Archived Character Creation - Work In Progress Section

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Gwyndo

Scottish Egg
Reaction score
- If this idea's already up here somewhere, sorry :P -

I'll keep this shortish and simple,
The idea is basically this -

A section is added on the site, where you can post an unfinished character, without fear that it will /ever be deleted/.

The content in this section would never be deleted or removed [[Unless say... Six months of inactivity]]

I know the obvious answer would be to store a local backup, but I, and others I'm sure, lack any decent software for editing word documents.

And even so, once you've got the local backup, you've got to convert it into the style of the forums.

For example, I store a local backup of my character.
When I put it back up onto the forums, I've got to Bold all the headings again, get the spacing right again, add in certain colours and italics, etc.

I'm not saying this is necessary, it's just... useful, helpful, and something I'd like to see.

What's your opinion on the matter?
Leave a damn comment!

- If this idea's already up here somewhere, sorry :P -

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
With all due respect, I believe this is an unnecessary addition. One might adopt a 'why not?' attitude, but there are many reasons why not.
  • The work of creating and maintaining an extra forum node
  • Extra clutter added to the forums
  • A high volume of likely unneeded threads that will clog up the page
  • People may well forget about the threads and leave them, which is a pain even if they're deleted eventually
Furthermore, peer review threads only get deleted if they're inactive. Just place it in peer review and continue to work on it, making infrequent posts to denote its activity if necessary.

While i agree with Oxoman, it isn't needed.
Lack of decent software, let me help you.
LibreOffice
OpenOffice
IBM lotus symphony.
Google docs.

3 free sets of software, for documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
1 free browser and cloud based way to do the same.