Choices

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by FatDumplingGrace, Sep 26, 2022.

1. FatDumplingGrace

FatDumplingGrace Refugee

Yala had sunk her weary body into the bed, a pounding headache resulting in today's activities. The letter, why did she send that damned letter? She couldn't think of it much, because before she knew it, she drifted off into sleep.

She was standing at Greygate square, all alone and with nobody else around her. As she turned and looked forward, The Prophet was there, standing in his usual robe and mask. Her eyes widened.

"Prophet?"

As if on cue, the Prophet themselves began to change and morph, a ghastly figure, of twisting silver scales and large black mandibles, each with razor sharp teeth. A scream emitted from the mouth of the once former Priest, as it started to slither forward toward Yala.

Summoning her rapier at once, the Fin'ullen sought to move to block the monstrous Priest, "Prophet! Stop!" She cried, moving to disarm their with her classic trick. They reared up, growling and hissing, "/You lied/!" They screeched again, moving forward.

"Prophet! Stop! This isn't you! Please listen to me! I'm sorry!"

The Priest faltered, slowing, Yala gave a sigh of relief, he was a monster, but not dumb.

"Listen - I know it looks bad, but I didn't want this all to happen. I wrote the letter and didn't think anything of it, I didn't know you would get so angry at me. I ran away and lied. I'm sorry, but what you said at Greygate was also not ok. I heard it." She said firmly. "You made the choices you made, and all you did is lie. Then you got into my head and started talking to me, and speaking like it was my fault."

The Slizzar's eyes narrowed, as Yala took out her necklace and thumbed over it.

"I understand your angry at me, but to be fair, you /where/ the one who had that reaction. Please, this isn't you. I know your hurt and angry, but it doesn't do anything to be this angry all the time."

The Slizzar's shape slowly melted down into that of his normal form, before dissipating into a cloud of silver. She let out a sigh, lowering her sword, left in his place was the burning sigil of Nox on the ground, which to, slowly faded. She knew that more that just the sigil had faded, she felt the presence of the Dragon Deity fade. It was gone, and she was left with what felt like a void in the pit of her stomach, a stinging reminder of her betrayal.

And of his choices.

• Winner Winner x 1