Cecil, The Iscariot

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by sonofthestars, Oct 14, 2020.

1. sonofthestars

sonofthestars chaotic stupid

"Si je ne peux pas déplacer le ciel, je ressusciterai l'enfer."
    〚 ✧┇ ═══════════════════ - ‹ •◦ ◦• › - ═══════════════════ ┇✧ 〛
    ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ╒◖═══════════▲════════════◗╕ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ʙᴀsɪᴄ ɪɴғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ || to note one's identity. "Cecil works just fine."
    • « CHOSEN NAME » Cecil
      • « FULL NAME » Cecil Grey
        • « ALIASES » Iscariot, Morningstar, daemon
      • « FORMERLY» Cecilairen Obraive-Solarent Falleil; Caelath'raan Dzekh'aar; Caelath'raan Riv'ensteel
    • « AGE » Twenty-three.
      • « BIRTHDAY » November 29th, 286 A.C.
      • « ZODIAC » Sagittarius.
    • « GENDER » Male.
    • « RACE » Lector Manathar.
      • Formerly an Ithanian Half-elf.
      • Formerly a Zolathar Kathar.
      • Formerly a Fin'ullen Altalar
    • « SEXUALITY » Gay.
    • « PREFERRED WEAPON » The Void.
    sᴋɪʟʟ ɪɴғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ || to harness one's skillset."I am what my power has made me."
    • « TOTAL POINTS TO SPEND » - 47 Core Points Spent, 10 Hobby Points Spent, 3 Core Points Free
    • « POINTS ALLOCATION »
      • +10 Warlash Combat { +10 from Core. }
      • +10 Rapier Combat { +10 from Core }
      • +3 Arken Knowledge { +3 from Core. }
      • +3 Artifactism { +3 from Honed Skill 1}
      • +5 Circus Arts { +5 from Hobby. }
      • +5 Theater Arts { +5 from Hobby. }
      • +3 Body Arts { +3 from Core }
      • +3 Linguistic Science { +3 from Core. }
        • Kathar Altalar.
      • +30 Sorcery { +24 Core }[+6 from Sorcery Skill 2]
    • « PHYSICAL STAT » 25
      • 20 Combat, 5 Circus Arts / Theater Arts = 25
    • « BODY SHAPE » Athletic.
    • « BODY FAT » Low.
    • « LANGUAGES »
      • d’Ithanie. {Learned through childhood.}
      • Kathar Altalar. { Learned through Linguistics.}
      • Common. { Learned through childhood.}
    sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ ᴛʀᴀɪᴛs || to utilize one's abilities."When I fell, the Void gave me wings."
    • « RACIALS » Lector Manathar
      • "I am something else, now. Something new. Something strong."
        • Manathar Base Kit
        • Lector Racials
    • « SORCERY » Void Darkness Attuned ( Active )
      • "I have become a master of that which blinds me."
        • Magic Bolt I
        • Magic Sight I
        • Super Self I
        • True Path I
        • Element Control II
        • Element Control VII
        • Element Brand III
        • Darkness III
        • Dark Curse II
        • Glitter Control I
    ᴠɪsᴜᴀʟ ɪɴғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ || to show one's self."I barely know what I am, now, but I'll learn to live with it."
    • « EYE COLOR » Void-infested gold, with gray sclera.
      • « WHEN MUTATED» Goat-like, with bloody grey sclera and sickly yellow irises
    • « HAIR COLOR » Ink black.
    • « HAIR STYLE » Longish, wavy, and messy. He ties it back best he can when busy or fighting..
    • « SKIN TONE » Purple, with a blueish hue. Blackened and twisted like obsidian, or charcoal, at certain times.
      • « NOTABLE SCARS » Various burn marks on his upper back, sides, and left bicep. A large branding of the Unionist Eye above his heart. Faded scar tissue around his eyes in the shape of Voidal glyphs. A large, twisting burn shaped like fork-lightning running from the nape of his neck to the back of his left thigh.
    • « CLOTHING » Variable. Soft linens, rolled up shirts, vests. When dressed up, he wears fine silks and gambeson.
    • « HEIGHT » Six foot.
    ᴀʟɪɢɴᴍᴇɴᴛ, ᴍʙᴛɪ, & ғᴀɪᴛʜ"This world is too small for all these gods."
    • « ALIGNMENT » Chaotic Neutral.
    • « MBTI PERSONALITY TYPE » The Entrepreneur. || ESTP
      • "Smart, energetic & very perceptive people, who truly enjoy living on the edge."
    • « FAITH » Xenophane 5/10
      • After becoming Manathar to reclaim his place in the world as simply himself and belonging to no other, Cecil has found comfort and solidarity in relying on only his own whims instead of the whims of the extraplanar.
    ʟɪғᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ || to know one's background."Are you sure you want to hear it?"
    • - Early Life -
