Anshula, The Enchanter

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by GoodDreamer, Jan 9, 2020.

1. GoodDreamer

GoodDreamer The Regalian Nuke

image.png
    Anshula, The Enchanter

Ahsozhel copy.png

"It's better to ask permission than forgiveness."

~☼[<Character art>]☼~

[​IMG]

Basic Information
    • Full Name: Anshula
    • Other Names: Arun/Aruna
    • Doumara Soul-Name: Bada-Tu (Oasis)
    • Sun-Name: Mezigati-Ts’ehāyi (Granted by Humaira Reinard)
    • Race: Devata Slizzar
    • Culture: Songaskia-Masayan (Korbas)
    • Sexuality: Attention (bisexual)
    • Injuries: Their right hand is weakened, so they cast magic using components, or their conduit.

• Pendant shaped like the head of an iron Silver Dragon. The mouth opens on a hinge to show a strange, luminescent, sky-blue sparkling gem. (Around his neck)
    • Black leather bracelet with clay beads. The main bead is painted a worn gold, shaped like the sun. (On his wrist)
    • Snake-shaped black metal ring with gold bands, fitted to coil around the finger. Set with a jade stone. On the underside of the stone was a single word etched in Zasta; "Protected." (On his finger) (Stolen!)
    • Snake-shaped white-gold ring, biting its own tail. Capped with a small orange topaz gemstone. Engraved inside the band, the word "Sunlight" is inscribed in Faraddi. (On his finger).
    • Heptagonal brass/bronze folding handmirror, with the lower mirror replaced with notes in a strange language (Zoram). (On his person)

• A completed set of old, restored slizzar jewelry consisting of:
    1. A hammered bronze diadem, shaped like a coiled serpent. Its eyes are two small emeralds. (Not in her possession)
    2. A set of hammered bronze bracelets, shaped as coiled serpents. (Not in her possession)
    3. A hammered bronze choker, shaped like a coiled serpent. Its eyes are two small emeralds. (Not in her possession)
    • A pouch of 54 Regals.
    • A dagger or two.

A small wooden chest, containing:
    A bag of 1-120 Regals. A small purple gem (sapphire).
    A purse containing 200 regals, and several small sapphires.

A small sapphire, blessed with the light of the Sun!

A pink Maraya slave-tag shard.

Two golden earrings with small amethysts capping the ends.

A massive, head-sized geode of purple crystal. The stone is covered in purple spires of said inner crystal, that almost seems to glow with a unique light. (700-???)

A single puzzle piece. If stolen, DM me for special notes.

Core Concept
    • Anshula is a Slizzar raised largely in the Songaskian Masaya. They grew up in a highly volatile environment and now primarily seek stability in their personal relationships. They are an eccentric enchanter and capable mage.
    • They put faith into Mussaktu, though have a certain longing to be accepted by Nihsereya worship and Zaalaanzaal.
    Proficiencies
    • Strength: 0
    • Constitution: 0
    • Wisdom: 4
      • Dimenthist Wisdom Pack
      • Mineral Wisdom Pack
      • Affliction Wisdom Pack
      • Deeplore Wisdom Pack
    • Dexterity: 0
    • Magic: 7 {Void} <Greater Mage>
      • Displacing (Greater)
      • Materialism
      • Enchanting (Greater)
      • Mimicry
      • Disruption
      • Blessings
      • Illusionism (Greater)
    • Charisma: 3
      • Ancient Speech Pack
      • Pet Husbandry Pack (Juvenile Hadarian Satrap)
      • State Diplomat Pack
    Languages
    • Zoram (Native)
    • Common (Free)
    • Sofaal (Slizzar Speechvex)
    • Ancient Speech Pack (Linguistics)

Racial Abilities
    1. Bonded Telepathy
    2. Altered power (Inactive)
    Specials
    1. Slizzar Aging
    2. Slizzar Shapeshifting
    3. Slizzar Puppeteer
    4. Slizzar Mutagenics
    5. Mind Surge
    6. Slizzar Espionage (Protection)
    7. Slizzar Societyvex
    8. Slizzar Identityvex (saboteur pack)
    9. Slizzar Speechvex
    10. Slizzar Afflictedvex
    11. Slizzar Mimicvex

Magic Aesthetics: Golden fire, arcane glyphs/runes, folding space, magical constructs

