Crookback Emporium Property Application

Discussion in 'Roleplay/Regalia Applications' started by Mollymock, Jun 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mollymock

Mollymock Shadowy Charlatan Staff Member Lore2

[​IMG]

In this thread, you can apply for a property within the new Emporium in the Crookback Bay area. The regions are relatively homely, as they’re meant to give a more floating merchant black market feel. These regions are free, with the only stipulation that activity is maintained. All black market or shady business propositions are welcome: from fences to under the table medics, and more! There are only 7 shop spaces available at this time.

Rental Requirements
    • These are not to be used as basic houses; you must run some sort of business out of it. This extends to using the stalls as proxy Clandestine Bases.
    • In order to apply, your prospective business must have a minimum of 2 employees, including yourself.
    • You as property owner are expected to upkeep activity within the property. That includes often sitting in there to draw players to explore your business, creating a thread to hire employees, and hosting events.
    • All property owners are expected to uphold a good level of IC and OOC conduct. These shops will be the bread and butter of the Crookback Bay district and will help keep the black market illegal portion of RP thrive.
    • Applications are NOT on a first-come-first-serve basis. Owners will be chosen using a number of factors ranging from activity to good roleplay etiquette to the success or failure of previous businesses.
    Rules for Regions
    • You are only permitted to change the interior of your property, not the exterior (even if you have access to it). You may request exterior edits such as color changes of wool via ticket.
    • You must inform Mollymock if you wish to change the building to something different than what was applied for. In some cases this might require a reapplication, such as if the region was inactive without good cause prior to the change.
    • If your region is decorated by staff, you may not harvest the materials for personal use. Doing so is punishable by banning or revocation of regals. Minor edits using the same or similar materials are permitted.
    • Activity checks will happen once a month and consistently inactive properties will be evicted. The minimum amount of roleplay "lines" to be considered active is 500 a month, but you should ideally be shooting for 1,000 or more. Please read the most recent activity review for information on what happens if you are given a warning or evicted.
    • If you would like free staff decoration on your region, you can apply for it here after acceptance.
    Application Template
    • Owner:
      (Please use your in-game username!)
    • Employees:
      (The in-game name of current employees.)
    • Property/Properties Desired:
      (Write, in order of preference, which properties you'd like to apply for. Bare in mind you will only get one.)
    • Business Idea:
      (If you have a thread for your business already, link it here. Otherwise give the name of your prospective business and what you plan to do with it.)
    • Exterior Edits:
      (Any exterior edits you'd like to request, such as the changing of tent colors. If you would like to apply for staff decoration, please apply here if you are accepted. )
    • Lastly, tag @Mollymock

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  2. Timetotalk

Timetotalk

(Will be hiring more over time.)
      Emporium Four.
    • Business Idea:
      It will be The Physician's office to work known as, Crookback Clinic. It will be almost the same thing that the overworld has with Oldtown Clinic, yet specifically tailored to help those within the Sewers/Crookback Bay. Ensuring the safety, health and wellness to those that live their lives underground. For those that are too fearful to head up into the 'civilized world' to work on their wounds.
    • Exterior Edits:
      The edits will be the flags and colors of the wool in the Stall will need to be changed to white & black to fit the coloration of the Physician's offices.

#2 Timetotalk, Jun 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  3. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Dragon Lord of Falckenstein Staff Member Lore2
    1. House von Drachenburg

• Owner:
      • Wumpatron
    • Employees:
      • None at present, but I have a feeling the concept will incite a lot of folks to utilize the space
      • Emporium 6
    • Business Idea:
      • Blacksmith/Clockwork/General nick nack shop that'll be a public work space for characters within those niches
    • Exterior Edits:
      • None, I can do it myself bb
    • Lastly, tag @Mollymock

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  4. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Scottish Egg

