Archived Chemistry In Massivecraft!

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

5devildragon

Returning
Reaction score
Sorry about this second idea, but this one I would love to hear opinions so badly!

In the next update (1.7) there will be the new custom made potions with command blocks, but you know how's there is custom crafting recipes, yes being able to put random things in potions to even give it the smallest of effects would be awesome, also if someone like cay liked the idea, than he could make secret recipes we have to figure out on our own and such. This means that you could do nether wart- dirt- leaves- and get like a 2 second regeneration potion, but we wouldn't have known how to do that until we discovered it, that's right regalia's academy can actually do Chemistry research!

If this becomes good at all even, then I swear to study lots

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hmm, might open more possibilities for alchemist for rp.

you do realize massivecraft and Aloria are not the real world, alchemy would make much more sense for the time period and the rp, that what I think Katie was trying to say.

-slowly tip toes out of the room- Good luck with your idea...

This, friends is what MineChem is for. look up the mod, it's SUPER amazing and it gets this chem buff's approval :)

It's very hard to do something like that with plugins. MAYBE custom brewing recipies for alchemy and such and compounds, but that's IF custom brewing recipies have been cracked already, because I know they were a pain in the butt to do when they first came out.

In Aloria chemistry=alchemy. Also this would be a good idea, though it would be a bit hard to code and could take the value of "special" potions away, like the ones you can buy at the tavern, it would be great for rp. Alchemy is a vastly un-explored rp field, and if implimented this could make characters want to become alchemists and possibly create an economy for custom potions.

In Aloria chemistry=alchemy. Also this would be a good idea, though it would be a bit hard to code and could take the value of "special" potions away, like the ones you can buy at the tavern, it would be great for rp. Alchemy is a vastly un-explored rp field, and if implimented this could make characters want to become alchemists and possibly create an economy for custom potions.
I know it'll be really hard, but the fact of some science in rp would be great, but have you seen cay's previous feats like factions, mcmmo, ect. He is doing a great job

Alchemy is basically considered to be potions that increase your "Life energy" or whatever. You know, that kind of thing. So it's basically the same thing when you consider how potions in Minecraft heal damage, make you heal faster, make you stronger, faster, ect ect. I don't think you needed to correct her on that one.

Alchemy is basically considered to be potions that increase your "Life energy" or whatever. You know, that kind of thing. So it's basically the same thing when you consider how potions in Minecraft heal damage, make you heal faster, make you stronger, faster, ect ect. I don't think you needed to correct her on that one.

Alchemy, according to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, is "a medieval chemical science and speculative philosophy aiming to achieve the transmutation of the base metals into gold, the discovery of a universal cure for disease, and the discovery of a means of indefinitely prolonging life". Both of you are right! :)

This sounds like a cool idea. Another facet of roleplaying.

Well, this way people could have their own breweries and taverns.

I see an opportunity for making money (mm)

Haste..give haste II please...and splash blindness II OMG it's gonna add so much stuff to pvp tho :) I kinda want to see that happen in Massivecraft ;) like a Regen + 1 gold block and diamond = haste would be cool.

Sorry I have not read all of the lore and forgot most of it from previous times, ill look into it again

If this post gets good attention ill consider looking more into the idea and discuss it with others

Alchemy, according to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, is "a medieval chemical science and speculative philosophy aiming to achieve the transmutation of the base metals into gold, the discovery of a universal cure for disease, and the discovery of a means of indefinitely prolonging life". Both of you are right! :)
Exactly, Alchemy is not chemistry, maybe in the lore, but otherwise this was a science used to attempt some type of a utopia, but yeah, I guess there pretty close

Status
Not open for further replies.