Comparing Admins Of Different Communities

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Korgex12, Sep 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korgex12

Korgex12 Spoopy Hackerman
    1. Anime Alliance!

Add a description of how interactions of certain communities. Try to keep the community relatively vague such as a single game or genre of servers for said game. It'll be interesting to see the full list of how different admins for different games work. You are only allowed to do one, after which you need to wait for three posts to follow yours to do a new one.

2. Korgex12

1. Anime Alliance!

(Most) Minecraft Servers: Generally super helpful to the community and most serious rules are common among all servers and minor rules require several warnings for moderate punishment. They are also responsible for a lot of server growth and new features.

3. FlugalMC

FlugalMC Some goddamn idiot

Massives biggest RP competitor: allows pedophiles to ERP with underage kids as long as they’re on discord, is inactive, circlejerks to their own abuse, doesn’t do crap about the severe toxicity and blatant harassment in their community, and hunts for reasons to ban people they don’t like.
    Also daily reminder the Dominion will soon fall,

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
  4. Conflee

Conflee Not drunk I swear.
    1. += The Ruby Hand =+

Is Hypixel the player still actually alive or are they frozen in ice like Walt Disney?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. G0atfather

G0atfather The Goat

I forgot he was a player tbh

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Q1ntum_shot

Q1ntum_shot That guy with a top hat

This server isn’t really about rp but it’s good enough

The admins are chill unless you break the rules the. You get a warning problem is multiple admins can send a warning that totally hasn’t got me temp banned for an hour over accidentally spamming

Pretty much everyone had it done to them at least once

7. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Cast Aside Thine Thots

Dark RP on Gmod
    Either a twelve year old on a power trip, or a sixteen year old on a power trip
    Few take it seriously, but some are actually really trying to help

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. AtticCat

AtticCat Dolittle's Favorite
    1. The Insani Inquisition

Watchdog is a god getting those floaty boys out of my skywars

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  9. FlugalMC

Why do you still play GMod? I was one of their biggest server owners and even I quit that game.

10. Korgex12

1. Anime Alliance!

For me, I mostly just screw around and do dumb crap. It's a great game for that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. FlugalMC

I can’t even join a server without harassment on that game.

12. CnocBride

CnocBride Mash 'em, Boil 'em, Stick 'em in a stew.

As always, these threads (threads that have the ability to cause controversy and differing opinion) need to be conducted in a way that is both respectful towards community members, be it players or staff. Also be mindful that there may be people of other communities on the forums, so please, it's great to express opinions but emphasize respect. Please do not allow this to descend into argumentative insults, please.

• Educated Educated x 1
    #12 CnocBride, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  13. Last_Link

Last_Link Dont be that guy

No u

14. dogbew

dogbew Beggar

Seriously Link? C'mon man we've talked about this..

15. Last_Link

Last_Link Dont be that guy

sorry dad

16. MyCatBubbles

MyCatBubbles Watcher of the Watchmen, Executor of Regalians

still fairer then alot of staff on this server cause they actually have to talk to you and have to know what you've done and why you've done it before punishing you so ay

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  17. GOD___TM

GOD___TM fek jimmy im banned again

few takes your posts seriously with that pic

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  18. AtticCat

one to talk

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. GOD___TM

one to talk

20. Creamiest

Creamiest Living in Greyscale

I feel like your trying to say it advocates for pedophilia, which if it does, it would have been reported to Mojang themselves because under no circumstances should this be happening on a game meant for children, because as far as I know or have come to know of the server you're hinting at, it doesn't "Allow pedophiles" rather it is unaware of it happening because you are unable to see into discord logs, unlike in game where logs can be pulled up. Partially because those involved keep it private. So please refrain from publicly shaming something that is difficult to control, especially when this server has also had to deal with underage infractions.

And as someone who knows the running of some of the staff positions on the server I can say that yes there are some people who use their mineman powers to abuse in a kids game? because for some reason it fills them with joy?? Whereas its difficult to do that on Massive because it is nothing like the other server, there isn't a need to cheat in items or dupe them, nor is there a reason to suck up to staff because you won't really benefit anything from them. I deserve a place on the event team

While I know from personal experience the first hand level of toxicity the server spews, they have been making reforms as to try and control the masses but it is still difficult unless someone sees the harassment, records it and submits it to staff. as far as i'm concerned most people just ignore those who are being toxic and if they choose to they can act on it if it upsets them.

But for the final statement I will somewhat agree with they only look for people they hate and pull out some stupid reason to ban them, it has happened in front of me many times, and I have acted upon the behalf of some players to try and gain a second opinion from an admin or the moderator who banned them. But with so many communities, raids and wars it's easy to pick sides which some staff forget they need to remain the voice of reason when it comes to conflict resolution.

