Archived Can We Talk About The Possible Shrinking Of The Faction Worlds?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
V

Violettee

Not Registered
I know you guys keep hearing this over and over again but I'm here to further the subject.
Our numbers are dwindling, whilst regalia remains stable. Why? Safety and security? Better maintained? A sense of community?

Our player count overall is small, with a big portion of those belonging to regalia. We share 6 faction worlds between us, and we can't fill them. They're littered with 2 man factions, alt bases and the rest are the lucky few who have money and power to claim whatever they like. We're too spread out, our factions are too divided. Aloria needs to shrink.

We need to be brought together, to share the same land and be able to fight over it or defend it together. We need a better sense of community and a feeling of activity in the factions world because it feels like a waste land.
I don't know if this would lift some weight off the servers too, and if it would, that's a bonus.

What do you guys think about the idea of removing some of the faction worlds? I know some mods put their time and energy into these new worlds but I feel like this was at a time we were expanding and needed new content. Now I feel it's all gone to waste.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I agree

I would think that we should reduce down, and perhaps, keep the worlds we get rid of (the default landscape that is) and re-add later on if we need more space

@MonMarty discussed this during a Crisis of Kings meeting. I'm mad in favour of this.

This brings up some interesting points that I didn't think of when first saw the title of this thread. Whereas I do agree that it's comparable to a wasteland, I don't think shrinking it is quite the answer. Making things such as smaller mountains (except for mountains around the border) or smaller lake/rivers would help, true, but the large amount of space gives many options for the terrain to put your city in. On that note, what would happen to pre-existing cities and bases? I feel a solution that would be interesting (albeit hard to implement) is NPC factions, which (if you want land they own) you can purchase their claims, though for a price of Regals, or trade of equipment, or possibly even killing them all off, though such would remove benefits such as, say, workers.

This brings up some interesting points that I didn't think of when first saw the title of this thread. Whereas I do agree that it's comparable to a wasteland, I don't think shrinking it is quite the answer. Making things such as smaller mountains (except for mountains around the border) or smaller lake/rivers would help, true, but the large amount of space gives many options for the terrain to put your city in. On that note, what would happen to pre-existing cities and bases? I feel a solution that would be interesting (albeit hard to implement) is NPC factions, which (if you want land they own) you can purchase their claims, though for a price of Regals, or trade of equipment, or possibly even killing them all off, though such would remove benefits such as, say, workers.

No Lyee, not shrinking the mountains... removing entire worlds like Jorrhild and New Ceardia. That kind of shrinking.

I've been in favour of this for a long time, just haven't had the balls to say it in front of everyone tbh. The only problems arive when we ask, which worlds get removed and how this can affect certain players. No matter what world is removed, players will be annoyed.

Personally, I believe Ithania should be retained, as that is one of the oldest worlds and has many of the large factions' bases. I also believe in preserving Fendarfell and NewCeardia, however the others are less important (in my opinion)

Oh dear, looks like I've mis-read, though most of my statement still stands. On another note, removing New Cerdia would be very... Not good.

Personally, I believe Ithania should be retained, as that is one of the oldest worlds and has many of the large factions' bases. I also believe in preserving Fendarfell and NewCeardia, however the others are less important (in my opinion)
Yeah, those worlds are what I would choose to keep aswell, probably because of my memories of the place. Oh yeah, my faction is also there. That's a reason too.

Last edited:
I very much agree and suppose we decide to vote as a community what worlds should be taken away and which worlds to keep

Yup, I've said this like 3 times already but you should probably include the fact that all active bases can all be moved into a selected one or two worlds so they don't get wiped along with the world.

Merging every active faction down to two (or preferably one, imo) would be a positive change.