      • Cecil is born in Joyeu-vert Du Nord to Falleil Matriarch Anne Marie Falleil and her unnamed Altalar lover, an illegitimate child and the youngest of three sons. He grows up in a home containing no grandparents, a matriarch, and three husbands. His mother, Anne Marie, is a local Priscelle Unionist Priest at the exalted St. Jimena du Nord Cathedral at the heart of Joyeu-Vert and treats Cecil with little respect or attention from his birth, consigning him as an accident and unworthy of her efforts. She masquerades as Priscelle to maintain her position in the Church, but her beliefs fall under those of Sancella. His step-father, Javion Falleil, supports him quietly, but under the watchful gaze of Anne Marie and the Homme des Bras, Daxton, what he can do for Cecil is limited, and he winds up following the doctrines of Anne Marie. As a strict Sancella Household, non-conformity is punished, and Cecil spends most of his early childhood ostracized and abused due to his Nelfin heritage. At the age of six, his ears are clipped, and his mother attempts to Imperialize him, with little success.
    • - Young Adulthood -
      • In Cecil’s teenage years, following a fallout he has with his mother where he resists taking the Unionist Sacrament of Communal Entry at the age of 12, Cecil begins to leave home a lot. He begins to search through the great Bridged City, and accidentally happens upon a small theater in the edges of the downtown districts. After a time, he joins and finds a family within the group of misfits there, quickly discovering that they are a Vampire Coven by the name of La Choer Crimson, or the Crimson Choir. Lead by a young Dorkarthi named Jorraine, Cecil rises through the ranks of the coven and takes the title of Desprince at seventeen, an accomplished Alais deceiver who set his sights on the nobility of Joyau-Vert, intent on making them pay. The age of eighteen marks the rise of The Morningstar, a name given to Cecil by the people of Joyau-Vert for his habit of burning down houses in the early hours of the morning. Cecil and Jorraine fall in love, and their reign of terror lasts five bloody, flaming years. Cecil however becomes lax and makes a terrible mistake by telling his father about Jorraine, thinking for once that the man might be happy for his son, but through his father, Anne Marie finds out and orders the coven purged by a contingence of Mercenaries. Cecil runs to the theater to find it burned, the Mercenaries killing members of The Crimson Chorus indiscriminately, those surviving being taken away for curing. Jorraine is killed in front of Cecil and Cecil is arrested, brought before his mother and her Unionist assembly in chains, jailed and cured cruelly. In a last act of mercy or cowardice, Cecil’s father frees him in the depths of the night, and Cecil flees from Ithania on the eve of his twenty-second birthday, boarding the nearest ship in search of a new life and a new family.
    • - Present Day -
      • After fleeing to Regalia, Cecil found himself amidst a city of criminals, aristocracy, and excess, nowhere to go but further down in search of a way to regain his Vampirism and to start rebuilding himself after the tragedy of his home.
      • Cecil is quickly seduced into the Undercity and meets a Kathar priestess named Cazna Teken'rret, at the same time becoming re-infected and introduced to the Solifugae Court under Xilthruum. Here he meets Mirabella Wymarc and Alister Waterlow, finding a family beneath them and falling in love with the Archblood Tyrian Darietheck. Joining Mirabella's Coven, Cecil nearly re-instates his title as Morningstar by assisting Qal'hata Sarnai burn down Petal Court, before speaking to the ascended Kathar more and deciding to join his crusade. Throwing away sanguinism and his previous life behind, Cecil undergoes Dread Rebirth and renames himself Caelath'raan Sarnai, the brother of Qal'hata. Meeting Kabili and Stone and becoming their respective lover, Cecil fights at Cal's side for months as his advisor and one of his right hands, learning more magic and changing his name to Cecil Dzekh'aar alongside his family. However, tragedy strikes as Qal'hata is killed in the aftermath of the Raid on the Crown of Worlds, forcing Cecil to take up the reins of the Kaahl and leading it as its Patriarch alongside Hessolis for a month. Feeling discontent, he eventually leaves the Kaahl and breaks up with Stone, staying with Kabili as he is cleansed and tries to find a place of welcome as Fin'ullen, having little success. Joining the Hexenblood and the Crookback Militia, Cecil searches for a purpose until Alban Koning and Maelstrom Keppkuula show him Manatharism, which he quickly accepts and leans into. He now is Alban's partner and the Adherent to Maelstrom, doing his best to find his place in the world as his body, circumstance, and very soul changes around him alongside the ever-present hand of the Void.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ╘◖═══════════▼═══════════◗╛ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬

