Crazy Idea For Massive Expansion

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by Jomdorr, Oct 10, 2013.

?

Do you like the idea?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  3. Not sure

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jomdorr

Jomdorr High Council member of The Algorian Empire

So massive craft has a whole multiverse hub unused and 800 slots now, has the team ever considered expanding the server into a new type of gameplay,

Throwing an absolutely mental idea out there, there are games on mc that are exceptionally popular like the good old hide and seek, and paintball and all this other kind of stuff, but I have one crazy idea that the server staff might think about,

No one has created a mod for minecraft football,

Why would I suggest this?

there are billions of fans for this game, many that play it irl, its an untapped minecraft market.

what you could do with this?

you could add a twist to the game and allow mobs to spawn on the pitch, you could allow teams to buy traps for the game, you could allow the purchase of boots for footy shoes and add benefits to them like speed and prot you could add in pots to make the game a little crazy, and when you score a goal your player should be set on fire but take no damage!

How it would work?

you could add a function for mc to have a square plant pot at your feet and redo the skin in a football texture, you know how lag sometimes shows the player out of place and a client can get out of sync with the server, maybe you could use this to make what we where as a hat appear at our feet instead? I know this is possible because players on hive hide and seek are reshaped as a plant pot when your hiding as one.

Gameplay,

Each team should have red names of blue names, to identify either side

To pass the ball a player should be within a 5 block radius and right click on them, you could add a capture the flag feature and allow them to drop wool all over the place to identify they have the ball.
    You should include a stamina bar, where exp is, whilst it is in the top 90 % players should be unable to steal the ball, as they sprint it should decrease I'm not sure how quickly but give a player a good 8-10 seconds of invulnerability, and the lower the stamina the more chance a player has take the ball, to tackle a ball you should right click on the opposing team and the stamina bar should increase and decrease alternating and if they get the bar to stop in the little green zone the tackle should be successful,
    How to score, well you could use the already existing flag pole idea with wool, and allow a player to transfer the football if they right click on the flag pole, it should allow them to select a bar like with a tackle if they get it to stop in the green zone the goal is scored and fireworks should go off behind the goal!!!!! If a goalie disrupts the shot then he should steal the ball, and should the goalie capture the ball the game should reset and whoevers a goalie caught it should start with the ball

It should be first to three

Players should automatically reset to starting positions and the ball should be started with the team that failed to defend the goal when a goal is scored

You could add in variety of players

For example a striker has better ability to score, so a bigger green bar when clicking on the flag poles

Midfielders should have a better range for passing

Defenders should be able to tackle easier

Goalie should have ability to dive, (teleport forwards two blocks to get in the way of a striker, using space bar or something or a double right click?) and also a batter ability to tackle

Prems should get ability to choose positions, and 25% more pionts, pionts should be used for upgrades and pot purchase,
    Prems should've gameplay priority

22 players per game so it won't be taxing on the server if each game is hosted on its own ip or however many games you feel necessary in one world,

Trivia,

Players should not loose hunger

Players if they loose hearts down to half a heart there food should decrease bellow 3 food bits

Players should be unable to die

With every reset a player should replenish 3 hearts (or how ever many you feel)

It should be easy progression so new players can get stuck in, and then there should be really difficult god boots for like 10000 points so players who like the game will repeat custom.

Mods should appear as a referee :P

should be no to foul, it's stupid.

If this idea is totally rejected I will take it elsewhere just thought massive could snatch this one first.
    It's particularly aimed @cay
    What are people's thoughts? If everyone is posting "this is a roleplay only server rawwwwr" please don't post, just leave a dissagree or a vote against, I'd rather not be spammed with alerts for hate, I request suggestion and discussion on the subject, no get lost posts please.
    Edit: English football

• Constructive Constructive x 1
  2. Jomdorr

3. Overlordqwerty

Overlordqwerty Traveler

Is this the foot ball you use your feet in all the time or one of the ones you can pick it up in?

Foot ball refers to games involving a ball that are not played on a horse. Different countries call different games 'foot ball'.

4. EyebrowsJ

EyebrowsJ Regalian Pioneer

I think this is soccer... or is it American Football?

5. DankeeYankee

DankeeYankee Beggar

6. Billy_Rage

Billy_Rage The heart of a lover, the soul of a writer

I think a RP server should focus on RP, not minigames.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Distrugator

Distrugator

Agreed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cayorion

Cayorion Server Founder

We have had discussions withing the team about whether to expand into minigames or perhaps add a science fiction roleplay universe etc. Right now it looks like we are going to do medieval fantasy roleplaying only. The reason being you must specialize to become great.

When I work on something I have to choose one of many things. Right now I chose to create the plugin MassiveQuest and not minigames. And after that I'm going to focus on improving combat features instead of minigames and after that I might work more on Factions instead of minigames etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

That is the EXACT SAME THING MONMARTY SAID......copycat.

10. xFatalFlames

xFatalFlames Telperion Ainur

Didn't read through your entire wall of text, however this idea while not bad has been thought up by multiple huge servers. Trust me I know this. Thing is most people don't want to play with a ball in minecraft, a lot of minecraftfeed want fast paced action, not a game you can go outside and play. While many people like watching it and playing it, they don't want to play it in minecraft. Here are some more problems.

-requires player side modification, highly unlikely you can do it completely server side.

-most players won't openly download something.

11. obsidiandragon

obsidiandragon

ok. i will state my entire argument with this in 3 words:
    make sci-fi instead.
    although you could do british foot ball with some simple stuff, like inverted slimes, minecarts and block display.

12. Shawzie

Shawzie The kitten

Sounds ok but could lag the server

13. Terence29

Terence29 "Kittyhulk"

Crazy Idea indeed.

14. Ridgee

Ridgee P.I.

I think this is a bad idea as football was not even invented (Atleast I dont think :L)

15. Jomdorr

okay no worries just if you were interested in my idea I would have left it here, I'm sure another mini game server will welcome it :)

16. Jomdorr

I totally disagree, Arguable one of the most popular mini games is hide and seek, that's the most un fast paced game in the world

17. xFatalFlames

xFatalFlames Telperion Ainur

I was trying to avoid naming servers because it's a form of advertisement. Hide and seek is sort of fast paced, that's why the maps are small on every server with that mini game. It's also not really hide and seek its based off the computer game prop hunt, so it alreadys have some computer based support. Football does have some console based games, but any football games on the computer haven't taken off. One of the large reasons for this is the mobility you lose switching from console to the computer.

Also is the author of this thread speaking about American football or American soccer aka English football?

What you must understand, is also that large servers strive for uniqueness, to separate themselves from the normal servers and gain players, therefore gain money. Why is massive popular? I can think of two reasons, one is that is been around for quite some time. The second would be that it's staff have had a great success in achieving the atmosphere that they promise. I could name several more examples including the server I help run, however I believe any from of advertisement is against any servers rules, so in summary football isn't exactly the uniquest route you could go.

18. Jomdorr

Meh I simply dissagree entirely let's just agree to dissagree, I'm talking about English football :)

19. igel_son

igel_son Former Tavern Keeper in Regalia.

Isn't it wierd that American football is called "football" when they rarely kick the ball? :S
    Soccer makes sence to call football, since it's not allowed to touch the ball with hands at all.

haha, sorry for the off topic :P

• Like Like x 1
  20. Eledana

Eledana Barely present

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Jomdorr

Oh your so hilarious XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.