Displacing: Arcane Knockback (Blast a single nearby target 10 blocks away) (30 min)
    Materialism: Pocket Dimension (Void closet)
    Enchanting: Enchanted Buffer (Link Power that gives 5 HP to allies) (2 hour)
    Mimicry: Reflection Strike (Conjure an copy of yourself that can make a single mundane strike on an enemy!) (1 hour)
    (6 hour)
    Disruption: Link Disrupt (Concentration disable a Link Power within range, but not Link Disrupt) (10 min)
    Blessings: Healing Hands (Link Power that heals in 10 minutes) (5 min)
    Illusionism: Altered Self (Have a magical guise)

Arcane Mastery
    Arcane Wardrobe
    Arcane Sight
    --
    Sanctum Vessel
    Scan Sight
    Pocket Scan
    ---
    Rune Smithing
    Health Call
    Emote Infuse
    --
    Dressage Cleanse
    Armor Cleanse
    Life Wall
    ---
    Airwalking
    Surfwalking
    Sparkwalking
    --
    Light Element
    Fire Element
    Dream Element
    ---
    Heat Immune
    Chain Break
    Evil Tongues

Greater Mage
    Displacing
    : Magic Blink (Visual emote range teleport, horizontal only) (1 hour)
    Enchanting: Enchanted Wall (You and 2 others become immune to all projectile harm, magic or otherwise) (24 hour)
    Illusionism: Illusioned Self (3 Illusory duplicates tank first 3 attacks) (6 hour)

Dimenthist
    Can remove mutations from myself and others.
    Can identify essences that would otherwise be unidentifiable.
    Can do Exorcisms, and purify locations of corruption.

Mineral
    Can infect a region/location with any essences via a Volacrum crystal.
    Can apply mutations to others.
    Can turn alter weapons with Volacrum crystals to give additional aesthetics
    May carry a Saraphalo crystal, brightly illuminating a room
    Can break a Daggarite crystal, escaping a scene so long as I am not the primary target.

Deep-lore
    Identify historical objects by era and mundane purpose in-game and in progressions.
    Ask double the questions when encountering Knowledge Events
    Can exposit deeplore info in progressions that I am not OOCly aware of

Affliction
    Is immune to Affliction and Blood/Soul Sickness.
    Can get Home Advantage from a region if it is activated for a Vampire or Cahal.
    Can cure Afflictions
    [​IMG]
    391725_s1_1 copy.jpg
    [​IMG]
    Appearance Information

• Anshula has no mutations and is largely 'mundane' appearing.
    • Anshula is a distractable Slizzar standing 5’6 feet tall (and roughly 21 feet long) with purple-white hair, purple eyes, black and purple scales, and a cheerful disposition.
    • Anshula generally presents as a shorter, thin Songaskian with Slizzar eyes, and a smattering of purple/black scales.
    • In their Illusioned Altered Self form, Anshula presents as a floating figure made of pale flame and radiant gold. Their face is visored by a eyeless Columbian-style mask that flares out to wrap around their head, appearing like the sun. Jets of golden flame arc from their upper back, appearing almost like wings.

Visual Information (Birth Form)
    • Eye Color: Purple with grey sclera
    • Hair Color: White/light pink, fading to a light purple
    • Hair Style: Unbound, moving constantly, usually curled up like an afro
    • Scale Color: Black and purple
    • Clothing: Loose, water-resistant Sassrakkand robes.
    • Height: 5'5 (5’7 with legs)
    • Length: 21 feet long
    • Scars: Crossbow-wound scar on the lower-left ribs. Scar across their shoulders, going from the top right to the bottom left.

Visual Information (Primary Fluxform)
    • Eye Color: Purple with grey sclera
    • Hair Color: Stark white
    • Hair Style: Afro, sometimes ‘shaved’ on one side.
    • Clothing: Loose, unrestrictive, generally somewhat feminine. Generally something that can be worn regardless of gender. Pants are always a preference
    • Height: 5’7
    • Scars: Crossbow-wound scar on the lower-left ribs. Scar across their shoulders, going from the top right to the bottom left.
    [​IMG]
    CAMZAWACOMMISSIONFORGOODDREAMER copy.png
    [​IMG]

