Court Circular #8

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by SpunSugar, Jul 22, 2021.

1. SpunSugar

SpunSugar Audacity Vendor

[​IMG]

Many a poem has been written about the shades of the sea during a storm. Murky gray, inky black, mottled blue. And while the colors might be argued, or the exact ephemeral sounds that the waves make as they crash to the shore, one thing is always certain - once the storm hits the shore, there’s always collateral damage.

We start with the assembly, as the Imperial Regent’s decree from last week finally bloomed into a full flower. Every family that currently holds a seat in the assembly was required to submit some proposal to the floor. Many seemed eager to push their changes forward, but our Lord Chancellor faced a vote of no confidence put into motion by Count Hengest Harhold. It was the first proposal on the floor and the gasps were audible! He put himself forward, and so did the Grand Duchess Viduggla, as well as the newly returned Duke Castley. The proposal was seemingly out of nowhere, and the voting blocs in the Assembly Hall agreed. It was soundly defeated, the votes against Her Eminence could be counted on one hand.

But even that did not quiet all the dissent in the assembly hall! Indeed, the Duke-Come-Lately Castely seemed to have many opinions to share with the assembly. But if the grumblings from the seats were any indication, his obtuse ramblings were not well-received by the peerage at large. He railed against the government while also simultaneously asking to enlarge it. A strange notion, but even stranger ones are bound to be ahead in a few weeks time.

What was an odd sight was one of the Grand Duchess Viduggla and the Lady Eva Wulfmacht were seen absconding with animals from a pet store that was owned by the Duchess Mac Conall. Leaving a crime scene with animals in tow was something that set the city’s tongues wagging.

New appointments were made in the Imperial Court this week. Duke Laeroth Minarith and Lady Maliyah Kassambara have been named Master and Mistress of Celebrations, while Duchess Acelina Litvinova has been named a Mistress of Societeur. Finally, the ever controversial Grand Duke Florian Peirgarten has been named Master of Melepele.

It is our hope that the Grand Duke Peirgarten displays more sensitivity to our allies' cultures than he did our own veterans after his shameful display on the Assembly Floor. He and the Grand Duke Petrou revelled in making light of our military veteran’s illnesses. Going so far as to call them weak of faith for their sicknesses. I think that all of my readers join in a singular prayer that either of these men will ever be called upon to minister to the ill of the Empire.

One person who is excelling at such a prospect is Archduchess Sorenvik. She deftly countered any arguments towards breaking up the efficiencies of the Alms Ministry in serving the Regalian Capital and abroad during this past Assembly. All those who have witnessed the sheer volume of work that the Alms Ministry does can attest that the Archduchess truly has the good of the people in her heart.

And while the dutiful continue on serving the Empire, there’s an equal amount of sly cats ducking down dark alleys as the summer marches on. A few illicit romances, raging jealousies between lovers, and even, if rumors prove true (and mine always do) a torrid love affair between a tender lady of a liberal culture and a lord of one most conservative. While this author hesitates to point a finger out of concern for the sweet lady’s safety - mark my words, gentle readers, wedding bells will be ringing soon. But whether it’s at the point of a sword is yet to be seen!

There’s a storm on the wing, dear readers. You can smell it on the breeze and see it on the horizon. I daresay my next publication may just cause a downpour.

• Winner Winner x 13