However I am not calling everyone there at fault of one crime or the other, in fact some of my old friends are still staff on there and personally knowing them, they are doing everything in their power to control the server, but it is still a difficult process to do.

I want to say this in clear view, I am not for or against any server in the way they run things. Both are different, the same goes for any platform used for roleplay. I am speaking from personal experience on both servers and some information i've been told through the walls, I cannot say with a clear statement which presents itself to the community better, because its ludicrous to play favourites on topics such as this, we are all entitled to an opinion and you are welcome to disagree with something i've said.
    Creamiestforeventteamthanks

• Agree Agree x 1
    #20 Creamiest, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  21. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Cast Aside Thine Thots

yeah but I'm not trying to assert myself over others in a position of power nor am I trying to actually be all that serious, so I wouldn't really expect people to take my posts seriously lol

Why the DS hate my dude :(

22. GOD___TM

creamy stfu your not an staff so you cant do jack

23. Creamiest

No, but I did work closely with the wiki team, admin team, and the event team :) even though I wasn't given a staff position I still did my part in giving ideas and advice to the community. Even as a player I was determined to help others out, although I may not act like it now, I still did help a lot of people there.

And you as a player can do a lot for yourself, I gave up the opportunity for two staff positions because at the time I was already managing school, giving new players tours and also writing an in game lore book for Herbal Medicine. But allow me not to stray on the past and instead focus my attention back onto your quote.

Players have the ability to voice an opinion on certain areas such as the wiki, some parts of lore and even add onto the lore, while you don't have the power to /ban or /mute players, you can do a lot just by coming up with ideas for Regalia v5, suggest new events and storylines.

So just because you aren't a blueberry, shouldn't make you turn sour just because you feel like you can't help out with the community, I know personally that MonMarty is much more involved than any director i've seen on any roleplaying media, and I am nevertheless proud of the work he puts into it. This is just one of the many differences between Massive and other medieval/fantasy platforms, what I have personally noticed is how much effort goes into planning out progressions, events and new races to even new lands being discovered. Although there are some grey areas in my eyes of my own encounters with staff on here, I still remain unbiased and will not in my own words hold a grudge to any of them because simply put they get their job done correctly.

Stillwishcreativewasherebutokay

24. Winterless

Winterless Devil of Hell's Kitchen Staff Member Game1
    1. Argost

Well said. There was this mentality in the past that players were unable to contribute in any way to the server direction, hell I even had that mentality when I was a player. With things like the Factions and PvP Thinktanks, and Suggestions for Regalia V5 as well as wiki stuff like writing prompts there are plenty of avenues to contribute to the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Winterless

1. Argost

Watchdog is garbage

26. GOD___TM

just because you work closely dosent make you one setdown kid

27. Creamiest

No it doesn't but it gives me a right to try and point out some unreliable comments made in this thread, and I am not one for being all prissy and polly but this thread will ultimately lead to a clash of heads.

28. CnocBride

Aye, the Game Department have been trying to drop this player attitude of us being a "brick wall" and steaming on ahead with changes with no acknowledgement from players. We've been trying to break down those barriers and allow for easier staff-player communication on plenty of matters. Our new Discords for various issues are ways that we are attempting to do so.

29. AtticCat

No u

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  30. GOD___TM

hahahha says staff likes her when they actually dont liek her at all

31. CnocBride

Ok, this is descending into an argument. Please take these grievances elsewhere, rather than spreading them on the forums.

32. Creamiest

[​IMG]

33. GOD___TM

hey what faction are you in this time

• Educated Educated x 1
  34. Genecide65

Genecide65 Scrooge McDuck

well this is a yikes

35. hardname12

hardname12 1v7 no potz

staff ban players who get good at pvp and accuse them of a hack that doesn't exist omega lul love you all Epic Gamers!

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  36. Winterless

1. Argost

I like her so your hypothesis is incorrect

• Powerful Powerful x 4
  37. GOD___TM

thats a lie your not real staff your more of a joke staff really

• Educated Educated x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  38. Winterless

1. Argost

Gonna have to try harder than that to make me mad tbh

That being said I'm gonna have to ask you to stop being toxic and cease your attempts to derail threads or rustle jimmies

39. Percuriam

Percuriam The Storyteller Staff Member Lore3

This thread has devolved into essentially just spreading toxicity, and doesn't really have a place here in our community. We like to support the opinions of our players, but do not want to encourage talking bad about other communities. Thread is locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.