Archived Carrying People Plugin

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

ascreed95

Citizen
Reaction score
In many RP scenarios, one will need to carry a person, whether an injured person, a child or Klein or your Wife / Husband.
On the Mineplex server lobby they have a plugin (I think it is called Stacker) that allows you to be "carried" by (or sit on) a person. It also allows for the carried person to be thrown.

This is a bit obnoxious on the Mineplex servers as anyone can pick you up at any time and throw you around.
If this were to be implemented on Massivecraft, it'd need some system like with trading, where both people need to agree to it.

I feel this could help enhance RP by a lot since it is not always obvious for a person joining afterwards that one is being carried, often leading to scenarios where either certain things need to be voided or redefined OOC or similar.

EDIT:
  • Intended for Regalia (and other strict RP worlds) only
  • Max stack of 2 or 3 people

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Neat idea. Would this also be implemented in other worlds as well or just roleplay? I'm sure there's some unforeseen consequences but I can't think of any atm.

(That'd be kinda cool too though, if you could use someone as a mount like major ants carrying their smaller comrades to battle)

I was thinking for RP only, though why not have Elves ride Ur into battle? :P
I can think of a possible problem with height and suffocation. Being raised up, one might start suffocating in the ceiling or walls, a possible counter to that is, the "Carrying" is cancelled the moment either member takes damage.

This solution would make the plugin even less usable for PVP but as I said, its original intention is RP.

Also for making human ladders to get to tall areas.

I like this.

This would be neat but I agree with the suffocation thing...
The DrZhark's Mo'creatures mod allows you to pick up bunnies and the same thing happens... I've accidentally killed so many :(

I think on Mineplex you can stack multiple people, though I don't think you can actually reach higher places. If the carried cancels, he / she is put on the ground, at the position of the carrier.

As Silent mentioned, this could render walls completely useless in survival worlds, you could make a living nerd pillar in faction territory, basically.

However, this could be great for Regalia.
I think on Mineplex you can stack multiple people, though I don't think you can actually reach higher places. If the carried cancels, he / she is put on the ground, at the position of the carrier.
That's exactly what it does.
Yeah, all indicators seem to say "RP only"
I meant to say that it would make great visuals for your character when they emote they are climbing walls.

I meant to say that it would make great visuals for your character when they emote they are climbing walls.
I got that, though I was imagining, if you made a high stack of people, you could bow and arrow over a wall or something (in PVP, though probably not even worth the effort, with ender pearls...).

I got that, though I was imagining, if you made a high stack of people, you could bow and arrow over a wall or something (in PVP, though probably not even worth the effort, with ender pearls...).

Make a player limit, then. It wouldn't be realistic for people to carry 25 others on their backs.

Or, we could always vote for this guy as president of the US:
63398507.jpg
I think he might help PvPers across MassiveCraft build bigger walls that are protected from enderpearls and this plugin.

It's probably best if it's just limited to one person carrying one person.

But if you could do multiples, well, how would it work exactly?
Would you be able to stack on top of each other? A carrying B, B carrying C, C carrying D, etc, forming a tower.
Would one person be able to carry multiple others? A carrying B, C, and D, A being the only person carrying. The ones carried (B, C, D) being unable to carry others.

It's probably best if it's just limited to one person carrying one person.

But if you could do multiples, well, how would it work exactly?
Would you be able to stack on top of each other? A carrying B, B carrying C, C carrying D, etc, forming a tower.
Would one person be able to carry multiple others? A carrying B, C, and D, A being the only person carrying. The ones carried (B, C, D) being unable to carry others.
Again referencing Mineplex, when you carry multiple people, they just form a tower (A carries B carries C, etc).
I would like to say 1 as well, but I thought, a really big orc would be able to carry 2 people and even a slightly stronger person might be able to balance 3 Klein...

What about the limit being 3 and ONLY 3. Due to klein and such. Thats about 6 blocks high.

I looked into the plugin and it's 2 years old. MassiveCraft refuses to upload plugins that are outdated and incompatible with the server or written by someone with horrible English. There is a certain bridge between someone's effort for presentation and the quality of their plugin. This plugin probably contains a whole bunch of incompetent coding that will cause more problems than it does good on the server. Additionally, the power of roleplay is imagination. I feel personally it's unnecessary to have a plugin to do the carrying and throwing part if you can literally just emote it out and then do the moving around yourself.