• Employees |
      None, though will be open to hiring
    • Property/Properties Desired |
      Emporium Two.
    • Business Idea |
      Ritualistic monster charms hang from the ceiling, rattling and humming on their own with a strange, otherworldly glow. The walls are littered with parchment, each depicting a different abnormal design, laced with Gal-Raq scripture. A crooked mirror, and an odd clock-work machine tipped with a needle- It seemed this was some sort of Heretical Tattoo Parlour.
    • Exterior Edits |
      None I can think of atm, but I'll definitely need to apply for the staff decoration if I get the place

5. Iyyiushi

Iyyiushi

• Owner: @Iyyiushi (Cazna Teken'rret)
    • Employees: @HereticTakao (Kabili Tordove)
    • Property/Properties Desired: Emporium 1, any.
    • Business Idea: Thread pending writing - Dread Leathers - business-to-business trade of animal products, business-to-customer animal products, and taxidermy. So: Leathers, bones, parts, claws, meat, and the taxidermy of whole or parts of animals. i.e. heads, full-body, paws, etc. I'll draft the forum post.
    • Exterior Edits: Staff Edits Pending Acceptance of Lot: Orange and brown tent colors. The front counter is a glass container for animal products. A rack of meat (nether soil) hanging from the front. The Interior will include Minecraft heads of animal mobs.
    • Tag: @Mollymock
    • Advert:https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/crookback-emporium-dread-leathers.84979

#5 Iyyiushi, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  6. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Long Live the Protectorate @Greenie
    • Owner: Mad_Gadfly (Isidoro Playero)
    • Employees:
      1. Armando Playero @tin77
      2. Otto Aachenburg @Farly108
      3. Isa Ibin Alard @Beleiver
      4. Antiochus Apellio @Capriciousllama
      5. Hagwin Naeran @HeyitsNano
      6. Gerralt Gem @RadioMike99
      • In order of preference:
      1. Emporium2
      2. Emporium1
      3. Emporium5
      4. Emporium7
      5. Emporium3
    • Business Idea:
      • To provide supplies to assist criminals in their clandestine activities within the city, rather than Crookback/the sewers. Goods such as alchemical concoctions, forged documents (licenses, identities, invitations to noble events), and the extraction of noble belongings through a burgling service. Further, the establishment will serve as a forum where criminals may get together and discuss information they may want to share. This business has two motives: profit for the funding Jacobin agendas, and helping to supply criminals for the overall destabilization of city politics.
    • Exterior Edits: I'll reach out depending on which region is awarded.
    @Mollymock

Edit: Changed order of preferences.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #6 Mad_Gadfly, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  7. Mollymock

You're all Accepted! Regions are all set up with the owners. Should you need anyone else added, contact myself or make a ticket IG. First activity checks will be held in 4 weeks (with some leeway to give stall owners some set up time). Should you have any more inquiries or requests, don't shy away from asking!

I'm sorry to say that this region request is Denied for now. The pitch sounds much more like a Clandestine group than a business, and I ask that you perhaps apply for a Clandestine Base first and reapply for this region should you find it still needed.

Three regions remain available, being 3, 5 and 7.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Testl

Testl Friendly Neighborhood PI

• Owner: Bruno de Palma | @Testl
    • Employees:
      Lorelei Luxford | @mochalattes
      Emporium 7
    • Business Idea:
      The lot will be used to sell fake furs such as coats, hats and anything fur related. The business will give off sketch vibes and an uncomfortable feel on the outside and especially the inside. The business name will be called (De Palma Furs)
    • Exterior Edits:
      The outside of the business should look dull and grey, so candles lit just outside, perhaps some dimly lighted ones on a crate. I'd like for the tent to be dark colors, grey and black. Any visible way from the outside to look in would be boarded up, not letting any natural light in. There would be some sort of secret exit that the eventual back room would supply.
    • Lastly, tag @Mollymock

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Mollymock

Approved! Region's set up, if you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Two regions remain available, being 3 and 5!

