Crisis Of Nobles - Question And Answer

Discussion in 'Great Survival Houses Archive' started by MassiveServices, Sep 23, 2018.

1. MassiveServices

MassiveServices Massive Services Staff Member MassiveServices

With the launch of Crisis of Nobles and the changes that the project brings, it is understandable that players will have plenty of questions about how the new system works and how it is different from the old system. Therefore, to prevent unnecessary amounts of threads being opened and answered in different sections of the forums, we have opened this Q&A.
    • The purpose of this Q&A is solely to answer questions or something related to Crisis of Nobles. The questions cannot be about anything else, you can ask such questions in the Feature and Idea Discussion section.
    • This thread is not for suggesting ideas to Crisis of Nobles or voicing your concerns with the new system. You are welcome to do so in the Feature and Idea Discussion section.
    • Please do not converse on this thread, this is for questions and answers only and allows for easier readability.
    • All players should assume that answers from staff are the only ones that are 100% correct, unless a player answers using quotes from various threads that relate to Crisis of Nobles.
    • Please do not post the same question twice, please check the questions first by using Ctrl+F and finding an answer if there is one - if not, then feel free to answer.
    • After a reasonable amount of time has passed and most questions are answered, this thread will be converted into a locked FAQ thread.

2. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

With regards to forced surrender, if faction A has reached the minimum requirements to force a surrender against faction B, but faction B also has a similar amount of wins/kill (although just short of the requirement) can faction A still force faction B to surrender? Or faction A need to have a clear win/kill advantage over faction B?

3. CnocBride

CnocBride Regalian Lesser Noble

I see your point, I've added a requirement to lead by 10 kills in the overall kill tally for a forced surrender to invoke. Never came to our minds when we were creating the forced surrender rules.

4. VonZane

VonZane Your resident redneck

I'm not sure if it's somewhere in the rules and I just didn't see it, but what is the limit for the amount of factions you can declare war on at one time?

5. Zacatero

Zacatero give a quack to wingback
    1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

There is not one at this time

• Like Like x 1
  6. VonZane

I was also wondering: What counts as a "Medieval/Fantasy styled faction name?" (I'm nervous that my fac won't count, as it's named after a physics/math term lol)

7. MokeDuck

MokeDuck Hail the duckfather!
    1. The Glorious Kingdom of Celetil

"MartyLand" is an example of a definitive non-medieval name. KINGS for instance is kinda borderline. Parallax is good, cause the general audience on massive isn't gonna hear that and immediately think of math, but if you named your faction "Addition" that wouldn't really count.

Its up to staff decision, really. But in general if Massivecraft's approximate audience is gonna look at your name and think of a shoehorn or duck or their homework they forgot to do instead of something medieval, then you might wanna change it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MassiveServices

MassiveServices Massive Services Staff Member MassiveServices

Sounds medieval, so it's fine. You could say it's "fantasy" sounding to really push it. We accepted it before, we'll accept it again.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MyCatBubbles

MyCatBubbles Watcher of the Watchmen, Executor of Regalians

Don't know if anyone asked this yet but in the Siege thing could allied great houses and their provinces fight alongside one another as defenders/attackers?

(Ex. Some rando great houses and their province are allied and want to siege Argost. Jeru allied and wants to help and be 'Defenders' alongside them, that ight?)

10. CnocBride

CnocBride Regalian Lesser Noble

For now, we are going to do one great house vs. one great house but I'm sure we can incorporate that in the future.

11. VonZane

When is CoN coming back? ;-;

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. onearmsquid

onearmsquid Padawan Learner
    1. Faction Community

13. VonZane

@onearmsquid didn't answer my question tho. When is CoN coming back? ;-;

14. onearmsquid

onearmsquid Padawan Learner