Celetil Renovations - Catering To The Dwarven Style

Discussion in 'Minecraft Builder Showcase' started by MokeDuck27, Oct 28, 2017.

1. MokeDuck27

MokeDuck27 Freedom is just slavery by choice.
    1. Celetil

So, Celetil had a Dwarven style base for a while, but it wasn't as Dwarven as most other bases. Let me know what you think about these build, and lemme know any specific tips for improvement 2017-10-28_16.23.41.png

2. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Weird animal Premium

Tips
    Pictures:
    Bases look better with a 32x32 resource pack. Also, Massive has one official resource pack and most people that see your base will see it thorough that filter. If the reason you still use a 16x16 resource pack is that your computer is slow, optifine might help to ease the load of the resource pack.

For pictures light rendering does marvels. Most of us do not have a crazy graphic card but you can make up for that by copying your base with schematica and then using chunky to render pics.

Build:
    In my opinion the floor is too plain. It could benefit from some depth... aka a drop off, some stairs or some epic moria bridge. Adding a bit more variation in the blocks (mossy cobble, cracked bricks) also creates a more organic look.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    #2 Proudbucket, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  3. MokeDuck27

MokeDuck27 Freedom is just slavery by choice.
    1. Celetil

Thanks so much, where did you get the picture of Ironhall!? Also, I prefer not to use the massivecraft texture pack because not everyone in my faction uses it when they join, but my goal is that the builds look good in both R-packs. Thanks for your tips though, and that elevation thing is definitely something for me to consider going forward.

4. Snore

Snore Building a... What is this supposed to be? Staff Member World1

Well... I realize of 27 days late but, I agree with the bucket with the floor but on a helpful tip i like to use is creating a sample of what blocks you will use for a build. What goes nice with gray is a nice use of blue which is good cause you already incorporated it into the build with the ice. Personally I like a good red or a deep orange or some kind of firey color to go with grays as decoration. and ++ it will go well with fires