Archived Carpet Should Have Horizonal Connected Texture

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yendor46

Nicholai the Elder
Reaction score
Faction
TheElders
This is a request that carpet be given a horizontal connected texture in the MassiveCraft Texture pack. I believe, but an not sure, that this can be done so that all carpets connect regardless of color. I would also like to point out a possible missing image, as carpets are invisible when held.

Edit: It appears that carpet may use the top of the corresponding wool block image, thus explaining why it appears invisible when held (saw the image briefly when reaching to open a chest).

Edit: I have done this in a private test copy of the Massivecraft Resource Pack:
Steps to implement:
1. Extract zipped Massivecraft Resource Pack, suggest using different name than zip file so you can easily select as resource pack for testing.
2. In extracted resource pack, navigate to assets/mcpatcher/ctm
3. In each of the Wool directories, (W00l1-W00l8) do (where n can be 0-7 and n2 can be 8-15):
a. Copy block35_n rename to block171_n
b. Copy block35_n2 rename to block171_n2
c. I also edited each of the block171 files, adding the line
connect=material
after the tiles=... line to allow the connected texture to connect all carpets, not just one color.
4. My understanding is that only Massivecraft is allowed to distribute their Resource Pack, so to use as a private copy you can select the uncompressed folder that you extracted (reason for a different name). Obviously if you were building your own resource pack you would zip for distribution.
ulumulu1510, Wessex Stock

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Status
Not open for further replies.