Archived Calendar?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

babbleboi

Senator
Reaction score
~vWv~ Calendars ~vWv~

So,
this suggestion would only affect Role-Play; as the title suggests, I am asking if we could have a more
realistic, set-in-stone system for timekeeping. I am not completely sure if this subject has been brought up before, but while searching for examples I came across this. I hope, I'm not "advertising", but this particular Role-Play server, while lacking in most things, have a decently adequate foundation in its lore. I won't go into much details, but their calendar is molded to fit their deities and such, with a complicated system that involves seasons, gods, goddesses, and cycles. The first couple of thoughts that flashed through my mind when reading this were ideas such as: Incorporating our emperors, saints, priests and such into the "Regalian Calendar". Using Cycles and the complicated, yet realistic, methods of Uthrandir (My suggestion stemmed off of them, don't want to take credit for it) are not necessary, but a possible option. I also mentioned the Regalian Calendar earlier, because it would be similar to the modern-day Gregorian Calendar. The Gregorian Calendar is the most widely used, though I have met some that used their own, native or traditional calendars. If this suggestion is taken to thought and maybe incorporated, we could have sub-calendars for those other races, with their own holidays, deities, important events in history etc.

Click the link, check it out, and give me some criticism, ideas, suggestions and any other thoughts below!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I like the idea, their calender is way to long though. However, a more sensible for this server would be very beneficial.

I think we need to establish more when a Regalian days starts IRL and ends IRL so we can then determine what day of our calendar it is. I do remember a book at the Regalian Library that was stolen that was a cake dear of sorts with the names days of the weeks and the months of the year.

I think we need to establish more when a Regalian days starts IRL and ends IRL so we can then determine what day of our calendar it is. I do remember a book at the Regalian Library that was stolen that was a cake dear of sorts with the names days of the weeks and the months of the year.
The link I provided has actually calculated that all; how long equals a day, a week, a month, etc. And how boring would that be, using the modern day calendar xD

This is quite a nice idea, but I think I prefer the freedom; character-development-wise, it's very useful to be able to just agree with the other RPer(s) that it's been x number of days since last time without having to wait IRL.

I believe we need a more consolidated calendar, but I don't support the complexity. I'd like to have a clearer idea of the years and what happened when.

Status
Not open for further replies.