Archived Combat Tag

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imboring56

Seasoned Runner
Reaction score
I would like to suggest this plugin:
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-mods/combat-tag/
My reasoning:
1) Prevents combat logging and discourages it without the help of staff members.
2) Currently, when you are usually jailed for combat logging, you don't often have to return the items you got from logging, if any. This way, people still get the death on them, drop their stuff, and lose faction power.
3) Improves RP by making it so that people simply cannot flee from a fight by magically disappearing into thin air, leaving absolutely no trace and then reappearing a moment later.

Simple. Easy. Comments?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It is about time someone mentioned this.

I like the idea but wouldn't it be better if, after sharding was finished, an in house plugin like this was made. It could use the, already working, pacifist true or false feature. So if pacifist is false you cant log off safely.

I like the idea but wouldn't it be better if, after sharding was finished, an in house plugin like this was made. It could use the, already working, pacifist true or false feature. So if pacifist is false you cant log off safely.

It isn't finished? ._. We're already running on 1000 member spacing.

Seems like a healthy plugin, will suggest to cayorion.

Finally! With this people will suffer for the crimes they hath commited!

Well but sometimes you gotta think about some people with Internet problem and Iam leaving far away from where the Server is hosted so if my connection disconnected A.K.A lag out or crash I lose my stuff? Or let's say I constantly lagged out/crash because I use mods then is this Fair for some of us?

Well but sometimes you gotta think about some people with Internet problem and Iam leaving far away from where the Server is hosted so if my connection disconnected A.K.A lag out or crash I lose my stuff? Or let's say I constantly lagged out/crash because I use mods then is this Fair for some of us?

Now why are you using mods?!?!?!?

If your Internet is crappy, why are you even fighting? Even if you are, and it's one of those unlucky moments, oh well. Many others and I have dealt with people blaming it on "British Internet" or something else of the sort. If you happen to be one of those people, too bad. That's all I can say for you.

If your Internet is crappy, why are you even fighting? Even if you are, and it's one of those unlucky moments, oh well. Many others and I have dealt with people blaming it on "British Internet" or something else of the sort. If you happen to be one of those people, too bad. That's all I can say for you.
So it's = to no fair?

You really don't get it. We don't die, it's the trolls that die. However, to prevent it, they log. That is more unfair and common than your Internet conveniently logging you out when you are almost dead, right in the middle of a serious fight,

Besides, at least you aren't jailed or banned. You just lose your inventory, which you would've lost anyway because you were almost dead.

You really don't get it. We don't die, it's the trolls that die. However, to prevent it, they log. That is more unfair and common than your Internet conveniently logging you out when you are almost dead, right in the middle of a serious fight,

Besides, at least you aren't jailed or banned. You just lose your inventory, which you would've lost anyway because you were almost dead.
Cough sorry , cough now that you said this it kinda makes since now xD soz

I personally would prefer what was said farther up the thread, about it being tied to pacifist true/false, if false then it works, if true then it doesn't. I personally don't have any experience with the problem that this would address, only how it could go wrong, so I think pacifist or not at all. That is my opinion.

I have been told by Cayorion that Combat Tag will crash the server and will have to be remade when 1.6 comes out. He has said that this will have to wait until 1.6 comes out.

Thus, you may either lock this thread or keep it open until then to gather other suggestions and complaints. It is completely your choice, for I do not care until 1.6 comes out, which will probably be soon.

I agree, it was time that someone suggested this plugin and specially when there is already an excisting plugin for it so Cayorion doesn't have to spend the same amount of time. I would like to see this inplemented when someone have time to do it. Good job.

I would say no this is a bad idea.

1. Just record it if someone if combat logging continuously
2. You are sometimes disconnected due to lag while pvping
3. You sometimes have to disconenct while pvping due to not being able to hit/get hit or lagging+rubber banding

OR
The console can read how you log out right? Then, if you disconnect it will read you did by yourself, and with pacifist false it would kill you/leave your npc with your items there. However, if it reads that you disconnected from a generic reason(connection lost) then it won"t put an npc/auto kill you? Just a thought.

I don't like this idea because sometimes someone actually is disconnected by the server, so if you are that paranoid about people combat logging record when you fight, and then if they log off during pvp, show a staff member and they will see if it was a disconnect or if it was a combat log. Also possibly make one of the outher options: No It is a Shit Idea An option so you can see more results as to what people think.

OR
The console can read how you log out right? Then, if you disconnect it will read you did by yourself, and with pacifist false it would kill you/leave your npc with your items there. However, if it reads that you disconnected from a generic reason(connection lost) then it won"t put an npc/auto kill you? Just a thought.
Couldn't you just yank the internet cable or kick the modem really hard?

I would say no this is a bad idea.

1. Just record it if someone if combat logging continuously
2. You are sometimes disconnected due to lag while pvping
3. You sometimes have to disconenct while pvping due to not being able to hit/get hit or lagging+rubber banding

No matter how much i like this idea Bsavs have a point. I personally experience a lot of internet problems and i would not like if I would disconnect under a battle and instead it would create a npc villigare which would maybe have my items and I would be killed.

So it's a hard decision. I like the idea but the risk of getting internet problems is kind off big.
But yes i like this.

This comes with risk. My general rule is if you have sucky Internet that logs you out every 5 minutes, then don't fight.

This comes with risk. My general rule is if you have sucky Internet that logs you out every 5 minutes, then don't fight.
This is kinda the general rule of PVP in every game. Reaction time is everything. If your hardware cant keep up when you try to throw the punches, you're gonna have a bad time.
if-you-forget-to-put-text-on-your-meme-your-gonna-have-a-bad-time_c_834474.jpg

You can't avoid fighting all the time. If your faction is raided and you leave the game to stay safe, after being hit once, it is not preferable to have another you for raiders to kill.

I have played on many servers with this plugin, and it works wonders. Combat logging is only ever done by people who dont know about the plugin (noobs), and so it makes fighting very easy and fair when it comes to actually being able to fight.

You can't avoid fighting all the time. If your faction is raided and you leave the game to stay safe, after being hit once, it is not preferable to have another you for raiders to kill.
Why not just leave the game before you get hit? I mean, it would be pretty convenient to log off right after you get hit when you could've just gotten off earlier.

Why not just leave the game before you get hit? I mean, it would be pretty convenient to log off right after you get hit when you could've just gotten off earlier.

And it won't be considered PVP logging, considering you were never in combat in the first place.[DOUBLEPOST=1371170643,1371170516][/DOUBLEPOST]
Couldn't you just yank the internet cable or kick the modem really hard?

Then it would be a pain for some computers to reconnect to the internet, and then they need to refresh their servers, and then experience real lag for a few seconds, and also if they lose connection they will still get really hurt anyway from what is really happening. I really doubt though someone has their modem in arm's reach to log by destroying your internet.

Actually, all you have to do is do alt-F4, or CRTL-Q, to make it so that the console would detect that it was a connection problem. It's too buggy to be added in.

You could, but I mean in the case of surprise. Half the time one gets raided, one doesn't know it until they are under direct attack. In a surprise attack you can't dodge that well, since you don't know that you need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.