The Core List
    • Choose your Character Alignment
      • Neutral Good, with moderate leanings towards Lawful.
    • Choose your Character Personality Type
      • The Jungian Archetype (Self): Innocent Child (74%)
      • The Jungian Archetype (Persona): The Innocent Child (73%)
      • 16Personalities: ESFJ-A (The Consul) (Extraverted 86%, Observant 59%, Feeling 86%, Judging 53%, Assertive 57%)
    • Choose your Character's Religion
      • Nontraditional worship. Shambala and Nessrassianism with Dragon Worship influences. (8/10)
    Strengths

Dedicated: Anshula is eager to dedicate himself to a task- or multiple. When he has his way, he works multiple jobs in a day, just to keep his hands occupied.
    Caring: Very few people find Anshula to be apathetic. He cares for his friends deeply, and will provide care to even the few people he dislikes.
    Bright: Despite some appearances, Anshula is dedicated to the acquisition of new knowledge. His intelligence has allowed him to pick up skills such as Alchemy, Medical Sciences, and even aesthetically modify existing Sorcery Spells. He has picked up on some of his mothers vast amount of historical information.

Weaknesses

Naive: Anshula is trusting to a fault, very often. It indears him to some, but just as often puts him in jeopardy.
    Unperceptive: Perhaps it is because he inherited his ‘fathers’ bad vision, but Anshula is most often the last to notice things.
    Impulsive: New to money, Anshula has found that he has a certain amount of attachment to the nice clothing showcased in storefronts. He struggles to not purchase as much as he can.

• Quirks
    • Quirk: Anshula cannot wink. At best, they can blink suggestively. Despite this most severe impairment, they never stop trying.
    • Quirk: Anshula somtimes struggles with uncertainty. If uncomfortable, they'll tend to ask permission for things in excess. Such as permission to sit, to eat, to speak.
    • Quirk: If someone has a title, Anshula will endeavor to call them by it. Even if the situation is too casual. He is quite anal about it.

• Quirk: Anshula is a staunch pacifist. In his life, he has never raised his hand against another person/animal. Unless the situation is dire for herself or a loved one, he never will.
    • Quirk: Anshula's bad vision forces him to rely more on the sounds of people's voices to recognize them, rather than their faces. If he's met someone before, but never heard them speak, he may struggle to remember them.
    Abilities
    • Ability: Anshula is an excellent housekeeper. He'd happily sink hours into cleaning, preparing meals, and organizing.
    • Ability: Though he isn't the best at inferring information through context, Anshula has a surprisingly good memory. Names, places, and information are rather easily stored and remembered.
    • Ability: Anshula has an aptitude for the arcane. He can grasp the concepts behind it with relative ease.
    • Clean spaces
    • Cats
    • Social events
    • Music
    • Songaskians
    • Physical contact with other people
    • Spending time with loved ones
    Dislikes
    • Violence
    • Lying
    • Crime
    • Spiders
    • Spiderwebs
    • Large dogs
    • Dogs in general really
    • Allar
    • Being left alone

[​IMG]
    good_dreamer copy.png
    [​IMG]
    Life Story

• Anshula was born in Sassrakkand in 287 AC. Was relocated to an Oasis Villiage to avoid the fallout of the ongoing Chrysant War, largely cutting off his religious and cultural education before it could begin. He lived in said village for several years.
    • Lost his new adoptive family during a border conflict with the Qadir, outside of Kankagner. Was kept by the Qadir for a while, before making a plot with his brother to escape. He escaped to Songaskian territory, his brother did not.
    • Floated around the foster system, largely in Moptoii. Eventually came to rest in Korbamakora, where he resided with a family and began to learn magic from a priest. This mentor (Rama) remains his contact to the Bentiya college.
    • Old blood family found him as he reached the age of 18, orchestrated his return to them. Once he got to Regalia, he began to dive fully into the arcane, but also into his heritage as a Slizzar.
    resizedgooddreamer.png
    (By @BogeyBanshee, because they didn't sign their wonderful art)

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 3
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #1 GoodDreamer, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  2. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

Please expand on their biggest fear and their backstory, please!
    Make the changes in purple.
    @BadDreamer

3. GoodDreamer

4. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. GoodDreamer

@Nesstro Bump!

Added new art to the bottom of the page. Lost the Approved tag and decided I might as well update the personality and relationships section. I'm using the Core List now and have added a Weakness!

6. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

7. GoodDreamer

I have added art (it's huge and I don't know how to make it smaller). It has taken away my approved tag. Again. I'm so sorry.

