and Contentedness?
      • With a smile and laughter
    • How would your character respond to experiencing Fear?
      • He would respond to Fear by fighting it and standing his ground to surpass it.
    • How would your character respond to experiencing Stress?
      • He would experience stress by getting frustrated with those around him.
    • How does your character view Law and Authorities?
      • Ulric respects authority to stay out of trouble, but he does not like them.
    • How does your character feel about Races other than their own?
      • Ulric doesn't dislike a particular race, but he has had bad experiences with Kathar and does not trust them.
    • How does your character feel about Religion for themselves, and other faiths?
      • Ulric is Unionist, but does not really have strong religious beliefs.
    • How does your character feel about the Arcane and Magical in the world?
      • Ulric has no particular feelings towards magical and the Arcane. He knows they have their uses.
    • How does your character feel towards their family?
      • Ulric hates his birth family, but loves his new family, the Playeros very much.
    • What is your character the most proud of about themselves?
      • Ulric is proud of finding someone to love. He assumed he'd be alone forever.
    • What motivates your character to move forward and better their life?
      • Protecting his family.
    • What is your character's biggest insecurity?
      • Ulric's biggest insecurity is that he thinks he is not as strong as those around him.
    • What is your character's biggest fear?
      • Ulric's biggest fear is losing those he loves.
    Religion: (1/10) Unionism

"Even if Eloi does say no, I'll say 'too bad, f*ck you'"
    "The last person who kissed me was my mother, more than seventeen years ago"
    "Aye, Grand Oberst" Alternatively, "Aye, Duke Keen"
    "You're an Ass"
    "Aye, it's because the thing makes you look bald"
    "Look, a stinky sewer rat."
    "Does Eloi have a girl he's with now? I hear he's on number three."

Mariona Playero: I never once thought that I'd stop hating you. But now I love you

Eloi Playero: We had a big falling out, eh? I'm glad we can be friends once more.

Simone Amaya: You're a good person, Simone. Thanks for always keeping us out of trouble.

Florence Amaya: Sorry for kicking you out of the Steak Estate that one time. But, to be fair, you did sit on the table.

Reselda Playero: I don't really know you. You seem nice, though.

Alaric Keen: I used to respect you. You were almost a father figure to me. I'm not upset with you. I'm upset with myself for trusting you.

Augustin Mohren: You disgust me.

Taeron Fa'salor: We're still good... right?

Life Story

Childhood
    Ulric Malthor was born into a poor family of four. His family consisted of himself, his parents, and his sister. As a child, his life was particularly tough. While his mother would beg on the street for money, his father was a thief. Every now and then, his father would teach Ulric and his sister how to steal, pickpocket, and fight. However, his mother didn't approve of such "dishonest things".
    "That is no way to make a living," she'd say. "Those who are dishonest do not deserve wealth."
    Ulric's parents taught him basic Muz'havel principles, beliefs, and history. His mother was more religiously strict, hence why she was adamant on keeping him from following the footsteps of his father. Ulric, much like his father, followed the Muz'havel belief much more loosely, picking and choosing which principles to apply to his life.

Fateful Night
    At the age of 13, Ulric's father explained to him that they were going to do something risky. Something big. They were going to burgle a noble house. To not be seen by his mother, they snuck out in the middle of the night. As they approached the noble house, the place was dark. Not a single candle lit up the residence. Seeing an open balcony on the second floor, they took the opportunity. Climbing up the side of the structure, they made their way up and onto the balcony. Slowly, they tiptoed through the open doorway, doing their best not to make a noise.

Ulric Malthor looked around the room. A standing mirror situated itself next to an oak wardrobe. He squinted, barely able to make out his silhouette in the darkness. On the wardrobe, lay a blue shawl with gold trim. Ulric walked over and picked it up, feeling the soft fabric between his oily fingers. He had never felt or worn anything this nice in his entire life. This, to Ulric was a reminder of the life he knew he deserved. The life he knew he someday would have. A sound caught him off guard. He turned his head towards his left, a bed pushed up against the wall. A girl sat in the bed, staring directly at him. A lump appeared in his throat, and his mouth grew dry. A lone scream filled the air.

"Guards!"
    The duo immediately turned around and ran back towards the balcony. Ulric climbed over the balcony and hung from the railing by his hands, carefully dropping himself onto the ground. The whistle of something flying through the air was barely audible through the chaos. He ran several yards before looking back at his father. The lifeless corpse of his father hung over the metal railing of the balcony. A dark liquid dripped and pooled onto the ground below. A lone arrow was sunk deep between his shoulder blades.

With no time to stay and meet the same fate, Ulric began running away from the noble residence, leaving it all behind. The next morning, guards were combing the busy streets, looking for the other perpetrator. Ulric looked at the blue shawl in his hands. He wrapped it around him, embracing his past failures. He would learn from his mistakes. He would never get caught again. He walked through the streets, out of the city, and into the countryside, leaving his past life behind.