"I stared into the Deep, and It stared back."

• Winner Winner x 15
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #1 sonofthestars, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  2. Grimmsome

Grimmsome mr. blue sky (living here today)

Hi, I'm claiming this app for review. Expect a response fairly soon.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Grimmsome

Hi! So, most of everything is in check, however there are two things I need to bring up. The first of which is that your physical stat is presently at 12.5, however this isn't exactly correct, given with how many physical proficiencies you've invested in, the actual calculation would be 37.5, however capped at 30 due to being a Lexxon Ailor. Additionally, there's a detail in your life story I'd request you make some few minor edits to.

A majority of the time we try to avoid involvement of NPC nobility in life stories, nor would they really be the ones hiring him for any sort of Regalian Law Enforcement. I'd suggest swapping this out with something along the lines of a 'wealthy family hiring him as a personal house guard' instead, to avoid any complications.

Make these changes in red, and tag me once you're finished.

@SpearMinty

4. sonofthestars

@Lumiess changes marked in red! I've actually ICly figured out a group that is responsible for his brother's kidnapping, so that's all set. Thank you so much for your review!

5. Grimmsome

Looks perfect, approved.

6. sonofthestars

@Lumiess Cecil has been turned into a vampire! I have added the necessary bloodline information and a spoiler containing his crimson shift. I've also changed his combat proficiency, removing some points from wrestling and adding them to Dagger.

#6 sonofthestars, Oct 18, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  7. Grimmsome

Combat proficiencies cannot go past 20 points invested. Fix this up for me real quick, and I can reapprove the application.

@SpearMinty

8. sonofthestars

Fixed!

9. Grimmsome

10. sonofthestars

@Lumiess Ithanian Update inspired me to rework this character! Backstory, Culture, Personality, and some aspects of Proficiency have all been changed.

11. Grimmsome

This is a somewhat late response, so my apologies for that! Firstly, I'd request you remove your life-story from the spoilers, as this makes it easy to look over despite it being a crucial part of the app.

Secondly, your points also need to be adjusted, given presently you're at 60 points used, however you should at most be using 56, bonuses from vampirism and race-proficiencies in mind. However since you're currently past the theatre arts cap, [which is 15, and will always be limited to 15 regardless of any bonuses.] if you remove the 5 points you've gone over, it'll put you back at 55 with 1 point to reassign.