Now is a good time to bring up that I've made some minor changes. I've probably removed a few points, like from Perception (they are now somewhat nearsighted, actually). I have added a Colluder. Some Hobby points have been moved around (removed Dancing, added Threads). And I have aged them down from about 25 down to 21.
    @Nesstro

8. GoodDreamer

@Nesstro Just a minor update. The character has been infected with vampirism and is now a Von Kërle.

Also, Minor proficiency edits due to ongoing IG lessons in Medical Sciences, and a few points were transferred from threads to culinary. Colluder is also gone. Since Collusion grants 10 proficiency points, should I tag you every time I gain/lose a Colluder?

The first paragraph of the life story has also changed, and I may have messed with the dates a little because I got them wrong before. And I've also added a few fun changes to the app, like a Tarot Card Influences section. Also some minor things changes that aren't really changes, and more me keeping the app up to date (life goals, character relationships, aliases, etc).

9. GoodDreamer

@Nesstro I summon thee, for you hath told me that Colluder acquisition/loss requires a re-review of my application!

The reply above is basically everything.

10. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

Approved.

11. GoodDreamer

@Nesstro Proficiency Update!

• I took away the 2 rogue/steath/whatever. I've never used it, and I've been planning on getting rid of it for months.
    • Culinary (7) was split into Cooking (5) and Baking (3). Threads became needlework, and I downgraded it from three to two. All of this using Hobby Points.
    • Added 5 bodycare (massage rp please) with Talent Points. Left the other 5 unused, to perhaps learn something from another character later.
    • Restructured Sorcery. Technically, I should only have one level (Elemental Branding as the Ability, and Influence as the Aesthetic), but I've been an Acolyte for the past many months, and I need two Abilities for it. I've taken Elemental Slide and Elemental Bending. Elemental Slide is.. maybe a place-holder. I might change it in the future because it's useless to my character (I'm never in combat, and can therefore never use this spell).
    • Added a last name (two) and nicknames.
    • Added and edited relationships, but that's not super important.
    • There is now an Imgur link to all of the ART!
    • I now have 18 unused Core Points, instead of 14. Hoarding for student-rp.

12. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

Approved.

13. SleepyIsVerySlep

SleepyIsVerySlep Socialite Doctor

yea ok. lies.

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  14. GoodDreamer

@Nesstro Forgive me, but I added an art and murdered the Approved tag.

• Like Like x 1
    #14 GoodDreamer, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  15. GoodDreamer

@Nesstro I changed Slide to Intercept. Just letting you know!

I'm also just- updating a lot of things. Sexuality, Gender, the Basic Info section, Religion. Making things more clear, really.

16. GoodDreamer

@Nesstro Added my perm! Reduced the points needed for Level 1 Ritualism.

17. GoodDreamer

@Nesstro Made Ahsozhel a Sole Slizzar, in accordance with the update! Nothing else has changed, other than a few racial abilities being mentioned in a new 'not learned' section.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GoodDreamer

@Nesstro Not sure if I need to mark my sheet as 'needs re-review', but I've added +5 talent points to Statecraft, seeing as my character just finished the 6-week course on Diplomacy. Due to racial boosts, this becomes +10.

19. GoodDreamer

Also adding +5 in Alchemy, as I've also completed that course. Properly tagging and setting myself to Needs Re-review. Just in case.

@Nesstro

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. GoodDreamer

@Nesstro Finally added the Aesthetic counterpart to my Ritualism Ability. Tagging you because I've still technically gained a spell. No point changes. I may at some point tack on something special from my perm, but I haven't brainstormed yet.

Edit: I lied. I'm brainstorming right now.

21. GoodDreamer

@Nesstro Smallish update. Redid Sorcery spells to the most logical equivalents. Due to Sorcery costing 4 points insted of 3, I have spent an additional 2 points to cover the extra costs.

Life story has also been edited. Not much has changed, bar (in my opinion) somewhat better writing, and compliance to the new rules on Slizzar Racials in-backstory (aka, no shifting until age 18).

EDIT: Forgot to add what dimension they draw their powers from. Void has been added.

Day later edit: I realized Ahsoz has actually gone around the sun once more. They are 22! Added an unused point.

#21 GoodDreamer, Feb 22, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  22. GoodDreamer

@Nesstro badump bump

23. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

Approved.

24. GoodDreamer

@Nesstro Hello! I have more or less entirely rewritten this app.