10. Nesstro

Nesstro Flower Goblin Staff Member Lore2

Owner:
    Messtro
    Employees:
    @Hutydan | @sadsoda | @MintyJade
    Property/Properties Desired:
    Emporium5
    Business Idea:
    Storyteller's Dream | A library and bookshop, they specialize in storytelling and the making of books along with general writing along with encouraging people to write in books more. This will double as a place to teach people how to read and write as well in rp.
    Exterior Edits:
    Blue n Light Grey
    Lastly, tag @Mollymock

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Mollymock

Approved! Region will be set up later today! First activity check will be in around 4-ish weeks, with some leeway to let folks get set up some.

One region remains, being 3!

12. Jouster

Jouster A Jouster

• Owner:
      • Jouster.
    • Employees:
      • Emporium 3.
    • Business Idea:
      • A location to discuss any business that entails the need for smuggling. Come here to form a deal with the staff present, contracting their aid, et cetera. Of course, smuggling RP is difficult in terms of actually getting to "smuggle," but with the lack of anyone applying I figured the idea of such is enough to work off of for the time being.
    • Exterior Edits:
      • N/A.
    • @Mollymock

• Powerful Powerful x 3
  13. Mollymock

Approved! Region will be set up later today. Please notify me when you've reached a name for your business. First activity check will be in the same block at the rest, however, the full 500 lines will not be expected until the second check.

There are no more regions remaining!

14. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Scottish Egg

@Mollymock
    Heyo! Moving Atre's tattoo Parlour to The Undercroft - would like to self revoke my property and let someone else use the space as a result. Hope that's okay, thanks

15. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

Pursuant to the rejection of my clandestine base application, and recent in-character developments that have prompted me to scrap the original idea entirely, I humbly resubmit this application due to the conveniently timed opening.
    • Owner: Mad_Gadfly
    • Employees: HeyItsNano RadioMike99 Antartican
    • Property/Properties Desired: Emporium2
    • Business Idea:
    1. The business shall be established as a bank, offering progression regals to characters that are not aligned with any of the clandestine or noble groups in the World System.
      • The source of these progression regals remains undisclosed in this application, but I am willing to discuss it further in private.
    2. The business aims to connect Sewer/Crookback crime with city crime by receiving deposits that are both criminal and non-criminal in origin, and by facilitating exchanges between noble and clandestine groups. The banking structure shall therefore also allow for the possibility of money laundering.
    3. Other services are offered, such as swords-for-hire and forged documentation, in exchange for either World System progression regals (to keep the banking going) or on-screen activities and favors.
    • Exterior Edits: Anything that cleans it up from the previous use of the property, and makes it look more like a bank, is fine!
    @Mollymock

16. Mollymock

Understood, I hope this goes well for you!

I ask that you get in contact with myself either on here or on Discord @Mollymock#2812 to discuss this further.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  17. Natannine

Natannine Mamba Mentality
    1. Suzzie's Domain

• Owner: Character Jae'ien: @Natannine
    • Employees: Currently only Lorelei Luxford (@mochalattes) but looking to expand for sure.
    • Property/Properties Desired: Emporium Two
    • Business Idea: Fufill the sort've void of thief fencing roleplay, as well as mercantile general sale roleplay. Providing general items which may be especially useful to the Crime Community, whether it be new lockpicking tools, to a stolen set of armor that was picked up and is on a low low price. Essentially fill the void of merchant based rp, and thiefs fence that's
    • Exterior Edits: None
    • Lastly, tag @Mollymock

18. Mollymock

This application is Denied. Amongst other concerns, this business is far too niche for what the Emporium Stalls are supposed to offer, and I would suggest that you pursue this by just approaching current Clandestine Groups without need for a region.

This application is Accepted! Region will be set up later today. First activity check will happen in 4 weeks time.

