Archived Carriages

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cray0la

Refugee
Reaction score
Massivecraft is supposed to encourage travel, but this doesn't work if people can simply type /f home and travel long distances in seconds. I think that every time a warp command is used it should cost a small amount of money, as the player has paid for a carriage to take them to their destination. This would encourage people to walk instead of teleporting, whilst not forcing them to :)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It would not work unless the price was very low. The distances traveled are huge. Regalia to ellador would be like 10,000 or more blocks. So if you were charging based on distance then it would cost a lot to get to regalia. It would also make trade not worth while because people would be paying silver to get to the trade location. This means less people would trade due to the extra cost. It would also mean people would have to pay to get to RP events and also to go shopping in regalia. To put it simply it is a bad idea.

I like the idea. Just needs some work and planning.

/f home is the poor person's creative gate. Premiums will just put in creative gates to avoid the charges. Also warps to the hub and info need to not have charges, but if you then get charged when you leave... Not sure any amount of work and planning can fix this idea.

Its effect would essentially just be charging non-premiums in-game money to use a basic function of the server, more or less a pay to play feature.

I dislike this... I would never leave my faction base again, I'm very sticky-fingered. As stated by Faiyde, it would also kill off non-prems, excepting travel to and from Regalia (which blocks portals).

On the up side, premiums like me could charge people silver to make portal gates for them >:)

Massivecraft is supposed to encourage travel, but this doesn't work if people can simply type /f home and travel long distances in seconds. I think that every time a warp command is used it should cost a small amount of money, as the player has paid for a carriage to take them to their destination. This would encourage people to walk instead of teleporting, whilst not forcing them to :)
I know there are probably problems with it. It was just an idea :)

I have done some research on this topic before, here are my results:
  • Paying money to use a warp (or /f home) seems not very RPish (since waprs and teleport are not part of Roleplay, unless used as a spell)
  • We would also limit people quite a bit. When you don't like to participate in an RP (or your are stuck in a ground hole) you teleport away. In this case you will loos money. What if you don't have that money.
I have thought about suggesting hunger costs for using teleport commands or creative gates (which would be more RPish when you use it as a spell), but I did shut the idea down (or delayed it) because of sharding, which has first priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.