-Every relevant she/her has been replaced with he/him, or maybe a them/they.
    -Aesthetic Perm now applies to Sorcery. Ritualism has been removed.
    -Some Sorcery Spells were removed, some entirely new ones were added. This is to both save points by phasing out spells I have never really used (and no longer make sense to have), as well as do my best to mimic the aesthetics I had in Ritualism, which I intended to replace Sorcery with in the past.
    -Relisted what Racials Ahsozhel does and does not know.
    -Basic Information has been mostly redone.
    -Visual Information now sees the introduction of a backstory-induced scar.
    -Inventory is totally disorganized and still outdated barring the personal inventory. Avert your eyes, Nesstro. Only horrors lie behind those Spoilers.
    -Personality and Abilities is mostly the same. Some small edits to religion.
    - Quirks and Abilities mostly unchanged. There is more focus put on Ahsozhel's natural affinity for arcane studies, but that is detailed more in other parts of the app.
    -Likes and Dislikes is untouched
    -Relationships has been deleted. I'll rewrite them later, eventually. Except for Snippy. Snippy stays.
    -Life Story is completely rewritten. Slavery has been removed, a 'recent events' blip has been made and expanded on.

25. GoodDreamer

26. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

Approved.

27. GoodDreamer

@Messtro Hi! Made appropriate changes for the Proficiency update. There is one sorcery change.

• Doubled Cooking and Baking to 10 and 5, cuz I can.
    • Added +1 fabric and +1 theater, because I think both abilities flow.
    • Reduced Bodycare by 1, because the ability at 5 investment is already covered by one of the Flux Shift abilities.
    • Added Faraddi and Zasta as linguistics purchases, as Slizzar have lost their +2 languages. Additionally pre-emptively added Zorraana as a birth language to get ready for the Slizzar update.
    • Got rid of Elemental Control 3. It was my attempt to translate Elemental Influence into the new system, because I adored how Influence was similar to Prestidigitation. But, it just doesn't work that way anymore, so I've dropped it.
    • Other than that, I've also dropped proficiencies that no longer exist in a way I can access, such as Statecraft.

Also re-did all the art!

28. Messtro

Messtro Flower Goblin

Approved.

29. GoodDreamer

@Messtro Hi! Minor update.

I've done some small point changes! I've given myself a few points in theatre, taken away some stuff (like, one or two points in fabric-type stuff. Something I don't use since I have Flux Shift to make clothes and fabrics). Added 2 in Hunting, as Ahsozhel does a LOT of hand/mouth fishing. Added 2 or so points to both Sorcery and Linguistics, in response to IC mentoring. I plan to take on some Sorcery Spells in the near future, but have put completing the new language on pause until a certain two updates come along (I'll likely also be dropping Zasta when one of those updates happens). Selected the Common Alchemy Kit as my kit of choice, using my old Alchemy investment.

I've also added a fresh Relationships section!

Also there's the thing we talked about. It's revamped. No changes beyond necessary expansion given lore updates.

30. GoodDreamer

@Messtro added Arcane Mastery as a spell!

• Winner Winner x 1
  31. GoodDreamer

@Messtro added Home Enchant 3. I'll be redoing my app to match the new format soon. All the information should already be in here though.

32. GoodDreamer

@Messtro Added Element Control 7! That's pretty much it for now. More to come if/when the Slizzar update drops.

• Like Like x 1
  33. GoodDreamer

34. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

Magic in slizzar culture and society is a bit of an odd point. I think you should slim down the magic the character has to make use of the slither magic special that they have or change the backstory to a more outcast perspective of being a slizzar mage.

35. GoodDreamer

Oops, the culture blurb caught me didn’t it.
    They are an outcast, more or less. I can clarify in the backstory that they haven’t received any sort of Slizzar education if you want, but I care a lot more about the wizard aesthetic than the racial ability.

36. GoodDreamer

37. Caelamus

Approved.

38. GoodDreamer

@Caelamus

Big ability overhaul with the magic update!

Anshula has become a Greater Mage.
    2 Points have been removed from Charisma due to not finding any luck in doing diplomacy stuff.
    Eastern Languages removed. I only wanted Sofaal, and I can get that with Speechvex 99% of the time.
    Mount Husbandry removed because I didn't have enough for my funny dragon. Kept it as a baby pet instead.

Bentiya Wisdom removed due to the new limitations, replaced with Deeplore.
    Alchemy removed due to not using alchemy, replaced with Affliction.

39. Caelamus

Approved