Character Study: Modern-age Fashion

Discussion in 'Roleplay Discussion' started by Yigit, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Yigit

Yigit Undertaker

The thread title says it all, friends.

I was trying to choose what to wear to my daily exercise today and while looking through my pile of clothes I got this thought in my head. If your character lived in the modern day, right now in the year of 2020, what would their fashion sense be like? What clothes would they wear and for which occasions?

As it is customary for the threadmaker to answer first, I'll go ahead: Rodrigo Peirgarten would probably be a greaser. I can see him sporting a biker leather jacket and blue ripped jeans, with ankle-high boots. He's obviously got a motorcycle under him, so he's got to dress the part. He'd wear accessories such as sunglasses and watches, probably have a bunch of piercings on his ears and likely an eyebrow one as well. His preferred hairstyle would be a quiff or a pompadour. Let's not forget the switchblade comb.

Let me know what your characters would wear in modern day!

• Winner Winner x 4
  2. HoshiWomp

HoshiWomp animal doctor number 211

I LOVE THIS!!!

Ysil 'Mama' Yahdga would likely be working as an art teacher in college or high school so I imagine her with a paint and slip stained jean apron over whatever normal street clothes she'd have on. Her wild hair would be pinned up with a floral hair clip or two. She'd wear sandals and brightly colored, weirdly patterned socks. She'd probably have little natury or witchy tattoos on her wrists, fingers, and ankles.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. CyberMo01

CyberMo01 Not a Robot

I imagine Cieli would dress fashionably and essentially wear hipster clothing. She'd wear a lot of high wasted pants, high wasted skirts, graphic t-shirts, cardigans, and button-up shirts. She also wouldn't be opposed to wearing dresses, but they would be more casual dresses. Otherwise, she would still have the same piercings, and would probably still wear her hair up in a pony tail. I also feel like she would in general look put together and presentable. It would be rare to see her out and about in sweats, even for things that call for such.

Nallia would dress business casual for most things. She would wear a lot of turtle necks, dress pants, and such. Essentially, she would dress like she's going to work. Like Cieli she would have an aversion to dressing sloppy. But, unlike Cieli she would be less fashionable and dress more colorfully and for comfort. While she may dress like she's going to work, most of her clothing would be bright and colorful. Otherwise, her hair would still be in its same braid, and she would still have the same piercings.

Ayda would dress like shes apart of a motorcycle gang. I could see her wearing a lot of flannel, leather and jean jackes, combat boots, and ripped up jeans. Her hair style would largely remain the same, sans the braid down her back, and she would probably have a eyebrow piercing or two.

Selreth would dress like she's from the 80's. Lots of bright colors and loose baggy clothing, as well as scrunchies.

• Winner Winner x 2
    #3 CyberMo01, Mar 5, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  4. FeralGayWalnut

FeralGayWalnut Lesbian Worst Enemy

I’m doing all of my gals, you can’t stop me.

Seraphina:
    Sticking to the various head canons and the aesthetic I have for their Pinterest board, Sera is certainly the type to normally dress a bit like... well a suburban white dad. In the sense that one moment they could be wearing a collared polo shirt and khaki pants and then the next wearing a graphic t-shirt that says something ridiculous. Along with that, they’d be known to wear an aviator jacket or a leather jacket. Or on their more off days when they’re just lounging around the house? Gym rat. Tank tops, sweatpants, etc.

Josephine:
    I haven’t given much thought to sweet Josie. However! I would think she’d be the near definition of an outdoorsy junky. Always prepared and wearing clothes that aren’t about to get caught on anything: basic t-shirts, windbreakers, hiking boots and hiking pants/shorts. She’s probably the sort to have a backpack for a purse. And also the type to have a fanny pack... She’s always prepared man, within reason.

Theresia:
    And finally, the literal queen herself. Similarly to Sera, Sia already has an aesthetic. If I’m being entirely honest? She’s a grown up goth and it fits her. Or well gothic in a Victorian sense if that makes sense. Sia loves lacy materials and sheer fabrics. However, she’s very much known to wear a long black fur coat over her clothes. Is she essentially a goth Bond Villain? Yes. Do I care? Absolutely not. Theresia pulls off that wealthy-mysterious billionaire look with ease, even if she’s kind of a mess.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. G0atfather

G0atfather The G0atfather

Damon would be wearing a full black suit, plain and simple but fancy.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  6. CrimsletMonarch

CrimsletMonarch Priestess?? Dawn Songstress?? Emotional Wreck??

Novellia Fristadvlom would probably wear a lot of white, pink, light beige, red, and maybe some pastel shades in a rather soft prep style mixed with oriental motifs every now and again.

Welp, now I need to draw this.

7. JResurrected

JResurrected Broken On the Stone

Kurt Anthonis Smit would wear long-sleeve flannels and corduroy jackets, rugged jeans, and work boots or TOMS, depending on what's appropriate.

Dubale "Duke" Abez is a rascal who would wear sweats or harem pants, drug rugs or hoodies, over-sized t-shirts and tank tops, and sure to dawn a pair of J's with a favorite beanie hat to top.

#7 JResurrected, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  8. ZiggyStarDusted

ZiggyStarDusted *lute music stops*

Lazarus Lupenzi...Maybe a little bit like Brad Pitt’s character from Once Upon A Time one Hollywood, denim jacket, black shirt, belt with a pair of jeans and shades. - If not perhaps a collection of saggy colourful Hawaiian shirts like a true boomer.

Settimo dei Revello is a constant thrift shop goer, and it shows. Always adorned in all sorts of makeshift outfits of for the most part unknown brands/ torn or grungy clothing. The type of dude to buy cheap and nasty false Adidas/ Nike from a street vendor in China Town.

9. JResurrected

JResurrected Broken On the Stone

Hahaha, same for Duke on the thrift store clothes, especially the Nikes XD.