Archived Custom Sounds

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

AlysaPotato

Daensquad
Reaction score
Heya!
Hey there! I'm just making a suggestion that I think some people are wanting as well.
I was wondering if massive staff could add custom sounds with the next texture pack update!
I've been wondering if there where custom sounds but there aren't.
I think custom sounds would benefit the atmosphere for role-play in Regalia and role-play everywhere else.
Thanks for reading!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Heya!
Hey there! I'm just making a suggestion that I think some people are wanting as well.
I was wondering if massive staff could add custom sounds with the next texture pack update!
I've been wondering if there where custom sounds but there aren't.
I think custom sounds would benefit the atmosphere for role-play in Regalia and role-play everywhere else.
Thanks for reading!

1. -Good- -free- custom sounds are hard to find for a resource pack without creating them yourselves. And massive's texturepack is mostly made up of borrowed elements from different packs. It'd be tedious to hunt down the right sounds just for the sake of making the sounds not default. I personally don't find anything wrong or unimmersive with default sounds.

2. I'm not sure how true this is, but theres a lot of legal wish wash. Though its mostly when it comes to custom music, which Massive's pack did use to have. People are very protective of their sounds and tracks.

3. Custom sounds can make the size of a resource pack enormous. I had a custom pack which I just added in a few songs, it made my 4 MB pack shoot up to 300. I could compress, but it'd make them sound flat and terrible. You just really don't want triple digit pack size for a server pack. Server packs need to be light so anybody can hop on and run them. The biggest you should ever really allow your pack to get is around 20 MB. The only way I could see custom sounds being viable is as a separate pack, but again, I just don't see the benefit of hunting down the right noises just for the sake of making them not-vanilla.