Archived /changelog

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

TheComputerGeek2

Some guy trying to make things work
Staff member
Tech 2
Reaction score
I've noticed that as we have various projects in development and the server restarts, we often have people asking what updated or what is new. So, my solution is to have a command, probably something along the lines of /changelog which would just give a brief explanation of the last restart. To minimize the requirements for keeping it current, the descriptions could be something as simple as "changed mcMMO configs" or "new massivemobs build." Now, I am well aware that it sometimes staff like to keep certain projects quiet, in those cases, it might just be something like "staff utility changes." The idea isn't to give ever single detail, just to give people a general idea of what changed and maybe reduce how often people ask the question within general chat.

So now, I put the question out to you, do you think this would be a good idea?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is meant to just reflect the latest restart, and the weekly change log lags far behind the execution of the changes, by the time it is on the change log, it may have been active for 5 days already.
after a restart they announce what changed, unles it's some realy minor things not worth mentioning. furthermore if i remember corectly @Madus made a thing where he posts all small tech updates.
i hope that's stil a thing

after a restart they announce what changed, unles it's some realy minor things not worth mentioning. furthermore if i remember corectly @Madus made a thing where he posts all small tech updates.
Well, it seems that quite often, people miss the announcements, also, as far as I know, there haven't been any changes recently on that thread. As you can imagine, some people are slower to get back on the server, and having to repeat the announcements eventually gets annoying.

Well, it seems that quite often, people miss the announcements, also, as far as I know, there haven't been any changes recently on that thread. As you can imagine, some people are slower to get back on the server, and having to repeat the announcements eventually gets annoying.
then just simply ask in help?
i mean, it's not like i'm against this but i don't think it's necesary or so either...

then just simply ask in help?
i mean, it's not like i'm against this but i don't think it's necesary or so either...
Because repetition, someone asks in help, they get an answer. Then someone else logs in and does the same. This can go on for a while, or so it feels like.

I do that from time to time.
Minor things such as changing the colours in the "You don't have permission to X" (which happened recently, might not be live on the server yet). Will not be put there, because it isn't very important.
Major things such as MassiveMobs will not be put there since they should have their own post.
Bugfixes or performance improvements will not be put there.
So it is far from everything being put on that list.
In fact things we put there are things that require active participation from the users. Some weeks back I improved some command related messages to suggest what you perhaps tried to type in when failing. But it wasn't announced because it doesn't require active participation from the users.