Pending Review Conquest Reforged Server Support

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by indyfan98, Aug 18, 2018.

?

Should Conquest Reforged, if possible, be supported by the server?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Possibly

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. No

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. indyfan98

indyfan98 I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.

Conquest Reforged Website and Promo Video
    https://conquestreforged.com/
    Hello, Indyfan98 here! I bring with you great news of Conquest Reforged! This mod allows you to, in Minecraft, place close to 6000 new blocks. This, as you can tell, is very useful. I have tested it on a server other than Massivecraft, and it seemed to work up until I placed a block. It seems the server I tested it on did not support the mod. However, I'm curious if Massivecraft could support the mod while supporting vanilla players.

Massivecraft's resource pack is already based heavily off of Conquest. The new textures, therefor, would not seem out of place. Many of the blocks, if I am reading the Block IDs correctly, are actually vanilla blocks, but remodeled to things like fireplaces, bushes, trees, columns, mossy variants, etc.

I have not tested this mod on Massivecraft for the fact that it is not an approved mod, and I would hate to get banned from Massive. However, I could see this becoming an approved mod, should it work on the server. This would give build staff great flexibility when building Regalia, and would add a ton of things for faction players to work with. Builds could be so much more three-dimensional, with subtle texture to the builds. If you haven't, yet, click the link at the top of the thread to see some example builds made using Conquest Reforged. This, along with Massivebound, I could see providing so much variety to the world. Many players already use More Player Models, Massivebound, and the Massivecraft Resource Pack. This would just be one extra layer of depth to the building process. Players who use it will be in on some great builds, while players who don't, hopefully don't lose out on the Massivecraft experience.

I hope you all love the idea of this MASSIVE mod, and I hope you have a Massive day!

2. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

If somehow it worked so that vanilla players could be fine, I'd be all for it.

Though with most mods that add features in beside client sided cosmetics, it is not compatible with vanilla server, which Massive is. The way to get around this is doing some voodoo with resource packs to change textures in different biomes or block heights, which is possible but might not be feasible with other matters of importance.

And then there's 1.13 removing block ids entirely so who knows how conquest will adapt to that. Only time will tell.

I'd be down to have more blocks and stuff, but I'm always going to champion the vanilla players in server needs.

• Powerful Powerful x 2