Character Concept Help, Please?

Discussion in 'Help Central' started by TheBananasaurus, Jan 11, 2018 at 10:01 PM.

1. TheBananasaurus

TheBananasaurus

Hail, Massivecrafters (hope that's what you're called >_>)!

Before I get to the meat of it, I should admit I am very new to Minecraft in general, having only started playing last week on another server. Beyond that, I've been role-playing online since I was 15 (I'm 27), so I have a pretty good handle on THAT aspect, at least.

Here's my problem: after immersing myself in the lore, races, and rules at a basic level, I'm uncertain if my character concept is actually permitted or not. I'll list it out, and hope for some constructive criticism.

- I like Nordic and Medieval England-era themes.
    - I'd like to be human, elf, or a hybrid of the two, but it's not completely necessary.
    - I'd like my character to be an animal rancher. Nobody special, just a guy that lives in the woods and sells his wares in town.
    - I'd like to be a bow-user with a tamed wolf or dog animal companion (a classic "ranger" class).
    - And this last one I've found conflicting reports in your wiki and rules: I want him to be a werewolf or werewolf-like creature. I see the beast races like Varran and Rashaq, but neither of those two races fit into the rest of my concept. I'd happily pick a Rashaq since they appear somewhat humanoid, but I'm uncertain if that'd work, to be honest. Would a Rashaq live in the woods, ranch animals, have a wolf animal companion, use a bow, and trade in nearby towns? Would it be terrible if my Rashaq flirted with other, non Rashaq, since they don't interbreed with other races? Would that even matter because both my character and I would be/are gay?

I see that vampires are a large part of the lore and can assume Massivecraft has to Vampire Plugin, but I haven't found whether the Werewolf Plugin exists on this server as it does a few others. I didn't want to bring up other servers in general, but I only do so because of the other two that have werewolf plugins, one of them is not a RP server and the other is basically deserted because it's poorly organized and just... awful. So, no. Not gonna RP on them.

Basically, I want so badly to play on THIS server, because it has such a rich lore, massive population, and fun plugins, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to play something I don't have my whole heart and soul into, and may thus lose 'muse' for the character.

Hope to hear from you all lovelies soon!

(P.S. Be gentle >3< )
    (P.S.S. Here's Liam, my character, in a setting that allowed him to be a werewolf-vampire hybrid. I know, I'm terrible. At least I can draw my insanely complex ideas, kinda?)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 TheBananasaurus, Jan 11, 2018 at 10:01 PM
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018 at 10:12 PM
  2. TheBananasaurus

TheBananasaurus

Oh, I forgot to mention. I have a second character concept also involving a ranger-type person, but they'd be a dark elf (Drowdar). I'd still want him to be a rancher and tradesman as well, but he wouldn't be a werewolf. If my first character concept doesn't work out, I may fall back on this one. Unfortunately, I don't think his hair being black and eyes being red would work in this setting. Maybe if he's a Drowdar-Avanthar hybrid that was turned into a vampire? Gosh, I need help. xD

[​IMG]

#2 TheBananasaurus, Jan 11, 2018 at 10:02 PM
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018 at 10:11 PM
  3. Enkiduu

Enkiduu Winter. Staff Member Quest2

@TheBananasaurus Welcome to Massivecraft!

Just to clarify, Varrans and Rashaq are their own non-human races and are completely separate from humans (i.e. not werewolf-esque).

While we do have vampires, werewolves do not exist in Massivecraft lore. Second thing to note is that official roleplaying here in the city of Regalia is mostly chat and text-based, gameplay features such as Minecraft mechanics or plugins are more or less ignored in Regalia. Having said that, we do indeed have the Vampire Plugin. In fact, that plugin was developed by our own tech department, along with the Factions plugin.

Someone more intimately familiar with the lore can answer the other questions you have, but hope this clears up some things for you.

#3 Enkiduu, Jan 11, 2018 at 10:12 PM
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018 at 10:19 PM
  4. FireFan96

FireFan96 Drache Manager Premium
    1. House Drache

Hey there, I'll see what I can dig up, since there a few things that may not work in lore, but I may have an idea.

5. AtticCat

AtticCat Dabs Premium
    1. The Republic of Insani

If you want a Nordic type feel try a Northerner, but yeah like @Enkiduu said there's not really any werewolves

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Emo_Bunny

Emo_Bunny Lo and Behold

• Like Like x 1
  7. FireFan96

FireFan96 Drache Manager Premium
    1. House Drache

https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Human_Cultures
    Here is where you should look for human cultures. I might suggest Velheim, Anglia, or Colonial culture for your character concept. To add a little bonus, all three cultures have additional pages to look up here: https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Cultures

Ailor exist, as do Elves. You could be a halfbreed in that regard.
    I would also look into Avanthar, as they are humanlike elves that ride horses.

https://wiki.massivecraft.com/School_of_Husbandry would be your best bet to look.

I'd like to be a bow-user with a tamed wolf or dog animal companion (a classic "ranger" class).
    So there is the School of Wapnbog, but requires a purebreed Ailor to use. Alternatively, Avant and Rangers are available for pure elves.

this one is unfortunately a no go at this time. However, the School of Soul Magic could be used to create a spirit wolf you can use and turn into. However, that magic is only given by staff approval through a Trustee system, so you would have to spend a few weeks acvitely in the RP scene to be considered for that.

My overall suggestion for the character you want? an Avanthar with the school of Rangers, or in the School of Avant. Husbandry is a full time school so all combat prowess is sacrificed to be a good animal taker. I think ranger would work out best, potentially combining it with the Discipline of Falconry.

Hopefully this gives a step in the right direction. You don't need to take my exact suggestion. Just offering what I can.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Candle Thief Staff Member Lore2
    1. ⚔Regalian Order of Chevaliers⚔

https://wiki.massivecraft.com/School_of_Rangers

You may want to consider this. I would avoid Vampires though as that will cause more harm to your role play than anything. And as stated before, there is no werewolf niche.

But the School of Rangers can cover most of what you want.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Aespair

Aespair Dr. Pavel? I'm CIA Staff Member Lore3

I don't mean to overwhelm, what with the responses on this thread already, but I figured I'd give my own insight into it. I would recommend you go with your second character concept- Drowdar-Avanthar or perhaps a Drowdar-imprinted Avanthar vampire. Normally I wouldn't recommend vampirism to newbies, but you seem pretty capable. The strain of vampirism that would most fit the character would likely be Umredd or Tresmisae, so you can read up on either of those if they suit your pick.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheBananasaurus

TheBananasaurus

Wow, thanks everyone for your responses, and so quickly after my post, too!

Well, after a bit of consideration, I decided I like the idea of turning my elf into an Avanthar Ranger (I'd just have to redraw him as not-so-undead-looking. Until then, doll makers, ho!), but I was wondering about that whole animal companion thing - wanting a wolf companion and such. Does Massivecraft have the Alpha Wolf plugin, or is there another way to have a semi-permanent animal companion (i.e. summonable)?

#10 TheBananasaurus, Jan 13, 2018 at 9:13 PM
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 9:22 PM
  11. AtticCat

AtticCat Dabs Premium
    1. The Republic of Insani

You can either just NPC him around with environmental (#) emotes or personal (+) emotes or have a premium player (the ones with the gold names!) be your pet in /disguise

Though I'm not sure if wolves are legal in Regalia, you'd have to check

12. TheBananasaurus

TheBananasaurus

A dog, then? x3
    I don't really want to have another player play the animal companion, though that is a good suggestion.

• Like Like x 1