Archived Creative Plots World?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Hnarqu

Pioneer
Reaction score
I put this off for a really really long time. As in, I joined a roleplay server in the hopes of building all the fantasy and medieval things to my little heart's desire, before I actually noticed roleplaying meant playing a role. Not fantasy and medieval theme. So I got caught up in roleplaying for a bit. As in a few years.

I noticed on a lot of other servers, the ones with capped-out players in the thousands, there's usually an expansive creative plots world where people build not only little tidbits that look nice, or big castles, but minigames, shops and roleplay areas. You can do whatever you want with your own little plot of land to build on.

For Massivecraft, I'd imagine we'd be able to either use the generic plots plugin, PlotMe, found here; http://plotme.worldcretornica.com/
On the other hand, depending on the amount of time a staff or community member is willing to give up for coding, massivecraft could end up with its own creative world plugin, giving even more options for both creativity and the construction of things such as Bo2's and roleplay structures. Who knows, maybe even a way to link up with factions worlds so builds can be saved, and then loaded into the world when the required resources are gathered? Lotsa possibilities. I don't know how to end idea text things properly. Bye.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I like the idea, but I feel MassiveCraft would start to feel like a hub server. Factions over here... Roleplay over there... I think we should keep to the whole theme we have going ;)

This is an amazing idea. People could create their own environments for lighter roleplays, design faction bases before building them on survival and do epic community projects..

+1 potato

I enjoy massivecraft not being a hub server, even though it has begun to have that feel since the new spawn, but also I think that this would be a little bit off the concept of what I have come to think of massivecraft, which is that it is a factions and Rp server, not a creative plot server.

I see your view, but like others have said, Massive is unique and adding a creative plot would make it just a little bit less unique. the environment that the staff here have created for us is amazing, heck they stayed with EULA laws when tons of others didn't. Yes, there is a time for everything but I don't think a creative plot in this day and age of massive is a good idea, it would change massive's structure and environment. Change is good, but too much will choke the life out of the host which is the Massivecraft environment. My last two points are that there is such a thing as loading up a creative world and building, it would make you use your memory to remember your design and then improve your memory skills I suppose. Because in my mind, just copying a building, even if you have built it in creative and have the materials in survival is a sort of cheating. you are cheating yourself out of practice, so in that way you are not building to your potential and in turn not improving your building skill. @Mojaven

Cordially,
Herojipps

P.S. If you mess up in survival and have to manually tear down every time, you will learn to improvise and make things look nice when they look like trash. or you will learn to build things nice the first time. that's my two cents on a matter that is very important to me. Could anyone tag the world staff members, their opinions are important on this matter, just a little bit.

Tagging some people:
@Sevak , @Sevrish , @Feyona , @Cayorion @Kellock93

Last edited:
Sounds like a great idea to me

MassiveCraft used to have a seperate world called The Grid, where players were assigned a plot to build in. Most people used their plots for building competitions, but there wasn't really a big world staff back then, not like you have now. Simply put, there were just not enough staff to maintain the grid, assign new plots and clear out old plots that were no longer in use.

From what I recall, the topic was up for debate to bring it back, but it stayed in the lower "reaches" of the staff and never really made it's way up to the people that could have made a final desicion on the matter.

Personally I think The Grid concept was good, it was just poorly maintained and ended up being terribly messy. It would be cool to see something like this implemented again but with regards to many other plugins probably in the works at this time, it would not take presedence.

With my experience in the Massive server, I learned that it's a really conservatory one. This is one of the reasons why it holds all the old players, but it's hard to attract new ones as well.

One bad point is that usually many people suggest lots of plugins that could be implemented, some being really nice ideas, like the brewery plugin, to make drinks and such, but some plugins can mess with Massive's code, meaning it would affect the whole pack. As I believe Cayorion is the only one who codes for Massive, new plugins that aren't supported by Massive's code will usually never see the light of the day.

Going back to the main subject of the thread, I think it has good points and possibly bad one as well, but I'll hold off making a detailed long post with pros and cons until the conversation develops a little further, and maybe when some more high ranking staff shows their opinions as well.