Present Day
    Ulric disembarks from a ship. He is now on a continent called Regalia. On a notice board, he sees a piece of parchment: "Looking for Mercenaries able to handle themselves in a fight." A smile spreads across his lips.

Ulric met with Alaric Keen of the Ivory Company and signed up as a Sellsword. Having met and worked with several Unionist Ailor, Daniel would now be quickly getting converted to the Unionist beliefs. Ulric would work with Alaric to prove his trust and would now be promoted to a Private.

Was kidnapped and tortured by a Kaahl, giving him severe PTSD and nightmares.

Ulric has worked in the Ivory Company for several months, now a Lieutenant within the company. The Ivory Company had a run in with the Playero family, who attempted to burn down the Steak Estate.

Alaric Keen, commander of the Ivory Company, has been made a noble. Ulric would spend most of his time guarding His Grace, Duke Keen of Gottlieberberg.

Ulric, along with many other mercenaries, raided the same Kaahl that kidnapped him months prior. He met a woman who had been held hostage by them, risking his life to save her, and forcing him to face his fears. He was successful in rescuing the damsel in distress, but that would not be the last of his worries.

Ulric Malthor began to grow tired of being Keen's personal guard. He grew sick of it. Sick of Alaric Keen, even. One day, Mariona Playero entered the Steak Estate. Despite knowing it was his job to kick her out, he let her stay and order a drink, having pleasant conversation with her the entire time. Very quickly, Ulric began to fall for her.

After spending a monumental amount of time with Mariona Playero over the next few weeks, he started to feel as if he was not fit to be in the Ivory Company. He heard all these terrible things about Alaric Keen, and started to feel that the Duke perhaps wasn't the man Ulric thought he was.

Ulric's stress built up until he approached Duke Keen and shouted at him. Immediately, he was fired. His position as an Ivory Lieutenant, now gone forever. Having no place to go, he had no choice but to join with Eloi Playero, and rebuild their past friendship. Ulric joined the Playero's mercenary company and began his work with them.

Ulric heard of Keen's trial and found the Duke to be deserving of any punishments that would be inflicted upon him. Ulric was never fond of Augustin Mohren and is happy that the Ivory Company has been dissolved.

Lately, Ulric began to feel inadequate and weak, believing himself to be useless. Having seen the strength of Sanguine, he felt as if he needed to become one himself in order to gain the strength to protect his loved ones, especially his girlfriend Mariona Playero. Ulric ventured into the wraith and he met Mateor Alearretyn, an Alais sanguine who performed the Ritual of Longing in order to turn Ulric (willingly) into a vampire.

• Winner Winner x 3
    #1 Karthadon, Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  2. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

• Please identify which Proficiency is getting points from Core, Talent, or Hobby.
    • Please demonstrate the Stat calculation so I know where the points are coming from, and how you are calculating that number.
    Please tag me once the above edits are done @Karthadon As a final note, I will allow you to keep the relatively short Life Story you currently have, but next time you update the Character, I would heavily encourage you to add more to it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Karthadon

All done! I even polished up the life story. Let me know what you think and if there's anything else I need to work on. @HydraLana

4. HydraLana

5. Karthadon

@HydraLana I made a bunch of changes to my character sheet, because I didn't like the way my character was going. I wanted to make my character less like me. I highlighted them in red

6. HydraLana

You seem to be having some calculation issues here with your Proficiencies, from your sum total, to individual Prof allocation, and depending on that, Physical Stat issues. Please re-read your work here, and the broader Application, to make sure you have everything down pat and how you want it Re-Review.

7. Karthadon

@HydraLana I believe I have made the edits requested. I went back over it multiple times and counted up the points repeatedly. It should be all in order if I did my math correct. I do not know how I messed it up this bad.

8. HydraLana

Perception Training doesn't add to Physical Stat. Please remove it, and recalculate your Physical Stat.

9. Karthadon

10. HydraLana

11. Karthadon

@HydraLana Ulric got infected with sanguinism so I made edits to the sheet. All edits colored in red

12. HydraLana

As it's been a month and a half, and something rather recently happened involving Keen, and his own life, please add a point or two at the end of the Life Story to explain anything in the gap of time that currently exists. He was last facing his fears with the help of a woman, did he somehow fail? Succeed?

13. Karthadon

@HydraLana I believe I have adequately made the requested changes to my character sheet.

14. HydraLana

15. Karthadon

@HydraLana I edited my sheet to reflect the Proficiency and Alais Bloodline reworks.

16. HydraLana

https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Roguery - "Each Ability below can be purchased for 3 Proficiency Points."
    Just to mention, you can add more Abilities to your character since you only need 3 points per ability. Anyway, application is approved.

17. Karthadon

@HydraLana I'm shelving the character. Please reject this sheet <3