Competition - Lyrics For Colonial Hymn

JResurrected

Broken On the Stone
Reaction score
Faction
Asteria
Hello People of Massivecraft!

This is an announcement for the lyrical writers of Massivecraft to send in original lyrics for a Unionist hymn which I have composed. The winner will be recognized for their work and guaranteed a 100 Regal reward.

The following elements are required for your lyrics to qualify:
  • The hymn must have four different Verses, a Pre-Chorus, and a Chorus.
  • The hymn must mimic the style of a traditional Baptist hymn, or similar.
  • The lyrics must speak of one or more aspects of the Unionist faith, i.e., the Ten Creeds, the Emperor, or the Imperial Spirit.
  • The lyrics must match the tone of the accompanying music, the link to which is posted at the bottom of this thread.

As for the melody, a recording is available in the link below. The written melody can be found as a PDF at the bottom of this thread.

Link to Colonial Hymn Melody

Enrollment in this competition will be accepted between Friday, August 16 and Sunday, August 18 at 12 AM EST. Please leave a friendly post on this thread within the allotted time if you wish to compete.

After enrollment, admissions will be accepted through a Private Message (Conversation) on Massivecraft Forums between Monday, August 19 and Friday, August 23 at 12 AM EST.

This competition, and the results thereof, are not meant for profit or praise, but rather to enrich the roleplay experience for players on Massivecraft.

In the Spoiler below is a brief recap of the important information in this post.

What?: A competition for lyrical writers on Massivecraft to write a Unionist Hymn.
Where?: Here on the Forums!
When?: Enrollment between Friday, August 16 and Sunday, August 18 at 12 AM EST.
Admissions between Monday, August 19 and Friday, August 23 at 12 AM EST.
Why?: Enriching Massivecraft culture, receiving credit for lyrics, and earning 100 Regals!

Thank you all so much, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Link to Colonial Hymn - Instrumental

Attachments