Lastly, there's a part in your backstory regarding Archblood Warriors taking out a coven, however I'd suggest you change this either to something along the lines of a band of hired mercenaries, etc. There aren't really any established groups of Archblood Warriors outside of Regalia right now as far as I'm aware which makes this a bit of an odd detail, and additionally they're more or less built for combatting mages rather than vampires.

Handle these edits, and I can re-approve the app.

12. sonofthestars

13. Grimmsome

Looks good, approved.

14. sonofthestars

@Lumiess Voidal update! Changelog:
    • Updated Cecil's 'Aliases and Disguises' spoiler; no mechanical change
    • Updated Cecil's Crimson Form
    • Removed his Fist Combat proficiency entirely
    • Removed three proficiency points from his Conning Rogue; switched Conning Rogue out with Stealth Rogue
    • Added Ritualism! Nine points were used; 3 new Abilities, 3 new Aesthetics
    • Is now a 7 on the Void Worshipping Scale
    Have a wonderful day, and a wonderful Thanksgiving break! No need to rush, take your time <3

15. Grimmsome

16. sonofthestars

@Lumiess Update part the second! Be prepared for this app to be updated again in the coming weeks, as I plan on having him ICly Dread Reborn. Changelog:
    • Aged him up one year
    • Made him a half-elf
    • Switched around some of his proficiency points and how they were distributed
    • Added three Prof points to Ritualism; he now has four ritualist abilities / aesthetics
    • Changed his backstory to reflect his new race
    • Gave him another point towards Religion; he now has 8
    That should be all of the changes; like I said, expect a responding update soon to reflect a potential Dread Rebirth! Thank you for all that you do <3

17. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

There is no point in a staff member reviewing an application only for it to be changed within a few days. In the future, I would heavily recommend that you update applications all at once rather than parceling it out and wasting our time by making us review things over and over in a short period. This application will remain Needs Re-Review until this Dread Rebirth business has concluded.

18. sonofthestars

Thank you for the response! I will do just that; I was not aware that larger changes such as race retcons could be played out without an approved app, which was why I updated it in this way first. As soon as all changes are settled on, I'll retag.

19. sonofthestars

@Lumiess Updated in accordance to Dread Rebirth! Changelog (Same as previous ping, kept in list. Most recent update bolded.)
    • Aged him up one year
    • Made him a half-elf
    • Switched around some of his proficiency points and how they were distributed
    • Added three Prof points to Ritualism; he now has four ritualist abilities / aesthetics
    • Changed his backstory to reflect his new race
    • Gave him another point towards Religion; he now has 8
    • Changed Alais mutation of 'Crimson Reflection' to 'Crimson Hostage'
    • Changed Ritualist Ability of 'Ritualist Armor' to 'Ritualist Planarspite'
    • Dread Rebirthed him into a Shenath Sire of Secrets
    Thank you for your patience! Have a wonderful night.

#19 sonofthestars, Dec 15, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  20. Grimmsome

@midsummerkid Hi, super late response here, so my apologies about that. Everything seems fine so this remains approved, however as a heads up, you've got one point free you can use. Not anything you really need to tag me for, so just slide that into something should you so desire.

21. sonofthestars

@Lumiess Update! Cecil has been cured and I've reshuffled his proficiencies, as well as aged him up to match the Half-Elf retcon. Changelog:
    • Combat proficiencies completely reworked; 20 Dagger replaced by 15 Greatsword and 10 Throwing.
    • Ritualism reduced to six points invested; Ritualist abilities changed.
    • Sanguinism made inactive.
    • Sorcery introduced through the Kathar mageblooded Racial; Spirit Sorcery, two abilities and aesthetics.
    • Backstory lightly updated to reflect his age.

22. sonofthestars

@Lumiess second tag for the Kathar update. Changelog:
    • Removed throwing knife proficiency, slid two points into Greatsword and the rest into Linguistic Science
    • Gave him Linguistic Science
    • Updated his race to Oscithar Kathar; changed physical features such as eye color, stripes, hair
    • Added Sorcery with proficiency points instead of mageblood; six points
    • Aged him up one year for that sweet sorcery
    That's all of it; thank you for dealing with the multiple tags!

