Pending Review Chat Player Colors

Discussion in 'Server' started by Salier, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Salier

Salier M'Pope

Hey there. So basically I'm a former Lord of The Craft player, some of you from there might recognize me from there. When coming over from LoTC to Massivecraft, I found it difficult to educate myself with the new chat system, it was weird and hard to remember at first, but as time passed and I became more settled I learned to use it. But there's something I've always wanted to see be implemented onto Massivecraft, which I think could help immensely with organization in the chat when roleplaying with a large group of people.

No idea if this has been suggested before, but here goes! What I want to see implemented is colored chat text, basically you write in a command where you pick a color, and whatever you write shows up in that color, instead of the white it is now. I know that donators get a blue or yellow username, but what they say ingame stays white, this would change that.

Of course, I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

So long as it was more client sided I'd be in favor. I'd enjoy being able to set colors for myself and other players I talk to, and would help things out in terms of crowds.

3. Conflee

Conflee Me an the bois at 3 am lookin for BEANS!

Id be in favor of being able to assign chat colors for people. Personally the Dark Blue names aren't so good anyway, its hard to read. Making the Donor / Faction relation colors be in a symbol in front of the name only, and letting people pick colors for people themselves for ease of reading would be awesome.

Its not apt to be a quick thing though- most work is focused on Sharding at the moment. it would make group RP so much easier though.

4. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

You can already do this with Premium

5. Catonan

Catonan

To clarify the point made here; Salier means coloured chat in full. The name as well as what is said by the player. While coloured naming offers some ease to the eyes in large events, coloured chat as a whole would do far more.

6. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

In that case I like this idea- though only if it is client side.