Crystals, And What We Know.

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Bunemma, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Bunemma

Bunemma guinea pig gremlin Staff Member World2

[ ! ] The following missive has been mass produced thanks to Milena Cadieux, who kindly allowed the usage of her printing press to inform the general public of the current crystal ongoings.

〚 ☽┇ ════════════════ - ‹ •◦ ☄ ◦• › - ════════════════┇☾ 〛

What we know, so far.

Beginning on the 30th of November, various crystalline structures have been appearing within Regalia. As of the time of writing, (4th of November), only six crystals have so far been recorded. The locations of these will purposefully be left obscured, to prevent any further unwanted tampering.

These crystals do not seem to be harmful in any way. Instead, they supply a ‘humming’ to the area around them, decipherable by Maraya as some sort of ancient language. While unable to understand the meanings of the words, it’s evident they are indeed Marayan in origin. The ‘essence’ of these crystals seems to correlate to the spirit sorcery school, should that mean anything to anyone.

Alongside these hummings are different frequencies, varying from crystal to crystal. Different groups have managed to assign letters and symbols to these frequencies, which in turn produces a code to be solved. The ciphers for these codes seem to be consistent within the pairs, though no two pairs have the same cipher.

Once decoded, the messages seem to be messages, as though entries in some sort of journal. They speak of a Marayan expedition, digging deep into the earth to reveal some ancient being, artifact, or technology. The messages are transcripts of voices, Maraya from a vault called ‘Johtn’. This is fairly important, as this vault has never been recorded nor known prior to this point. The location of this expedition is unknown, as of now.

Frequently Asked Questions.

> Why does this matter to me?
    Ultimately, unless you’re a Maraya, it doesn’t. There’s no obligation to care about the meanings of these messages, or do anything to protect or interfere with the crystals, beyond a general pursuit of knowledge and answers to this mystery. If you’re seeking to find some sort of ancient technology for personal gain and use or a one-up on your enemies, I suggest you look elsewhere.

> Why are the crystals here? How do we stop them from popping up?
    There isn’t a concrete answer for that question, as of now. The current theory is that these messages are intended for someone else - either the Maraya Home Swarm, or another Maraya fleet, which was recently seen above Regalia. Some months ago a diplomacy team was sent to make contact with an airship, but were shot down upon approach. No contact was made. There also isn’t any way to prevent the crystals from manifesting, or determining where they will be next. The locations seem to be entirely random, though they form in pairs.

> What is the Home Swarm? ‘Another’ fleet?
    The Home Swarm is a collection of Maraya airships, originating from ancient Meraic technology. It’s largely undocumented, and not much is known about the functions or current whereabouts. As mentioned above, it was recently recorded in Regalian airspace. The reason it could be another fleet, however, is that contact was never made with the Home Swarm by anyone in Regalia. It could just as well be a fleet from the Johtn vault itself, released after the vault awakened. If that is the case, we know even less about them than we do about the Home Swarm.

> Are they dangerous? Should I be worried?
    Yes, and no. The danger is in the unknown. We’ve no idea what these Maraya are capable of, as much of the knowledge of the Marayan people has been lost to time. The crystals themselves only prove to be dangerous when tampered with extensively, which caused one to explode, destroying the message within. It is wise to proceed with caution, but no immediate danger has been recorded from the crystals themselves - just those wishing to interfere.

> Is there any way I’m able to help?
    Yes, certainly. Every opinion and possible viewpoint is valuable in this sort of circumstance. The messages are all present within the crystals, save for the one destroyed, and can be endeavored to be uncoded by anyone. In addition to that, there are those within Regalia that seek to corrupt the crystals in some sort of sick display of power. Whether this is with Void or Exist essence, it seems to be a proper power struggle. This is what led to the crystal exploding - imbuing it with conflicting essences. If you truly wish to aid the effort, ensure none can corrupt or interrupt the proceedings with the crystals.

> I have more questions. How and who do I ask?
    I’ve opened up my door to anyone and everyone that has queries about the nature of these crystals, how to help, or provide further information. Should you need counselling, or if you have any additional information to provide, you’re welcome to visit my cottage just beyond the Hangroad Community Garden. Alternatively, you’re able to send a letter to the same address.

Final Notes.

Again, just to reiterate, these crystals aren’t inherently dangerous. Those seeking to use the crystals for their own benefit, instead of solving the mystery behind them, are dangerous. Both those of the Void, and those of the Exist.

Almost all of this information has been expertly decoded and collected by one Susan Burch, who is a certified genius. Should you prefer speaking with her, questions and aid are welcome from those that mean well.

Yours,
    Mal Practice, Kulmerai Elaya

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Educated Educated x 1