19. Mollymock

It's line check time! Gave all businesses an extra month to get started. Let's get started:

Emporium 1 | Dread Leathers | @Iyyiushi
    • Line Count | 79
    • Comments | This number is rather low for the 8-ish weeks since the Crookback Stall relaunching. If you are still interested in owning this property, pop me a DM and we can try work something out. If not, this region will be offered up to someone else.
    Emporium 2 | The Smiling Fox | @Natannine
    • Line Count | 1156
    • Comments | For the newest addition to the Emporium, this is a very good count to reach. We are very happy with the way this business is going, and are excited to see its upkeep.
    Emporium 3 | The Merchant's Touch | @Jouster
    • Line Count | 2743
    • Comments | Although this business has a large line count, we do not currently believe it to be used as a business. As such, we intend on revoking this property. If you would like to contest this and discuss further, feel free to pop me a message and we can discuss is.
    Emporium 4 | The Crookback Clinic | @Timetotalk
    • Line Count | 4873
    • Comments | The Clinic has become a fantastic and lively hub for RP in the Emporium, and we are incredibly pleased with how this business has shaped up. Keep up the good work, and tend to the wounds of thos Crookback Hooligans.
    Emporium 5 | Story Teller's Dream | @Nesstro
    • Line Count | 1387
    • Comments | The bookstore seems to have some lively and active RP going off, and we are content with its current activity.
    Emporium 6 | @Wumpatron
    • Line Count | 147
    • Comments | At the moment, this business's line count feels too low to justify keeping the region. As such, I ask you get in contact with me to discuss next steps, or the region will be offered elsewhere.
    Emporium 7 | de Palma Furs | @Testl
    • Line Count | 220
    • Comments | Mostly as above. If you would like to keep this property, fire me over a DM, if not, it'll be put back into circulation.

The next line count shall happen in exactly 4 weeks time. Everyone who has to pop me a DM has one week, after such their region will be forfeit. Rest of you are doing a great job, and can keep on giving some good RP to your fellow crooks!

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  20. Mollymock

Thank you to everyone who got back to me so prompty! The following properties are now open for application:

Emporium 1, Emporium 3, Emporium 6, Emporium 7.

21. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

• Owner:
      Bwmwags3
    • Employees:
    • Shadow brood npcs/PCs (if we get player applicants)
      • Ebraheim (NPC-doctor)
      • Name TBD (NPC-nurse)
    (so players can canonically be treated if no one can respond. These will be created through the shadowbrood ritual IC)
    • Property:
    Emporium 1
    • Business Idea:
      A clinic run by sanguine and Shadow broods (though open to hire non sanguine). Which will double as the Doctor’s (and trusted fellow sanguine/colleagues) personal Lab and dissection area, making notes upon the biology of what ever odd things brought to them by the Underworld (often through dissection). Leading to new Experimental Mad scientist esq possible treatments being tried upon void animals or mutated oddities. (to possibly advance ic medicine though I am unaware if such study is excluded to progs alone, so please do inform me if Lore has any issue with that). Once these treatments are found to either have use or reveal biological facts, these will be collected into texts to be sold to any interested parties.
    • Exterior Edits:
      Is it alright if I apply for these later, once I’ve time to settle in and cart out how the decoration layout internally will be changed before the external?
    @Mollymock

22. Mollymock

Approved. However, please do not make use of these NPCs. I'll get your region set up ASAP!

23. rimacutem

rimacutem Local dwarf

• Owner: rimacutem
      (Please use your in-game username!)
    • Employees: Aurelian30k and Bayonettarded
    • (The in-game name of current employees.)
      Emporium 7
    • Business Idea:
      Fast food that also sells cheap dangerous alcohol
    • Exterior Edits:
      Just get a widnow so we can sell to those that wanna immediately go. Maybe get some seatings outsided
    • Lastly, tag @Mollymock

24. Mollymock

Approved! I'll get the region set up later today. As for exterior edits, are there any colours you'd rather the tent be? Any other edits, you should inquire here!

25. rimacutem

rimacutem Local dwarf

@Mollymock I don't care about such, as long as it looks like shady cheap pub