Archived Changing The Minecraft Cd Songs

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

FireFan96

A miserable little pile of secrets
Staff member
Lore
Reaction score
Faction
Drachovia
So Massivecraft is a fun place to RP in. The buildings are amazing. The characters are fun.

But the music is nonexistent.

For so many noble events and dances going on, it is sad to never have any music available for players to have their characters dance to. Sure, we can try plopping in a CD to a jukebox. But honestly, the songs given do not fit the style that everyone works with. Leaving the dances awkwardly quiet, to the point where it's more like a gathering than a dance.

But lo and behold! For years now we have had the opportunity to change these minecraft music disk songs to our own tunes. So, why not have 12 songs for the MassiveCraft texture pack?

Question:
"But what if the song is copyrighted?"

Answer:
I highly doubt anyone in Aloria would be listening to any music that has copyrights on it. In fact, the songs I'm thinking of have been in the public domain for ages. We could just choose some of the best music from past centuries composed by the world's best. Imagine sitting in a room mingling while listening to Mozart. Or head to the cathedral and be immersed in Bach. The music is there. We just have to choose which ones we want to hear.

It's actually fairly easy to add music to a resource pack. just a simple renaming song files and converting them to .ogg files and you're ready to go.

I think this would be a nice feature to have, and might make noble parties have a little more "oomph" to them. Because who doesn't want to listen to classical music while mingling with nobles?

This could also allow players to create musicians who play for nobility. With just the placement of a music disk in the jukebox, you can have 3 players turn into a musical trio.

So, good idea?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yeah, but I'm referring to actually changing the CD music in the minecraft game.

"Music Instrument GUI: Play "beautiful" music using a chest GUI."
So what I get from that tidbit, it's basically going to add some sort of piano to a chest GUI. Player click different slots to play a tone.

Which is not the point of this thread. Sure, premiums might eventually be able to play their own music, but is said music going to be 100% beautiful to listen to? Nope. It's possible to play simple notes, but I don't expect to see that GUI keep up to "Flight of the Bumblebee" anytime soon.

No, what I'm referring to is to put some classical music written by the Greats and put 12 of these masterpieces into the texture pack. I'm going to assume most nobles don't feel like slow dancing to "Hot Cross Buns". They want "Blue Danube."

That's where I'm going to with this suggestion. We have 12 songs that aren't going to be used in a RP scene due to the way they sound. So why not replace them with 12 songs that are time appropriate?

I like what you're throwing down @Toorah , and would really be down fo genre specific massive song packs. But for the sake of implementation, I think it would be blessing just to have a mash up of nice songs for the main pack, and then worry about variations later.

But still, awesome addition.

first and foremost, you'd be surprised what you can do with even just one octave. if it would function anything like a piano, I'm sure people would/will get very creative with the music (I know I would get premium just for that feature =3=)
secondly, the staff should see if the players could make some sweet jams! from another thread, I've seen that massive's lucky to have some very talented/experience musicians. it would be interesting if some roleplayers really captured the roleplay atmosphere on their own!

you could even have separate resource packs for different songs, so why limit with 12? Have various rpacks and load which are needed.
Need a variety of sea shanties? Load rpack Sailors
Noble event? Rpack Classical
Elvish Music, Dwarf Music, Orc Music and many more.
They are out there, often available for free and there is a huge selection for almost anything

(An example Adrian von Ziegler on YouTube)
>inb4 MassiveStaff use AvZ for their promotional videos

What if we got together an made a new instrument and made a song with it too lazy to do that xD

Bump for considerations

I remember the good old thime when there was custom music in teh texturepack
i can stil play one tune in my head
if anyone stil someone has teh texturepack from 2.5 years ago...
i'd be very, very gratefull if i could have it...
@Mecharic i'm sure you remember that music too! it addes so much more flavor to everything, even mundane tasks like mining a darkroom sounded epic with it. but, since tehy didn't include that anymore i just have music turned off and put on my own :c

ships, i came here to agree, not to feel damned...
i want a hug

I like this. There should be music that fits in with the medieval theme. Not that I generally have sound active when playing Minecraft, but if the music was more lore-friendly I'd listen to it every so often lol

This suggestion has been noted for review but is currently very low priority.