Copywrited Pictures

Discussion in 'Help Central' started by Neon_57, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon_57

Neon_57 The Wanderer Supremium

So I when bored look for pictures of how I imagine my rp characters, and I wanted to show my friends a few of the pictures of how I imagine them but I saw this

• Do not post copyrighted material
      • " This can only be done if you have express permission from the owner, and if it does not violate our or others' terms of service. Also, do not post copyrighted materials such as book or magazine scans. " on the forums rules and wasn't sure if posting pictures of these in private conversations with friends would fall into this. I assumed not because people use pictures of fantasy characters that ressemble their characters that they don't own. But i just wanted to make sure before.

2. Izolda

Izolda Nerd thing

I believe this rule is in place solely for people posting these images on their threads or places publicly visible. IDon'
    I believe this rule is in place solely for people posting these images on their threads or places publicly visible. I don't see why it would matter if you sent it to someone in a private conversation. If it's really and issue though, you could always just link them the image instead of just posting it? I don't think there would be any problem with linking it since it takes them to the original image location. I'm sure a staff will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm a fairly confident this would be perfectly fine.

3. Imboring56

Imboring56 Seasoned Runner

What the forum staff mean by this is the following:
    • Do not use images and CLAIM THEM AS YOUR OWN. That is really the major rule-breaker.
    • Most of the images out there are posted with a Creative Commons license (not sure though cause I am not invested in art-sharing sites). This means that they can be used by other people as long as they are given credit.
    • And to be quite honest, I doubt people would come after a small Minecraft server after one user decided to use one of their images without permission for something like this. It just doesn't happen.
    • This rule more so applies to material like copied literature, games, torrents, etc. These will not be tolerated on the forums.
    Tl;dr: You can post images on the forums as long as you can find it online. :)

~ imboring56

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MokeDuck

MokeDuck Hail the duckfather!
    1. The Glorious Kingdom of Celetil

i have a question, can i sing songs from the Silmarillion (edited to be lore-compliant of course) in-game or would that be illegal.
    btw i think that these are less massivecraft questions and more questions for google to answer, just realized that.

5. Thortuna

Thortuna ThunderQueen of MassiveCraft

You can make songs i guess from whatever you want. Alot of people do it. Take lyrics and change them to your own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.