Dance Of The Wolves

Discussion in 'Player Events' started by KK134, Aug 2, 2020.

1. KK134

KK134 Regalian Pioneer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A Night of the Wolves
    Noaptea Lupului
    [​IMG]

On a late summer’s night, permeated by darkness, the village of Farkas laid quiet and undisturbed. Its high stone chimneys sat gasping with the last remains of the burning light of dying embers left abandoned. Its residents had been lost to the night in 183 A.C. and the gnashing maws of the lupine beasts that laid within it... Or that is as what the story of Noaptea Lupului claims. A dark and eerie celebration heralding the coming of the cold once more, the Night of the Wolves is an Ânian celebration based on this tale. Traditionally celebrated in the month of August with a communal celebration House Slumberwood aims to bring this tradition to the holy city. Within Ânian provinces, this celebration has a particular event inspired by its origins in which girls from the village are randomly chosen through the tying of a black ribbon around their wrist to hide among the houses or within the charted forests while the young men try to be the first to find the “quarry” assigned to them and return them to the village center. While this is traditionally used as a way to being courting between persons within Ânian society, House Slumberwood has made some adjustments to their interpretation of this event so it is less-so courting based. House Slumberwood invites the entirety of the Regalian Peerage to the village of Rothburg wherein it will hold a masquerade of the wolves. This will be a dance in which all those attending will be provided with a black or white wolf mask. By the ending of the dancing portion of the event, random members of the peerage will have been given a black ribbon to assign their role as “quarry” for the hunting portion of the event. They will be given ample time to hide within the village of Rothburg at a set location pre-determined by the host and random groups will be made by the host to hunt down each “quarry”. To ensure that this event is not one solely of random chance but rather also one of cunning the host will be leaving clues throughout the village as to the location where the quarries will be found. It will be up to the intellect and instincts of the hunters to find the hiding members of the peerage and be the first to bring them back to the dance hall.

OOC Info
    Who: Nobles and anyone who sends a letter to Merdoc and is given an invitation
    When:August 29th 9pm EST
    Where: /tp rothburg
    Why: Ânian Events, Ânian Events, Ânian Events​

• Powerful Powerful x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #1 KK134, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  2. KK134

KK134 Regalian Pioneer

-Please pm me if you want to interrupt the event as it will likely be a lot of pre-event work that I would not want to go to waste so we would need to coordinate any interruption to specifically avoid having the event called off.
    -Any person whose character is playing a quarry should use the /dynmap hide command to avoid accidental meta and should make an effort not to let anyone know OOCly where the quarry characters are hiding.
    -There is a requirement that each char grab a different colored ribbon hanging next to each clue to give to the host when they return to the dance hall so no it is not possible to skip any clues.
    -Let me know if any groups get stuck by @'ing me so Merdoc can happen over and give some clues to keep things fun and moving! My IGN is KKisname.

#2 KK134, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  3. KK134

KK134 Regalian Pioneer

Event this Saturday on August 29th at 9pm EST! Any Anians or aristocrats who want to go just pm me over discord!