23. sonofthestars

Not tagging; after deliberation and some OOC consideration, I'm switching Cecil's race from Oscithar to Zolathar.

24. Grimmsome

Approved.

25. sonofthestars

@Lumiess Sorcery update; very small. Changelog:
    • Replaced the Spirit Sorcery Spell 'Overwhelming Force' with the Chaos Sorcery Spell 'Who Needs Skill?'
    • Replaced the Spirit Sorcery Aesthetic 'Faces of Life' with the Chaos Sorcery Aesthetic 'Rearrange'
    • Took two Core points from Greatsword and placed them into Mixology Arts
    • Took five Hobby points from Theater Arts and placed them into Cooking Arts, Baking Arts, and Mixology Arts
    • Took five Talent Points from Stealth and gave them to Bodycare Training

#25 sonofthestars, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  26. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

I will be taking this application for review!

27. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

Re-approved, just remember to specify that Bodycare is using your Talent Points.

28. sonofthestars

@KrakenLord01 So sorry for the update right after the other; combat style change dictated a few updates be made. Changelog:
    • 15 Greatsword (Core) split into 7 Sword Combat and 8 Shield Combat
    • Ritualist Ability 'Weaponspite' replaced with 'Armor'
    • Ritualist Aesthetic 'Bodysinging' replaced with 'Phasewings'
    • Spirit Sorcery removed, replaced with the Chaos Sorcery Spell 'Stay Put/Can't Hold Me Down' and the Chaos Sorcery Aesthetic 'Useless'

29. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

Re-approved!

30. sonofthestars

@KrakenLord01 Re-formatting and Ritualim/Sorcery update. Changelog:
    • Removed Ritualism (+6 Core )
    • Added two levels of Whimsy Sorcery (-6 Core)
    • Added Qalhata Dzekh'aar as my Mage Master
    • Removed Baking and Cooking Arts, put them towards Mixology (+2 Core)
    • Took four Core points from Shield Combat (+4 Core)
    • Invested into Two Handed Blunt Combat (-6 Core)
    • Replaced Bodycare Training (+5 Talent) with Burglary Rogue (-5 Talent)
    • Edited his Faith, he is now a 5 in Dark Ancient Worship and a 7 in devotion to Sakraphel
    • Edited the -Present- section of his backstory
    • General re-formatting, which is nearly complete

31. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

Re-approved!

32. sonofthestars

@KrakenLord01 Vampirism update! Changelog:
    • Re-infected with Vampirim; Von Kerle bloodline.
    • Took the mutations Karmark Shred, Shroud, Raven, Steel, and Howl.
    • Updated Vampiric Shift.

33. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

Re-approved.

34. sonofthestars

@KrakenLord01 Sorcery update! Changelog:
    • Cecil has been cured of Vampirism
    • Sorcery revamped, taken the spells Arcane Mastery I, Elemental Control III, True Path I, Magic Bolt I, and Darkness III.
    • Minor changes to combat proficiencies as I test out a new combat style
    • Replaced 5 Burglary Rogue with 5 Strength Training

35. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

Re-approved!

36. sonofthestars

@KrakenLord01 Tiny ability update! Changelog:
    • Switched Sorcery Spell Darkness III out for Super Self I
    • Changed his Faith count and wording

37. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

Re-approved!

38. sonofthestars

@KrakenLord01 Ability change! Changelog:
    • Elemental Control III replaced with Power Curse I

39. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

Re-approved!

40. sonofthestars

@KrakenLord01 So sorry for the very recent update! Aesthetic changes abound. Changelog:
    • Minor adjustments to core proficiencies
    • Exchanged Power Curse I for Element Brand V
    • Exchanged Super Self I for Elemental Control V
    • Exchanged Magic Bolt for Shadow Curse